June 2013 Moms

Another GTKY

How many children do you have? How many do you want?

What's your favorite thing about having an outside baby now? Least favorite?

Have u lost your pregnancy weight? If not how much do you have left?

If your going for more when will you start trying to get pregnant again?

Feel free to add on any random facts about whatever! (I'm obviously looking for reading material! Lol)

Re: Another GTKY

• Javi is our first but right now I'm leaning toward 3.

My favorite thing about ds are his smiles! I just melt! Makes everything wonderful! My least favorite is feeling that lack of freedom...

I have not lost all my pregnancy weight, I gained 58lbs and have 16lbs to go...

We won't start trying again until I feel like my body is back to normal... Aiming for about 2 years apart?

Random: I love chocolate, beer, wine and carbs... Which is also the reason those 16lbs are hangin around! Lol

• How many children do you have? How many do you want?- - This is my first, but I want 3 or 4 if we can afford it. DH says, "We'll talk after two."

What's your favorite thing about having an outside baby now? Least favorite? -- I love every second with my little girl. Her smiles are amazing, and I love being a mommy. Least favorite: I miss sleep!! So much.

Have u lost your pregnancy weight? If not how much do you have left?- - I gained about 20lbs during pregnancy and lost it all in a week. I guess it was all baby. I'm almost 8 weeks pp and about 10lbs below pre-pregnancy weight. I credit BFing.

If your going for more when will you start trying to get pregnant again?- - Even though I definitely want more kids, I'm in no hurry to be pregnant again for a while. We could wait anywhere between 2-5 years for number two... still playing it by ear.

Random: I need to make an effort to get out more. I'm still nervous about outings with LO. Also, my sweet tooth has been insatiable since giving birth. I'm normally a salty food person, so I don't know what my deal is.
  • Loading the player...
  • I have 2 boys and that is more than enough :) it's hard to say never because I still have baby making years ahead of me, but we are done for the foreseeable future.

Favorite thing about having an outside baby is being able to play with DS1 and seeing DS2 grow so much so quickly! Least favorite thing is being expected to pull my weight at home :) I got away with being a bump on a log for far too long while I was pregnant!

I have lost all 30 lbs that I gained this time but still have 10 lbs left from my first pregnancy. Can't wait to fit into clothes I haven't worn in 3 years!!

Random: I am practicing being a normal person for when I go back to work. Literally, practicing doing my hair, eating a proper meal, and such. It makes me feel like I am preparing for my first day at school instead of his :)
                                                                  #Bodymber14 #Bodygate #itsMillerTime

Bradley 05-04-11 & Tyler 06-18-13
  • How many children do you have? How many do you want? Connor is our first. We are one and done.

What's your favorite thing about having an outside baby now? Least favorite? Cuddles and seeing him grow and change! No sleep... Lol. Yes, I knew that could happen.

Have u lost your pregnancy weight? If not how much do you have left? I have about 5 lbs to lose.

If your going for more when will you start trying to get pregnant again? N/A
    Image and video hosting by TinyPic Image and video hosting by TinyPic
    BFP #1: 6.26.12 EDD: 2.11.13 missed m/c: 7.31.12 @ 12 weeks
    BFP #2: 10.1.12 EDD: 6.11.13 Born 6.13.13
    photo 2546f8b6-17f6-4b55-b007-93a547c620b8.jpg

Lilypie Second Birthday tickers
  • How many children do you have? How many do you want? 1 now, maaaaaaybe another. 

What's your favorite thing about having an outside baby now? Least favorite? Well, he stopped dying, which was cool. But now I have to feed him. 

Have u lost your pregnancy weight? If not how much do you have left? Ha, no. like a kajillion pounds. 

If your going for more when will you start trying to get pregnant again? maybe in another couple of years. 

I like Dr. Quinn. 

I'm not new. I just hate The Bump. 

• flerlgirl said:

How many children do you have? How many do you want? 1 now, maaaaaaybe another. 

What's your favorite thing about having an outside baby now? Least favorite? Well, he stopped dying, which was cool. But now I have to feed him. 

Have u lost your pregnancy weight? If not how much do you have left? Ha, no. like a kajillion pounds. 

If your going for more when will you start trying to get pregnant again? maybe in another couple of years. 

I like Dr. Quinn. 

Josh! Our first June baby! We haven't gotten any updates lately! How is he??

• How many children do you have? How many do you want? 1 of my own and DH has a son, as well.  I'd like 1-2 more.  

What's your favorite thing about having an outside baby now? Least favorite? Fav: getting to make her smile and squeal at me; Least: feeling like I don't have time to do the most basic things in life like dishes. 

Have u lost your pregnancy weight? If not how much do you have left?  Yep, it was all gone by about 3 weeks pp. 

If your going for more when will you start trying to get pregnant again?  Probably at least another year-year and a half.

Feel free to add on any random facts about whatever! (I'm obviously looking for reading material! Lol)  Vent: I just started my new job and I am seriously despising my work partner....my contract is for 3 years and I'm scared how this is going to go...sigh. 
  • Megan32290Megan32290 member
    edited August 2013
    DD is our first, and we would love to have 2 or 3. 

My favorite part of being a mom is cuddles and watching her discover new things. Her eyes light up and she smiles--so cute! My least favorite part is not being able to go places spontaneously. It requires planning, and it takes much longer to get ready to leave the house. 

I was down to my pre-pregnancy weight the first week; however, I don't have my body back. I realize it may never be the same, but I need to work on toning/tightening. 

We don't plan on trying again until DD is 1 or 2. If we are blessed before then, great! We don't expect any surprises since I don't ovulate on my own. 

ETA: attempted to fix paragraph spacing. Ugh Fail. Not used to posting on iPad. Sorry!
    Baby Birthday Ticker Ticker
  • Grayson is our first and we plan on having one more.
    Favorite thing about having LO is the way he smiles and babbles at me and loves me more than anyone. Least favorite car rides, no freedom, sleepless nights, and clipping fingernails!
    I just got back to my pre pregnancy weight I gained 30 lost 25 in the first week it took 12 weeks to loose the last 5. Even though my weight is back I'm so flabby yuck!
    We will probably not start TTC till Grayson is 2 I'd like about a 3 year gap between them.
    I desperately want a baby girl next!
  • hjk5000hjk5000 member
    edited August 2013
    How many children do you have? How many do you want? We're two and through.

What's your favorite thing about having an outside baby now? Least favorite? Not being pregnant! ;) Sleeping on my back and being able to mostly eat and drink what I want. Least favorite is the PP belly.

Have u lost your pregnancy weight? If not how much do you have left? Nope, I still have a ways to go. I'm one of the lucky ones that hangs onto weight when BF.
    PCOS Dx 12.08 / BFP! 4.22.10 DS1 born 1.4.11 DS2 born 6.19.13
    Lilypie Third Birthday tickersLilypie First Birthday tickers
  • This is #1, we want 3 or 4

Love the smiles and showing her off (I'm modest like that :P). Least favourite is the crying, she can't go to sleep without screaming and it makes me so sad.

I think I've lost it all by now, maybe still have 5lbs or so.

I thought I would want to right away, but the newborn phase has been hard on me so I think we'll wait at least16 months before trying again, maybe we will decide to space out even more.

• How many children do you have? How many do you want?
    Three, 2 Step Children & 1 thats all me.

I want three. I wouldnt poo poo the idea of four. but right now that seems like a VERY VERY distant thought.

Watching my H interact with baby & watching baby interact with big bro & sis.. Least favorite is my lack of sleep.

back to PP weight. my body has definitely changed though...

N/A

Feel free to add on any random facts about whatever! (I'm obviously looking for reading material! Lol)

I love my job and i am so glad to be back at work. H stays home with the baby and totally supports my career choices. He is the rock to my roll. :D
    Married: 04-13-12 

SS: 12-13-02 | SD: 12-13-02

DS: 6-8-13 | Sept 15' #2

• MaelaraMaelara member
    edited August 2013
    How many children do you have? How many do you want? 
    I have one baby and we want 2. 
    My favourite thing is all the smiles! When she sleeps, I look at her and can't wait for her to be up again so I can play with her! My least favourite is the lack of sleep. 
    I have 4 pounds left to lose. 
     Probably in about a year. 
  • MJ is out first! I want two, husband wants more. I think I will win this argument haha

My favorite things are his cuddles and smiles. He gives the best hugs ever. My least favorite thing is that it's really been a strain on mine and my husband's relationship. We were in such a good place when I was pregnant. And we have been together 7 years (married for 4), but I just thought he would be way different. He loves MJ, but still "wants a life" He doesn't want to put that on pause with the baby. He works long hours and would be totally happy going out Friday night, Saturday, and golfing Sunday.

I lost the 40 I gained during pregnancy and 5 of the 20 I wanted to lose before I got pregnant! I am breastfeeding and the first 40 FLEW off! Now it's just creeping off, which is not as fun haha

I think when MJ is two we will talk about a 2nd baby. Hopefully by then my husband has come around to the fact that party time is over! He needs to adjust to life as a daddy before I will consider a second child.

• This is our first, I initially wanted three but now I am not so sure if I want more. I would love to give him brothers and sisters but I had a traumatizing birth experience I don't think I will ever be ready to do it again.

my favorite thing is of course getting to see my baby, cuddles and laughs. I love how he looks so much like me. My least favorite is missing SLEEP and quality time with hubby

I still have 6 pounds to go. I just started swimming again and with breastfeeding hopefully I will get there soon.

Anniversary

• This is our first and I'm thinking last. I'm not too keen on the newborn stage.

My favorite thing is her smiles and seeing my husband so proud. Least favorite is when she cries and it feels like nothing helps. This is always the late at night when I'm exhausted and want time with my husband ha.

I'm back at prepregnancy weight but nothing fits because my boobs are so much bigger and my hips spread. Someday I'll buy new stuff.

Only four more weeks of my husband in his brace. Or at least I hope. Being a solo parent is no fun!
  • E is our first and we'd like one more.

I love her big gummy smiles, serious faces and her pout face. I miss sleep and being more productive but still wouldn't trade my time with her for either.

Last time I stepped on a scale I still had to lose 10 pounds so hopefully less than that now but haven't been doing much either to help lose it other than BFing.

I've lived in 10 different states/countries so far and if DH gets one of the jobs he is interviewing for it will be 11.

• @flerlgirl I'm glad he's doing so well, such a big boy now!

2 boys. I'm on the fence about 1 more but I'm like 90% sure we are done.

What's your favorite thing about having an outside baby now? Least favorite? Snuggles! Least favorite is poopy diapers, Lord that kid has a smelly butt!

Have u lost your pregnancy weight? If not how much do you have left? I lost it (I only gained 8 pounds) then regained it. But I never actually lost the weight from my first pregnancy so I am dieting now.

If your going for more when will you start trying to get pregnant again?I have to wait 1 year due to my C-section so I'm holding off baby-making decisions until then.

~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~

TTC Baby Rob #1 05/07, BFP 06/07, EDD 02/22/08, Baby Jackaroo born via c-section after 22 hours of labor on 02/27/08
    ~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~
    TTC Baby Rob #2 06/11 BFP 11/06/11 EDD 07/16/12 Natural M/C 11/25/11 @ 6w3d
    Baby Rob #2 (Sloane), in our hearts always.
    ~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~
    Here comes Baby Rob #3
     BFP on Cycle 17 09/27/12. EDD 06/04/12! Please Stick Baby! A/S 01/22/13 Baby looking great. Officially TEAM BLUE! Jack is getting a Baby Brother! RCS scheduled for 05/29/13. William Daryll born at 9:59am on 05/29/13. Left ovary and tube removed due to peach sized tumor found during RCS. Pathology came back benign!

Ads is our first. I often think she might be our last as well - The newborn phase was super hard on me. DH wants at least one more so we will see.

Smiles and cuddles are the best. I hate having to worry about everything though - she was so much safer when she was still on the inside.

I only gained 28# but as of last week I still had 15 to go. #:-S Guess I am one of the lucky ones that does not lose weight while EBF

If we decide to - not for at least a year and a half maybe 2 years

Random fact - DH used to say he never wanted a girl, that he would leave it on someone's door step or sell her on the black market. Joking of course. But now, I am sure like most guys that have a daughter, he is completely under her control! It is hilarious. If she cries, he just starts to offer to buy her things like a pony or a car! haha

Also - I have crazy monkey toes and DD already has started trying to pinch people and do things with her toes too. I love it

image image

• How many children do you have? How many do you want? B is our first.  I want to have at least one more... maybe two more. 

What's your favorite thing about having an outside baby now? Least favorite? I love having B around!  He is very smiley and I love it when he tries to sing.  It is freakin adorable.  But I miss sleep... a lot. 

Have u lost your pregnancy weight? If not how much do you have left? Yup.  I only gained 18 pounds and only had about 5 more to lose by the time I left the hospital.  But my body is all weird now and I am certainly a lot more flabby than I was PP. 

If your going for more when will you start trying to get pregnant again? Probably pretty soon.  We are not really opposed to having the kids pretty close in age. 

image image
    Bennett Andrew- 6/4/13      Nora Elizabeth - 10/3/14
  • Kaelyn is our first. We have discussed having 2 or 3 total, but if we never did I would be happy with just her. :) I don't want to try for more than 2, but if a 3 comes along as a whoopsie I would be ok with that. But definitely trying for #2.. we thought K was a boy up until our A/S and we have boy clothes and a name picked out so we need our baby boy!

My favorite thing about an outside baby is her smiles and holding her... Honestly breastfeeding has been such a rewarding experience for me too. I love being that close to her.

My least favorite is the toll it has taken on DH and I. We were having ragey blow up fights. We never have sex. etc etc... I think we have worked through a lot of it, but it's been rough.

I lost all of my pregger weight plus 2lbs! Yay!

I would like to wait about 3-4 years before another child, considering DH does not help with her AT AAAALLLAAAALLLLAAAAALLLL unless I ask/beg... I can't handle 2 kids who are completely dependant on me. I need her to be able to make herself a sandwich. LOL

I'm glad I don't pee myself while coughing anymore.

image image

Have 1, and not sure about adding more.... We will see.

I love snuggling and loving on my little man! I royally dislike having to prep everything for daycare. I loathe bottles! So many darn pieces! And then pumping and storing milk. What a pain.

Nope, about 20 to go. Not worried about it though. I've never really been overweight before. And everyone says I look great. So if they think so, I'm fine.

I'm never having sex again. I'm so terrified of getting pregnant again.
  • How many children do you have? 1
    How many do you want? 2

What's your favorite thing about having an outside baby now? Seeing/hearing her laugh. It's so cute!

Least favorite? Pumping

Have u lost your pregnancy weight? If not how much do you have left? No, 10lbs. I am EBF but I eat a lot too so I don't expect it to go away fast. I would like to lose 15-20lbs.

If your going for more when will you start trying to get pregnant again? I have to convince DH first but ideally in one year.

Feel free to add on any random facts about whatever!

Right now I'm stressing over a case is thrush that won't seem to go away. This sucks.

I will miss my DD but I am looking forward to going back to work. I am not about that SAHM life.
    ~ ~ ~ ~  ~ ~ ~ ~ ~ ~ ~ ~ ~ ~ ~ ~ ~ ~ ~ ~ ~ ~ ~ ~ ~ ~ ~ ~ ~ ~ ~ ~ ~ ~ ~ ~ ~ ~ ~ ~ ~ ~ ~ ~ ~ ~ ~ ~ ~ ~ ~ ~ ~ ~ ~
    imageimage
  • How many children do you have? Lily is our first.

How many do you want? After the next one, we are done.  Doesn't matter if it is a boy or girl, two is our max!

What's your favorite thing about having an outside baby now? I love everything about Lily being out!  I don't care if it is crying or laughing, she's my everything!

Least favorite?  Leaving her to come to work in the morning.

Have u lost your pregnancy weight? If not how much do you have left?  I still have 5 lbs left.  I gained 40, so I think I'm doing pretty well.

If your going for more when will you start trying to get pregnant again?  We are going to wait until Lily is 3 or 4 years old.
    AnniversaryBaby Birthday Ticker Ticker
  • How many children do you have? How many do you want? 2, I would like 2-3 more but our babies are expensive so we'll see how that goes.

What's your favorite thing about having an outside baby now? Least favorite? I love watching them interact and cuddling with them. I miss being pregnant and I hate how short my dh and I are with each other.

Have u lost your pregnancy weight? If not how much do you have left? I gained 60 pounds and have lost 65.

If your going for more when will you start trying to get pregnant again? When we can afford ivf again or adoption.

• This was #2 for us and my hubby says 3 but I want 5/6 so we obviously have some compromising to do lol.

My fav thing about my outside baby is the snuggles and smiles, least is when he is over tired and cranky! Not fun

I haven't lost all my weight, have 10 pounds to go, but Im only 8 weeks pp and I gained just over 60lbs so I dont think Im doing to bad.

We will start TTC #3 in either Nov or Dec of this year :), most would say Im crazy lol

Random fact: In 3 weeks my hubby will finally get to meet his son for the first time!!!

DD1 5/16/2006 8lbs 3oz 21" (2 days late, 36.5 hour labor)
    M/C 12/08/09 6w5d
    DS1 6/27/2013 7lbs 9oz 19.5" (1 day late, 17.5 hour labor)
    M/C 12/18/13 6w1d Twins
    BFP#5 4/6/13 EDD 12/16/2014

BabyFruit Ticker image
  • Liam is our first. We both definitely want one more...possibly two. We'll see how it goes with 2 first!

My favorite part is the smiles and sweet looks he gives me. Melts my heart!

Least favorite is definitely the lack of sleep and constantly being tired.

I gained 33 lbs and have like 4 or so left. I would really like to lose another 30-40 though because I gained a lot of weight while TTC.

We want our kids to be pretty close in age. I figure when he's a year old we'll discuss it and see where we are.

I really need to make some new friends. My best friend moved 4 hours away, and I've drifted apart from my other friends.

This is our first  and we would like 2. 

I love everything about being my LO's mom.  It is the most fulfilling experience. I knew it would be great to be a mom but had no idea this good! I love how much my husband loves our lo too.  

I miss sleep, having an immaculate house and having time to get my hair done. 

Technically 8 pounds to go except I am not toned at all. I use to be very fit and muscle weighs more than fat so probably need to lose more than 8 lbs.

We want to be pregnant by next June since I will be 40 in March. I had a c section and was told to wait at least one year. Sadly, I don't have much time left! In the ideal world, I would 2.5 years. 

I have my one DS, we are thinking 2 LOs but everyone thinks if its not a girl we will go for a third. 

Favorite thing is the smiling and laughing, least favorite is when he is fussy and crying

I still have 10-15 lbs to go

We haven't decided if we want them 2 or 3 years apart, I keep saying let's see how this one goes.

I go back to work Sept 13 which is a friday, I am thinking something bad is going to happen seeing its friday the 13th.  Yes I know its a stupid superstition.  Luckily DS will be with my hubby that day.

DD is the first and probably the last. Financially another baby would be hard and I've really struggled with the newborn phase. DH has a weird schedule so most of the responsibilities fall on me. I can't imagine caring for a toddler and newborn.

I love the smiles and just watching her grow and change. I hate the sleep regressions and wonder weeks!

No. At my appt two weeks ago I only had two pounds left but I am a flabby mess. I also had put on some weight before I got pregnant so I probably have 8-10 lbs to lose.

IF we decide to have another it won't be until DD is 2ish.

Ever since I had DD I've been craving sweets. I would kill for a cookie right now!
    My Book Blog

my read shelf:
    Denise's book recommendations, favorite quotes, book clubs, book trivia, book lists (read shelf)

This discussion has been closed.
Choose Another Board
Search Boards
"
"