High-Risk Pregnancy

GD fasting numbers

What do you have to be under? My doctor wants me under 90, and my last 4 days were all above that. I had 95, 93, 97, then 91. So I called and he gave me a prescription for Humulin N. The problem is, none of the pharmacies carry this and I can't get it until Tuesday. I will most likely be induced by the end of next week. So anyway, I can't start the insulin for another few days and that makes me nervous on how it's affecting my LO. So I wanted to see what other people's numbers need to be. I'm hoping mine aren't really that high to cause issues. Does anyone have any suggestions ok things that might help lower my fasting number?
Baby Birthday Ticker Ticker

Re: GD fasting numbers

• I was told under 90 as well but my doctor said he's not too worried unless the numbers are over 95 consistently.
    Baby Birthday Ticker Ticker Image and video hosting by TinyPic
  • It wouldn't hurt to call the doctor back and tell him that you can't get it until Tuesday and see if there is an alternative.
  • Loading the player...
  • Ayreka said:
    It wouldn't hurt to call the doctor back and tell him that you can't get it until Tuesday and see if there is an alternative.
    I tried that.  They have one insulin pen that they can give me, but a doctor had to be there for me to take it and they wouldn't have a doctor there until Wednesday.  So I really don't have a choice in this.
  • My doctor told me to just be below 95. I just started with this GD business, so I don't have much advice. Do you eat plenty of protein for your night time snack?

imageimageimage

• Ugh. That's a crappy situation. I'm sorry.
  • I'll try to add more protein at night.  Maybe that will help lower my number.  The other thing that sucks is that I will probably get induced by the end of next week, or early the following week.  If I did get the pen from the pharmacy, I would have to buy 5 (they come in a pack) which is $60.  With the small dosage that I'm on, that would last me 5 months.  At least the dr said they have one to give me.  I'd hate to spend that much on something that I may only use for a week.
  • Colada584 said:
    I was told under 90 as well but my doctor said he's not too worried unless the numbers are over 95 consistently.
    exactly this. 

Anniversary
    When you've been married this long, you need a ticker to remind you.

Baby Boy M - 08/01/2013 

Expecting Baby Bean February 2017
  • Mine also said under 90 and mine have all been over. Under 100 is good for me
  • Thanks everyone. I ate a lot more protien for my snack last night, and my fasting number this morning was 83. Hopefully that's not a coincidence and I keep that up and not even start the insulin.
  • Thanks everyone. I ate a lot more protien for my snack last night, and my fasting number this morning was 83. Hopefully that's not a coincidence and I keep that up and not even start the insulin.
    I actually have to eat 2 proteins and 1 carb as my bedtime snack to regulate my fasting number. It's the only thing that works! I eat a capful of unstated peanuts Cheese stick and wheat thins! Hope this works for you too!
    Me; 28 Hubby: 29 - TTC since 5/11 - PCOS Cycle #18-21 Clomid & Trigger & TI = BFN 
    Cycle #22 Gonal-F & Trigger & IUI = BFFP!! EDD 10/4/13 Beta#1 50.5, Beta#2 212, Beta#3 452, First HB 133!!!Logan William born 10/7

I actually have to eat 2 proteins and 1 carb as my bedtime snack to regulate my fasting number. It's the only thing that works!
    I eat a capful of unstated peanuts
    Cheese stick and wheat thins!
    Hope this works for you too!

My dietician had upped my night time carbs to help get rid of ketones, but I think that's messing with my fasting numbers. I'll try your snack tonight!
    I actually have to eat 2 proteins and 1 carb as my bedtime snack to regulate my fasting number. It's the only thing that works! I eat a capful of unstated peanuts Cheese stick and wheat thins! Hope this works for you too!
    My dietician had upped my night time carbs to help get rid of ketones, but I think that's messing with my fasting numbers. I'll try your snack tonight!

Good luck! I know how frustrating that can be!
    Me; 28 Hubby: 29 - TTC since 5/11 - PCOS Cycle #18-21 Clomid & Trigger & TI = BFN 
    Cycle #22 Gonal-F & Trigger & IUI = BFFP!! EDD 10/4/13 Beta#1 50.5, Beta#2 212, Beta#3 452, First HB 133!!!Logan William born 10/7
  • My night time snack also had to be high protein. I would eat BBQ pork, string cheese and whole wheat crackers or toast (15 g carbs).

Anniversary
    When you've been married this long, you need a ticker to remind you.

Baby Boy M - 08/01/2013 

Expecting Baby Bean February 2017
  • Well I've now had two days in a row of good fasting numbers after adding protien to my snack. I wish my dietician would have recommended that before they went straight to the insulin. Oh well, I just won't start the insulin next week. Thanks for the suggestions!
  • This morning I got 86, lowest fasting yet! I made sure to have some protein as the last thing I ate last night which included some taco meat (ground chicken). Thanks for the tip! Very glad I found this group
  • Ooh thanks! Going to get some yogurts
  • Luckily, so far, I have not had to eat a snack before bed. We've been eating later dinners and my morning fasting number is 81 or 82. I hope it stays that way! Yay for this group. I like knowing I'm not doing this by myself.

imageimageimage

• Ooh thanks! Going to get some yogurts

Be careful. Yogurt is really high in carbs, even greek yogurt, and, in fact, my dietician considers it a carb, not a protein.

• notreal2 said:
    Ooh thanks! Going to get some yogurts

Be careful. Yogurt is really high in carbs, even greek yogurt, and, in fact, my dietician considers it a carb, not a protein.
    Mine also considers it a carb. 
  • Well I've now had two days in a row of good fasting numbers after adding protien to my snack. I wish my dietician would have recommended that before they went straight to the insulin. Oh well, I just won't start the insulin next week. Thanks for the suggestions!
    Score! So glad that worked!!! My OB nurse suggested it. At that point I was ready to try anything other than insulin! I never looked back! SO glad it worked!!!
  • Yup. I have to eat a Greek yogurt at night. I was out night before last so I had an eggo waffle with pb and I was 106 yesterday morning!!! It's been months since I've been that high. Went to the store and stocked up on my Fage Greek yogurt and this morning I was 82.

Do you eat plain yogurt or the one with fruit in it?
    AlternaTickers - Cool, free Web tickers photo 11E5F5F6-4D0F-49E1-B9B6-320CF42213BE_zpspw0gd9zw.jpg photo 4dcf6524-f3e2-4099-82e2-545cd6740157_zpsb9a1d5a3.jpg
  • I wouldn't get the kind that already has fruit in it. There is a lot of sugar in those. You could get plain and add your own fresh fruit.

imageimageimage

• notreal2 said:

Ooh thanks! Going to get some yogurts

I bought some but have been too nauseous to eat it. I'll have to test it out and see how my body reacts. So far a little chicken (even with potatoes) seems to do the trick
  • If I test at 8 hrs after sleeping its in the 80's if I test 10 hrs after sleeping its in the 90's no matter what I eat so I think it's timing... The longer u wait the higher it gets.
  • I eat unsalted peanuts for my bedtime and sometimes middle of the night snack and it works well. My doctor also wants my number under 90 and the occasional spike above is ok but if its consistently higher then meds or insulin. Also, they may be concerned because you are about to be induced, they said it was important that your sugar be under control when you deliver. Good luck and hope all goes well!!
This discussion has been closed.
Choose Another Board
Search Boards
"
"