March 2014 Moms

Have you chosen a nursery theme yet?

I think we did today!! Dr. Seuss ABC's.... it's not too over the top Seuss, gender neutral as we're team green, very cute :)

BabyFruit Ticker Image and video hosting by TinyPic

Re: Have you chosen a nursery theme yet?

• That's really cute and perfect for gender neutral. We chose our theme a couple weeks ago. Also team green, we are bears as our overall theme, but the bedding is honey bears. Don't have a pic but search honey bear bedding. It's sold in quite a few places.
  • We will be using DD's bedding if we have another girl, pink and brown cowgirl.  If its a boy, we will be doing western themed.
    Baby Birthday Ticker Ticker imageBabyFetus Ticker
  • Loading the player...
  • We are living in the home where my husband grew up. My FIL had installed a train track in the ceiling of my husband's old bedroom. So we're really hoping for a boy and going with a train theme! If it's a girl, I'd like to do a music theme - we found my FIL's trumpet from his high school band days. He passed away on Father's Day so we've been doing a lot of cleaning. My husband has his saxophone from his band days and his guitar so I'm ho
    Officially started TTC January 2012
    Dx with PCOS November 2012
    2/2013 - First round of Femara - No O
    Took 2 months to get vaccinated from the chickenpox
    5/2013 - Second round Femara - No O
    6/2013 - Third round of Femara + HCG Trigger Shot = O!
    7/18/2013 - Found out I was pregnant
    Dx with Gestational Diabetes at 28 weeks
    Dx with Macrosomia at 33 weeks
    Taking Glyburide and Metformin to control GD
    Due date is March 29th but we are moving forward with a scheduled C-Section on March 25th

• Ping it'll look great! (Accidentally hit the post button! Stupid iPhone!)
    Officially started TTC January 2012
    Dx with PCOS November 2012
    2/2013 - First round of Femara - No O
    Took 2 months to get vaccinated from the chickenpox
    5/2013 - Second round Femara - No O
    6/2013 - Third round of Femara + HCG Trigger Shot = O!
    7/18/2013 - Found out I was pregnant
    Dx with Gestational Diabetes at 28 weeks
    Dx with Macrosomia at 33 weeks
    Taking Glyburide and Metformin to control GD
    Due date is March 29th but we are moving forward with a scheduled C-Section on March 25th

• No theme, just polka dots. I want pink and teal if it's a girl. If it's a boy, blue and red.
    Dx: Non-IR PCOS
    Baby Girl K #1 Born 3/8/14
    Baby Girl K #2 EDD 3/3/19
  • Pink and aqua with a girls safari theme. I'm excited!
    Image and video hosting by TinyPic
    Lilypie Third Birthday tickers

*Proud Air Force Wife*

"I'll love you forever,
    I'll like you for always.
    As long as I'm living,
    my baby you'll be."
  • Boy or girl we are doing a woodland theme :) trees, foxes, birds, deer and bears. Different shades of green. I found some really cool DIY ideas on Pinterest!
  • We're doing a gender neutral turtle theme...I hope.  I have to figure out how to make it all work.  Especially since I'm not particularly artistic.

imageLilypie First Birthday tickersimage

• We're doing a gender neutral adventure theme. Maps, star charts, famous scientists/travelers, items from our own travels. Once we get safely into the 2nd trimester, I'll start putting it all together.
    Baby Birthday Ticker Ticker
  • Grey and yellow here also.
    AnniversaryBaby Birthday Ticker Ticker
  • We are doing gender neutral so we don't have to change it if the next child is a different sex. We are doing a yellow and grey nursery.
  • My DH loves wizard of Oz and we want to do that theme, but I keep thinking that it might be to girlie since we are team green.
  • we are doing gender neutral, this is my inspiration nursery
    Image and video hosting by TinyPic

Image and video hosting by TinyPic&nImage and video hosting by TinyPic bsp;center;"
    >Lilypie Fourth Birthday tickers

Lilypie First Birthday tickers

• We are doing a pretty neutral nursery with just a couple "theme" accents... We are still deciding between forest accents and boston terrier accents.
    Baby Birthday Ticker Ticker
    textimage

• Since we'll be moving from our current apartment to our new condo when the baby will be around 6 months old, we'll be more focusing on getting a real nursery decoration theme in the condo. We'll stick with green and yellow colored accessories. The apartment's will stay white, but we'll probably go with a light green or yellow color in the condo. I was thinking maybe a nature theme with some tree and animals decals on the wall.
  • Our spare bedroom was already a honey mustard color, so we're going to work with that. All white furniture and then brown, green & orange accents.
    Married 4-26-2011  Me 31 DH 28  
    TTC since 12/2011  
    5/4/13-IUI #1=BFN,  6/3/13-IUI #2=BFN, 7/1/2013-IUI #3=BFP!!!
    Little Man arrived 3/28/14 at 10:32pm
    9 lb 1 oz & 21 3/4 inches

• We're doing a Harry Potter themed room! Will work for either gender!

Saw this on another bmb and thought of you.

https://forums.thebump.com/discussion/12060809/harry-potter-nursery-pip#latest
    Hi I'm Aria. Married in 2008. Baby G born 2011. Due March 25, 2014
    BabyFruit Ticker
  • I like using patterns more than an actual theme.
    Here's for girl (pink paisley) or a boy (multicolored polka dots):
    Anniversary
    Baby Birthday Ticker Ticker Baby Birthday Ticker Ticker   image

~*~*~*~*~*~*~*~*~Kari~*~*~*~*~*~*~*~*~

• For a boy we're doing a sports theme for sure. For a girl, I don't think I'd like to do a theme as much as just some frilly girly patterns and colors.
  • We are doing dr. Who or video game things like companion cubes.
  • Keeping it simple: Gray and white chevron with mint. Pops of orange for a boy, magenta for a girl.
    And then some music quotes to hang around the room.
  • No clue! We decided today that we're going to remove the door from one of our master walk-in closets and convert it to a tiny nursery with a mini crib in it since we don't have an extra bedroom for this little one. I have a few general ideas about what to do with it, but I'm not giving decor much thought until we find out the sex.
    Bubba, born Jan. 2007 * Sissy, born Apr. 2009 * Baby Sister, born Feb. 2014
  • we think it is a boy: if it is it will have an orange and blue themed nursery with alligators. it is going to be florida gators but not brandish.

Married 11/27/09 and TTC right away
    Dx: Complete septate uterus with cervical duplication, endometrial polyps, PCOS, endometriosis, hypo thyroid, luteal phase defect
    4 uterus surgeries to correct my complete septum and to remove polyps and 2 years of seeing the RE, medicated cycles and IUIs
    Baby 1 and 2: BFP 3/3/11 with 2 babies EDD 11/1/11, M/C 4/6/11
    Baby #3: 8/11 pregnant EDD 4/27/11 and m/c:(
    Baby #4: 10/12/11 BFP! EDD 6/16/12m/c 10/26/11
    Baby #5: 3/13/12 BFP! EDD 11/25/12 ANOTHER m/c :(

Baby #6: 2/14/13- BFP! EDD 10/24/13, CP 2/19/13
    Baby #7: 3/15/13- BFP! EDD 11/27/13, another CP
    Baby #8.  BFP 5/19/13 EDD 1/22/14. 8 was not our lucky number

4th septum resection on 5/31/13.
    Baby #9: 6/29/13 BFP. C section scheduled for March 5th!

My miracle baby was born March 5 at 9:33am. He was 8 lbs 12.5 oz and 21.25 inches long!

image"">

• The user and all related content has been deleted.
  • Ocean themed with surfboards and fishing poles for a boy and a classic white and black stencil with hints of purple for a girl.
  • Mrs.N.H.Mrs.N.H. member
    edited September 2013
    TallAsh said:

I ordered a vintage hot air balloon mobile back with my last m/c... I still love it and think we will stick with the theme, boy or girl.

Wow! That is gorgeous! Where did you find it? So far I've seen the individual ones, but I haven't seen the mobile yet.

image   image
    BabyFruit Ticker
  • Haven't decided yet.  Right now, I'm thinking gray and turqoise.  Music themed.  I'm finding/ordering my favorite pieces of music to frame and hang.  I'll probably ask some of my favorite people for their favorite piece/song as well. 

I could totally change my mind at any point though.  I've got a while to figure it out.
    baby boy: 3.19.2014
  • There will be no theme for us just a color scheme. We're a very neutral colored family so grey is our main color of choice. Depending on if we have a boy or a girl we will accent with a few colors we have in mind for both.

These are my inspiration rooms. The walls will be dark grey no matter what though. I'm still contimplating 1 striped wall & chair rail.
  • Ahh I love it :) we want to do the same.. Boy or girl. Saw some great ideas on Pinterest.. Cute twig name art, mobiles, ect.. Will be a lot of fun to get started. Best of luck to you!!
  • linzandjer11linzandjer11 member
    edited September 2013
    The walls are already green, and I'd like to do white furniture, depending on what we can find.

I think Peter Pan would be a fun theme! Then when they get older, we can make it more pirate-y/lost boy/Indians for a boy, or mermaids and fairies for a girl! Either that, or hot air balloons. I really want to be really gender neutral, simple and timeless since I'm sure we'll be using this stuff for many more babies to come!
  • We are doing Dr. Seuss "Oh the Places You'll Go".  It comes in pink and blue, so no matter what the baby is, that's what we'll use.  :)
    brideandgroom4 ceremony20 brideandgroom11

Married 9/8/07

BFP on 12/30/12, EDD 9/6/13, u/s at 8w no HB MMC 2/4/13

BabyFruit Ticker
  • I think we did today!! Dr. Seuss ABC's.... it's not too over the top Seuss, gender neutral as we're team green, very cute :)
    We are actually doing Dr. Seuss as well! I *think* we're going to find out the genders, but regardless I don't want it to be pink or blue lol.  I think we will probably decorate the room itself in Dr. Seuss bright colors and do solid colors for bedding (Red, blue, yellow, etc)
    1st FET 2/14/2013 Happy Valentines Day! - BFN
    2nd FET 6/14/2013
    - BPF!!! -
    1st Beta:
    1046!!!!! - 2nd Beta: 2754!!!!!
    First u/s 7/11/2013 - TWINS!!! 120 and 124 heartbeats <3
    Second u/s
    7/29/2013 - wiggley babies! 178 and 184 heartbeats!
    Third u/s
    9/9/2013 - 157 and 161 heartbeats ... a BOY and a GIRL!!!! Cervix on the "shorter side" (3-3.3) - going to check again in 2 weeks.
    Fourth u/s 9/23/2013 - Baby A = 157 Baby B = 150 heartbeat. Cervix now 2.3-2.6 ... being referred to a MFM
    MFM Appointment 9/26/2013 = Both babies healthy, cervix now measuring at 4 - Playing tricks on me ... will follow up in 2 weeks.
    Cervical check 10/7 with regular OB - 2.1cm  --- going BACK to the MFM armed with ultrasound pictures from my OB of my cervix. *sigh*
    MFM Appointment 10/8 - confirmed my cervix at 2.1cm - putting me on Progesterone for a week.
    MFM Appointment 10/17 - Cervix unchanged! Keeping me on Progesterone - followup 10/29

photo e8294769.jpgphoto 3a44b450.jpg
    imageimageimageimage"">image

Everett Alan James (3lbs8oz) and Eliana Lee (3lbs7oz) born 12/28/13 at 30w6d!
  • jwls84 said:

We are doing a gender neutral nursery (team green). We have decided on your are my sunshine theme and the walls will be light grey and white furniture.
    I already have the bedding! And we will start on the art work soon.

How funny is this! We are doing the EXACT SAME thing. The gray and white chevron and polka dot bedding- same picture saved for my mom to buy when I hit 12 weeks. And I have all of these you are my sunshine signs picked out- not sure which I am going to go with. I guess great minds think alike : )
  • Lilly Pulitzer inspired nursery for girl, jungle animals for boy
  • We are still trying to figure out which room will be the nursery.  I have been putting stuff on pinterest but after conversations with the DH this weekend I need to start including him more - we were not on the same page at all regarding potential themes and locations!
    March 2014 February Siggy Challenge: Third Trimester Feelings

IAmPregnant Ticker
This discussion has been closed.
Choose Another Board
Search Boards
"
"