Illinois Babies
Options

Baby Shower at the Drake?

Hi there,

I'm working on throwing a baby shower downtown Chicago for a girlfriend. Has anybody had theirs or been to one that was hosted during tea time at the Drake? I've seen two options - one for a group table in the Palm Court and another for a small private room. Thoughts/pictures you can share?

Greatly appreciated! :)

Re: Baby Shower at the Drake?

• Options
    I had my wedding shower there and attended a baby shower, both during tea time. For my wedding shower, we were in a corner of the Palm Court, so we were able to take advantage of the ambiance (music, ladies chatting, etc.) that you go the Drake for. When I attended the baby shower, it was in a private room, and while nice, we were so isolated it felt like we could have been in any posh hotel, IMO. I would go with the Palm Court
    Baby Birthday Ticker Ticker
  • Options
    So helpful - thanks so much!
  • Loading the player...
  • Options
    A friend of mine hosted a small surprise tea time shower for me in the Palm Room and it was simply lovely. I think if it was a large shower (ie: 20+) you would probably prefer a private room,
  • Options
    The Palm Court is lovely - would be a fantastic place for a baby shower!  If you can get set up in the corner it's fairly private.
    Photoset 15 of 15

AlternaTickers - Cool, free Web tickers
This discussion has been closed.
Choose Another Board
Search Boards
"
"