March 2013 Moms
Options

Anyone else?

I don't always pick my son up form daycare.

But when I do, I get a sore throat for days.

BabyFetus Ticker

Re: Anyone else?

• Options
    Hahaha - LO doesn't go to day care, and this is one of the reasons why ;-)
  • Options
    Yea. We've been sick a few times since starting daycare. Some of us don't have the option of no daycare. But in the end it will be good. Building up our immune systems is never a bad thing. They will all be exposed to stuff eventually when they start school so might as well build up the immunity when they're young and won't remember it.
  • Loading the player...
  • Options

Yea. We've been sick a few times since starting daycare. Some of us don't have the option of no daycare. But in the end it will be good. Building up our immune systems is never a bad thing. They will all be exposed to stuff eventually when they start school so might as well build up the immunity when they're young and won't remember it.

Amen. The comment before yours kind of ticked me off.
    Pregnancy Ticker
  • Options
    Ha ha, me too! I've been sick more in the last few months than I've been in years. I guess it comes with the territory.
  • Options
    We have been in daycare since she was six weeks.  Hasn't been sick yet!! (knocking on wood) I am coming down with something now tho. :(

Baby Birthday Ticker Ticker

• Options

originally PP-that came off pretty smug.  Not everyone has alternative options to daycare.

and OP-I worked in daycare for 4 years and in that span of time I got bronchial pneumia (I was on breathing treatments), bronchitis 4x, strep throat so bad my fever was 105.9 (scary) and a sinus infection every 3 months.  no matter what you do, you will get sick-there's only so many viruses and different bacteria that can come at your before you break down. sanitize your hands, your kids hands, and anything that was at the daycare every single day in order to keep all of that as far away from your family as possible!

BabyFetus Ticker Little Riley-our first little girl coming March 1st, 2013 (or sometime around there;)
This discussion has been closed.
Choose Another Board
Search Boards
"
"