December 2012 Moms
Options

Overnight with Grandma & Grandpa = a big FAT FAIL!!!

My parents were going to take Morgan overnight Sunday into Monday so DH and I could have a date night and I could get some sleep.  Well we went to a movie, "We're the Millers" (awesome movie BTW!!) and dinner (Outback) and on our way home I got the call....Morgan woke up and was screaming.  Nothing they were doing was calming her down, they tried everything.  She had been crying and screaming for almost an hour at that point, I almost lost it on the phone because I could hear her in the background.  So we went and picked her up.

As soon as we got there she stopped crying, by that point it was down to some sniffling and whining, but she smiled for the first time.  I tried putting her back to sleep but she wanted nothing to do with that.  So my night of sleep wasn't so....Oh well, there's always next year :)

We Made A Wish....

And You Came True!

Re: Overnight with Grandma & Grandpa = a big FAT FAIL!!!

• Options
    Awww, I'm sorry your date got cut short. Glad you got to have dinner and a movie though. I've never left Connor overnight. My Mom passed away 8 years ago and my SO's Mom lives in another state.

I left him with a friend last Saturday from 3 pm till midnight and he screamed for the first half hour. I can only imagine how hard these babies will be to leave when are little toddlers. Maybe next time your Mom can watch her at your house? Then ease into overnights away? Familiar surroundings help with Connor so maybe it would help your LO.
    Baby Birthday Ticker Ticker

imageimage

• Options
    Well that's a bummer that it didn't work out. I have never left either of the girls. I don't think DD2 would do well at all.
    Ivy: July 2010  |  Stella: Dec 2012  |  BFP#3: MMC at 11Wk's, July 2017 | Wyatt: April 2019 | BFP#5: Twin Girls due Sept 2020

• Loading the player...
  • Options
    Bummer. 
    Our overnight went pretty well. As far as I know, I kind of wonder if LO was crying a lot but they didn't let me know so we could have a good time. Not sure how I feel about that but I guess it's in the past. 
    The other thing was that we were at a hotel, so LO could sleep in his usual crib/ room, which maybe helped. 
    imageimageimage
    weddingcountdown.com Lilypie First Birthday tickers
  • Options
    Well now I feel bad about leaving her with my parents...

We Made A Wish....

And You Came True!

• Options
    I would've lost it too if I heard dd crying through the phone. I bet the look on her face when she saw you guys come back was priceless. I haven't left dd yet but I hope to eventually for a date night/movie. I hope it goes better next time! 

Lilypie Kids Birthday tickers
    Lilypie Second Birthday tickers
    Lilypie Pregnancy tickers
  • Options
    I'm so sorry! Hopefully your next date night goes better...

BFP #1 12/02/11, M/C 12/08/11
    BFP #2 04/06/12, DD born 12/20/12
    BFP #3 06/09/14, M/C 06/15/14

• Options
    Don't feel bad! We all deserve a break every once and a while. If your parents are anything like mine, they probably felt bad they couldn't help and give you a break! 
    Lilypie Kids Birthday tickers 

Lilypie Fourth Birthday tickers
    Lilypie First Birthday tickers

Blogging about boobs, babies, bed lust & everything in between since 2007.
  • Options
    Don't feel bad! We all deserve a break every once and a while. If your parents are anything like mine, they probably felt bad they couldn't help and give you a break! 
    I was going to say this exact same thing. Sorry you didn't get the rest of the night, but I'm glad you at least got out for a bit.
    photo 9de7615e-e1c7-4dc7-be37-5cc4c9e4e703_zpse37bbba7.jpg AlternaTickers - Cool, free Web tickers AlternaTickers - Cool, free Web tickers
  • Options
    Don't feel bad at all!! Alone time with our SO's is very important and we might not get as much time together as we'd like; at least not with out baby interruptions. My fMIL took LO for the day and FI and I took off work to spend the day together, it was easier than an overnight would have been. I still spent the whole morning crying but once we got out of the house it was better. We saw We're the Millers too! It was very good! It was an early movie so I got to take a late afternoon nap while FI made dinner, it was a good day :) 
    I'm sorry you weren't able to catch up on your sleep but I'm glad to hear you got the evening out with your DH. I hope things go better next time you try!
This discussion has been closed.
Choose Another Board
Search Boards
"
"