June 2012 Moms
Options

Climbing

I just want to say having a climber is definitely exhausting especially when I have my 3 month old to look after too. James has learned how to climb onto the couches. And the way we had them set up they are at 90 degree angles with each other with a end table at the end of both. So he has been climbing onto one couch and crawling/walking over the end table to get to the other couch. I just rearranged the living room today to prevent this from happening anymore. Guess I should just be happy he hasn't tried climbing the bookcase yet(anchored to the wall).

Any other climbers out there?
                       SD(13) DS(10) DS(4) DS(3)
Lilypie Pregnancy tickers

Re: Climbing

• Options
    Ugh yes. Climbing and leaping. Coffee table to couch, onto side tables, etc. Out of the tub, onto chairs. You name it DS has tried to climb it! I couldn't imagine trying to keep up with him and a 3 month old!
    Baby Birthday Ticker Ticker
  • Options
    Yep. She freaks me out on the regular. She can climb into her high chair now. I won't be surprised to find her out of her crib one of these days.
    We have a swing set so at least she gets "allowed" climbing each day.

image   image

• Loading the player...
  • Options
    DS was standing in the couch and was putting his hands and elbows on the coffee table and I said "We don't climb on tables." So he turned around and extended his legs one at a time to get into this position. I told him again we don't climb on tables but he was stuck and couldn't move. I gave him just enough time not to figure out how to get down but enough time that he realized he'd made a mistake before I helped him. He's climbs and tests everything.
  • Options
    Cooper isn't climbing yet (he was later to walk than most LOs on here) and I am seriously dreading the day he figures it out! Climbing seems so much more difficult than the transition from crawling to walking.
    Baby Birthday Ticker Ticker
  • Options
    Yea the climbing is definitely more difficult than that transition. This picture is from the last day the couch was by the window. He decided to climb onto the top of the couch and get into the window. Don't trust the screen in the window so another reason the couch was moved.
                           SD(13) DS(10) DS(4) DS(3)
    Lilypie Pregnancy tickers

• Options
    Yes I have a climber and a jumper too. She likes to climb on top of our living room table and then jump off......when she does that she gets a time out in the pack n play and a firm no. She is definitely much more mischievous than DS ever was!!

When we tell her no now too, she looks back at us and says " no no no".....
    She's going to be a lot of fun :)
    Lilypie Fourth Birthday tickersLilypie First Birthday tickers
This discussion has been closed.
Choose Another Board
Search Boards
"
"