Pregnant after 35
Options

HCG doubling time of 29 hours

Hi.
I just got the results of my second blood draw, and the doubling time was quite fast (29 hours). Just wondering if anyone has any thoughts as to what that could mean (if anything)?

14 dpiui - 186
16 dpiui - 584

Thanks!

Re: HCG doubling time of 29 hours

• Options
    Think that 29 hour doubling is within normal range.  Could be multiples (but not as likely if over 35), won't know until first u/s though.
    TTC since 10/09 Me-43 DH-44 RE and testing 10/10-11/10, Recommending IVF 1/11 New RE AMA and DOR-DH low motility IVF #1.1 cancelled 3/11 due to poor response IVF #1.2 May 2011, one perfect 8-cell embryo, 3dt-BFN, IVF #2.1 Converted to IUI d/t poor response. New RE 9/2011. IVF 2.2 completed using HGH,EPP,DHEA, Q-10 and accupuncture. Transferred one 8-cell, grade one embryo on 10/19. BFP 10/31/11 Chemical pregancy on 11/2/11. Started stims for IVF #3, our final try, on 12-2-11. ET on 12/18. Transferred 3 Grade A embryos-BFFN Planning DE IVF, late March/early April- Donors ER expected to be 4/2-4/4. PAIF/SAIF welcome
  • Options
    Thanks for replying. Googling for beta # insights is like stepping into a vortex :-) The thought of multiples has definitely crossed my mind, but I know the chances aren't very high. I had 3 mature eggs when we did the iui, but I'm 41 and so getting even one healthy embryo would be lucky. Guess I just have to wait and see...
  • Loading the player...
  • Options
    Beta numbers can vary so greatly, it can be confusing. I know there are possibilities for why they can double quickly but it doesn't necessarily mean anything, you may just be getting off to a strong start. Try not to over think it, difficult I know, but just stay positive! So far your numbers don't look alarmingly high to me, when I had my first two betas mine more than doubled as well and I am only carrying one. The only thing I would say is that you may try to prepare yourself for worse morning sickness if your hormone levels stay high. Mine was awful. I hope you get to skip that part! Good luck!!
    Me:41, DH:41 Positive for MTHFR mutations- one copy C677T, one copy A1298C. One daughter born on Thanksgiving in 2013. Six losses.
  • Options
    It usually just indicates baby may have implanted early because doubling tends to speed up once they are settled in there. My LO implanted at 5dpo based on my charts and my betas were always higher than the average for triplets, but there was only one in there. You just never know until you get to the ultrasound. Good luck!

Baby Birthday Ticker Ticker

• Options
    Those are about the same as my numbers and I'm 16 weeks with one. My friend is expecting twins and her numbers were considerably higher than mine but you never know ;)

My Blog (that is not really about eating in the shower)
  • Options
    I never had my levels checked with my twins, so I can't personally compare. However, my colleagues on the Multiples board get asked a bazillion-ty times if numbers have anything to do with multiples. From their replies, it seems about a 50/50 split from their experiences that it had anything to do with multiples. You just never know ;)
    Congrats on what sounds like a healthy pregnancy!!

Lilypie Kids Birthday tickers  image

Lilypie - (9CKY)Lilypie - (xzY1)

• Options
    There is really no way of knowing, like others have said. My numbers were high and we were thinking twins and I only had one healthy baby boy. Congratulations!
    BabyFetus Ticker
  • Options
    I really appreciate everyone's thoughts... It means a lot to have you take the time to chime in. Had another blood test today at 18dpiui and hcg was 1421, so still on a good track. It'll be radio silence from now until my first ultrasound in 2 weeks. There's part of me hoping for twins, even though I know it would be tough in a million ways. But more than anything, I'm just hoping for a healthy baby. Hope you are all having a happy, relaxing Labor Day.
This discussion has been closed.
Choose Another Board
Search Boards
"
"