Babies: 0 - 3 Months
Options

Recommend sling/ carrier

What sling/ carrier do you recommend for a newborn?  I had a c-section so am looking for something that won't put weight/ pressure on my stomach.  I'm thinking one that's more like a sling will be best, but I want it to be really secure.  Some of them look like the baby could roll out of them.  Also, my baby is under 6 pounds so it needs to work for a really small baby.  I mostly want it so I can wear her around the house.  Thanks! 
BabyFruit Ticker Lilypie Maternity tickers

Re: Recommend sling/ carrier

• Options
    NebFNebF member
    I would recommend a ring sling. Avoid pouch slings if you can.
  • Options
    I have the moby. I love it however I didn't have a c section so I'm not too sure about where it sits in conjunction with your incision.
        DS born 8-16-2013
    Image and video hosting by TinyPic
  • Loading the player...
  • Options
    You could wrap the moby so it doesn't put pressure on the scar . I love my moby . I'm sure there other slings that would work great but I personally don't like slings .
  • Options
    I have a Mia ring sling and a boba. Ds is 5 weeks old and I'm using the boba
    Baby Birthday Ticker Ticker
  • Options
    A ring sling is pretty secure if used correctly. A mei tai could be tied above your incision with such a small baby - the Infantino Wrap and Tie is inexpensive and works for a long time.

Personally, I  hate all the fabric of a moby.
  • Options
    We have a Moby as well & love it. I haven't had a c-section, but think you can change how you wrap it up.
    imageimage
  • Options
    I have the Ktan and love it!!  I feel that my baby is very secure in it and it is comfortable for me as well!  I think the baby has to be 8 lbs before using though.  On me it rests above my belly button, so it may work with your C-section?
  • Options
    I would recommend a ring sling. It will stay well above your scar and can safely hold such a small baby. A Mai Tei would also work for your scar, but I don't think it would work as well with your baby being so small.

Is there a baby wearing group in your city? I would recommend going to a meeting and trying on different carriers. That way, you can get help from experienced mommas and find a carrier that works best for you. :)
    ------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------

• Options
    I also recommend the ring sling. The ergo is great, but really shouldn't be used for a NB under 7lbs, even with the insert. The ring sling will keep your LO nice and high on your chest; it's what I used for DD, and she was only about 5'4 when we started using it.
    Baby Birthday Ticker Ticker
  • Options
    I had a c/s 2 weeks ago and was able to use the Moby only a week after surgery. It caused no issues with my incision, the only issue is that it is VERY warm.

I do recommend using an abdominal binder to help with your c/s recovery. It made all the difference in the world for me and my recovery was 100x easier this time around even though I had a very rough 12 hours of labor before this c/s (first was scheduled due to breech position, this one was an emergency section after a failed VBAC when my LO's heart rate became dangerously low while pushing).
    DS1: 8/3/10, DD1: 8/17/13, DD2: 8/13/15
    Twins lost to due to partial molar pregnancy: September 2011 
    ~~PAL, PgAL Always Welcome~~
  • Options
    Baby K'tan.  If you get the right size the baby is held up closer to your chest when you are using the NB hold.  There isn't a ton of fabric to mess around with, which wasn't a huge deal to me but I found that the Baby K'Tan was a lot cooler for my summer baby.

I have an Ergo, a Boba, and a mei tai in addition and the one that holds the highest is the K'Tan. 

B born 7/15/13, C born 3/2/15, #3 on the way May '17

I’m a modern man, a man for the millennium. Digital and smoke free. A diversified multi-cultural, post-modern deconstruction that is anatomically and ecologically incorrect. I’ve been up linked and downloaded, I’ve been inputted and outsourced, I know the upside of downsizing, I know the downside of upgrading. I’m a high-tech low-life. A cutting edge, state-of-the-art bi-coastal multi-tasker and I can give you a gigabyte in a nanosecond! I’m new wave, but I’m old school and my inner child is outward bound. I’m a hot-wired, heat seeking, warm-hearted cool customer, voice activated and bio-degradable. I interface with my database, my database is in cyberspace, so I’m interactive, I’m hyperactive and from time to time I’m radioactive.

This discussion has been closed.
Choose Another Board
Search Boards
"
"