Military Families

USAA Car Loans?

We've used USAA twice for car loans. They were both new cars. Both cars are paid off...hallelujah. Unfortunately, when we found out we were having twins we realized we needed to trade one car in for a larger one.

We aren't 100% sure on what we're going to get yet and especially not sure if we're going to go new or used (really depends on the car). How do I get pre approved for a loan if I don't know whether the car will be new or used? Do I have to get pre-approved for both interest rates?

Re: USAA Car Loans?

• Hmmm....I would recommend you call them and see what's easiest. Probably best to get pre-approval for two loans, but they can answer better than I can.   Also, it's possible that whatever dealership you use will be able to beat or match USAA's interest rates.  Rates are insanely low right now, so I would definitely recommend you check around:-)
    imageDSC_9275  image

Baby Birthday Ticker Ticker
  • I agree with PP, I'd check with USAA on what they recommend is best. But, I'd also check around for the best rate. We've always used USAA for our auto loans, but with our new vehicle, the bank the dealership financed with beat USAA.

• Loading the player...
  • I just used USAA's car buying service to get a price on a new car we wanted. Didn't end up even asking about financing though, since like PPs said, dealer rates are incredibly low right now. We financed through the dealer directly. You could try just shopping around, see what the dealers are offering and narrow down your options in the meantime. 
    Image and video hosting by TinyPic
This discussion has been closed.
Choose Another Board
Search Boards
"
"