Babies: 3 - 6 Months

LO and runny/stuffy nose

LO woke up this morning all stuffed up and with a runny nose. I've been sucking out her nose but she still sounds all stuffy. Shes been eatig and napping ok and isnt fussy. Any other recommendations to help her?
IAmPregnant Ticker

Re: LO and runny/stuffy nose

• My LO is going through this right now.  I use baby vicks on her feet with socks over them and saline drops in her nose and use the nose frida to suction them out.  I don't believe the nose frida is as irritating as the bulb syringe, and LO "likes" the nose frida better than the bulb.

Also, elevate her sleeping area by an inch or so using either a rolled up blanket under her mattress, or books under two legs of LO's crib. That also can help ease congestion.

Good luck.  This is the second time LO's been congested.  The first time she was only 2 weeks old.

Baby Birthday Ticker Ticker

• Just had my 6 month old LO wake up for the second time tonight, crying due to congestion (she sucks her thumb to self soothe and can't when her nose hurts). Sadly I think it's a cold since grandma came to visit and was sick so I'm in this for at least another week...
    BabyFetus Ticker Little Riley-our first little girl coming March 1st, 2013 (or sometime around there;)
  • Loading the player...
  • If it's not interfering with eating or sleeping, I wouldn't do anything. If you suck out her nose too much, it will irritate her nose and cause more congestion.
This discussion has been closed.
Choose Another Board
Search Boards
"
"