April 2014 Moms

Having trouble keeping the secret...

I caved and told a good friend today who I went to visit (she has a two-week old newborn). I couldn't help it! I know she won't say anything because she's been through this. I'm getting dinner with another good friend tonight and rather than come up with some lame excuse for why I can't order a margarita, I'm thinking of just telling her, too! Ahhhh!! I know I could count on them for support if anything tragic happened at least. But man, I just can't seem to keep my mouth shut these days!

Anyone else having this issue??
Baby Birthday Ticker Ticker

Re: Having trouble keeping the secret...

• Yes! I want to tell the people I work with but considering I'm the boss it's best best best if I keep my mouth shut until 12 weeks... If the MS doesn't give me away. DH and I are considering telling his bf tonight. My MOH, M, and MIL already all know.
  • Yes! I meant to not tell anyone until 12 weeks but the list of people that know is growing....
  • Loading the player...
  • I haven't got maternity jeans yet, it's hot outside, and I have a bump already on top of bloat. I'm wearing a red (game night) loose running tank with yoga pants to watch the game at IL's and hoping the a/c is high enough to throw my hoodie on! This is getting harder and harder.... 12 weeks  can't come quick enough!

Married 2005, DS: 2006, DD: 2008 EDD: 4/16/14- IT'S A GIRL! Scarlett Jean
    Lilypie Pregnancy tickers
  • I was my friends date for her wedding and caved and told her because I couldn't hide not drinking.

IAmPregnant Ticker

BabyFruit Ticker

• I've already told everyone - parents, in-laws, friends, and the rest of the family.  I figured that if something tragic happened I'd rather have people know so that they understand why we're upset and sad.  
  • I'm struggling not to tell some closer people at work, but I'm being strong to wait until we tell our families at 8 weeks. Then I'll tell my bosses and everyone at work.  Luckily I haven't had a lot of noticeable MS to give it away, but I'm getting short on non-drinking excuses.
  • It is so very hard not to share. Especially with the people who we have been around a lot in the past few weeks. I am really considering telling our closest friends and family after our first US on the 9th. But then at the same time I'm telling myself to just zip it and be patient...
    Alycia Murphy
  • Yeah, there's no way I could keep this a secret till 12 weeks. I'm telling close family and friends at 9 weeks (after our dr. appt) and boss/ work people at 10 weeks. I can't wait :)
    image    image

With the possible exception of the equator, everything begins somewhere. - C.S.Lewis

• I'm having a hard time, but it's for a different reason. I just had a baby 5 months ago. I heard that you show more quickly with your second baby, but I had NO idea! My uterus seems to be growing (doubling) daily! :/  It's going to be hard to keep it a secret much longer.
    Baby Birthday Ticker Ticker Pregnancy Ticker
  • It's very hard not to tell! We had our 1st app last week. So we told my mom, gma, and bro. Tomorrow we are telling my inlaws. I also think that if something went wrong that I would want our families to be there for us. I might end up telling a couple close friends before 12wks but other then that the plan is to wait till then
  • A couple close family members guessed due to my exhaustion and no alcohol. We're waiting to tell rest of dam after us @ 10 weeks. Then everyone else when we're in our 2nd trimester.

• cfthoct292011cfthoct292011 member
    edited September 2013
    Everyday I wanna tell people besides just the excitement I have to keep making excuses for things. Like they asked if i wanted to go out for drinks i said no thanks theyre all like what are you pregnant lol. And I find myself subconsciously touching my belly. Plus I'm so hungry and nauseous and tired I just wanna take a naaaaaap. And how do i explain stuffing my face and the heartburn. Then my husbands cousins are constantly over and they think I'm just sick all the time I'm scared to even talk thinking I'll give it all away. I have to think out my sentences and tomorrow I have lunch with my sis who knows and SIL who doesn't
    My Alice in Wonderland Baby Shower 3/30/2014
    Instagram photo by sassijae - Baby shower time... #laylascoming #sisterinlaw #aliceinwonderland #teaparty #cantwaittilltiffgetshere

October 30, 2011
  • I came so close to telling my mom and sister tonight because they were randomly asking when me and DH were planning on having a baby - which surprised me because I didn't think they would approve of me being pregnant so young. I was proud I kept my mouth shut, but my first appt is in 3 weeks (when I'm 9weeks), and as long as everything's ok, I'm spilling the beans to the family...if I make it THAT long haha
  • I've never been able to wait the full 12 weeks.

Married 3.14.09
    DS born 8.20.10
    MC 7.11.11
    DD born 5.24.12
    #3 EDD 4.02.14
  • my friend had a drink that her husband would get that looked like a cocktail, but was alcohol free..I cannot remember exactly what it was maybe 7up and pineapple juice?  I just found out and I am thinking of how to do this too...so I do not give it away!
  • The home prego test came back positive today ...think I will be due the 27th of April....excited and nervous.  I want to tell people already...  I sat down with my husband right away and made a plan of when to tell people - I am hoping that having a plan will help me not too spill the beans early!

• imogenisisimogenisis member
    edited September 2013
    Same here Rebecca! I had a miscarriage last pregnancy and I can't express how comforting it was to have family and friends to cry with and talk to it about.

BabyFetus Ticker

• I'll be 8 weeks, 6 days at the first appointment. I just want to hear that reassuring heartbeat and see the ultrasound, and then I'll try to hold off for one more week. It is super hard though!!
  • I had to tell a few people because I was being asked about doing concerts in April. I didn't want to say no, because, I want to do them in the future, of course! So, I had to tell. No one has said a word though :-)
    BabyFruit Ticker mean_girls_35345
  • I really want to tell some of my close friends and some family. I keep talking myself out of it though...I have my first appointment on Tuesday and we'll get to hear the heartbeat. No ultrasound until 18-20 weeks so I will have to be okay with telling after Tuesday. DH and I are going up north for a few days the 2nd week of Sept so we're thinking of spilling the beans to his fam on our way back. We have plans with my parents Sept 15. I will tell my sister and a few close friends, then spill to everyone else after 12 weeks...
    Baby #1: Elena 4/6/14
    Baby #2: Grayson EDD 10/22/16

• I have told a bunch of people. :( I can't keep my mouth shut with my own secrets apparently.

I told my sister first, then I told a coworker, then my parents, then my mom told my other sister...then I told my other coworker and boss, then DH told his best friend and his gf, then I told two more friends, then we told the in laws....

You can see where this is going. I got a little excited after a good ultrasound!
    Image and video hosting by TinyPic

Started dating February 6, 2012
    Married June 28, 2013
    BFP August 9, 2013
    Had our first baby, Samuel Robert, on April 17, 2014!

• I was planning to wait until 12 weeks to tell anyone, but it totally didn't happen.  We wanted to tell our families in person and we happened to be visiting my family last weekend and his family 3 weekends ago, so they all know.  I've also told my best friend, and DH has told a couple of his work buddies.  I'm waiting until 12 weeks to tell my coworkers, and I hope nobody lets the cat out of the bag on facebook until at least that time.
  • I'm struggling not to spill the beans as well. I'm 5 wks 6 days with my first pregnancy. The fear of miscarriage is the only thing keeping me from telling the family right now (DH and I are very excited, been trying for 5 months). I'm hoping to hold off until I get to hear/see a heartbeat...
  • I've never understood the reason to wait. After suffering a 5/6 week miscarriage I understand it even less. I miscarried a week before Christmas, we had been waiting to tell our most of our friends & family until we saw them for the holiday. I wish I had told everyone sooner, one blessing was that my FIL had spilled the beans at church. As much pain as I was in it was an amazing comfort that my Auriel was noticed and missed.
  • I had to tell my work right away because I work in an animal hospital and need to stay away from litter boxes, aggressive animals and x-ray.  Otherwise, no one else knows yet.  I caved yesterday at a friend's house though!  We were having a girls' lunch and they were serving mimosas and one of my friends just automatically poured one for me.  When she handed it to me I said oh I'm not having one.  Then she jokingly said "oh are you pregnant?"  I couldn't hold a straight face, so whoopsie!  So now 5 of my girlfriends know.  Oh well, I guess everyone finds out eventually!

Me 34 DH 31, Together since 2003, Married August 20, 2011,  TTC since May 2013
    BFP #1 August 24, 2013! MMC discovered Oct. 3, 2013, D&C Oct. 4, 2013
    BFP #2 December 17, 2013! MMC discovered Jan. 28, 2014, D&C Jan. 30, 2014
    Testing done: male with complete Trisomy 16, not hereditary. Tested me for clotting disorders, all normal.
    Feb. 2014 all clear again to TTC!  Will start progesterone supplementation with the next BFP just in case.       Oct. 2014 more testing just because, thyroid and autoimmune panels = normal.  Diagnostic U/S = no abnormalities.  Will keep trying for 3-6 more months, doctor still optimistic!

BFP #3 December 11, 2014!  Beta #1 14DPO = 122.4 Beta #2 17DPO = 296.8 Please stick little one and be our Rainbow!

Perfect little heartbeat of 156 seen 1/7/15 :)

***Everybody Welcomed***  :)  

EDD 8/21/2015 Team Green!

IAmPregnant Tickerrainbows                

photo Multiple4_zps436a50cc.jpg photo April3_zps882432ab.jpg August 2 

August 2015 Siggy Challenge: Favorite mean girl from a movie or show:  Kathy Bates in "Misery"

This discussion has been closed.
Choose Another Board
Search Boards
"
"