Food Allergy

Not all nuts?

DS has a dairy allergy so WCM is out of the question. I've given him almond milk and he has never had a problem. A few months ago, he had a reaction to peanut butter, so I have avoided peanuts. Since he didn't have a reaction to almonds, I thought it was maybe just peanuts. Tonight he had a bad reaction to cashews. The hospital gave me a list of related allergens if there is a peanut allergy. He's had other items on the list without a problem.

So, what I'm wondering is if anyone else has experienced a selective nut allergy? I'm going to request to see an allergist soon in hopes that I can get a more definite list. But it's all over kind of weird.
Gabriel 09-11-2012 No dairy, egg, peanuts, tree nuts
DSC_0803
DH deployed since July 22

Re: Not all nuts?

• It's possible he could be allergic to certain types of tree nuts. When DS was tested he was tested for different types of nuts like walnuts, almonds, and peanuts. There may have been others.
    Baby Q born on 7/20/2017
    Baby Birthday Ticker TickerBaby Birthday Ticker Ticker
  • My DD is allergic to peanuts/tree nuts, but her tree nut allergies range from mild (pecans and walnuts) to severe (cashews and pistachios). The others fall somewhere in between. To keep things simple and because of cross-contamination, we avoid all tree nuts.
  • Loading the player...
  • My daughter has a peanut allergy and had an almond allergy. She outgrew her almond allergy. She didn't test positive for any other tree nuts
    My daughter is my hero.
  • Okay. Thanks! It's comforting to know that there are others who aren't allergic to all if there's a reaction to one.
    Gabriel 09-11-2012 No dairy, egg, peanuts, tree nuts
    DSC_0803
    DH deployed since July 22
  • I'm allergic to just walnuts. I eat the canned mixed nuts all the time with no problems.
    imageimage
  • My dd tested positive for peanuts, cashews, almonds but negative to pecans and walnuts.  My allergist did recommend avoiding all nuts for now because of cross contamination and the fact that it's hard to teach a toddler or young child they can eat one nut but not the other (or other family members for that matter!) 
    Warning No formatter is installed for the format bbhtml
This discussion has been closed.
Choose Another Board
Search Boards
"
"