Miscarriage/Pregnancy Loss
Options

How long?

I have been in the process of miscarrying since Friday. I've passed a few blood clots, but I don't think there has been any tissue. I feel like my body is trying. Last night I started having very strong cramps/contractions every three minutes for a few hours, but I passed nothing but blood. Same thing the night before. I'm really not sure what to expect or how long it is safe to let this go on. It is my wish to give my body the chance to miscarry naturally. Any advice? Does this sound normal?

Re: How long?

• Options
    I am so sorry for your loss, I had a D&E so I dont have advice on miscarring naturally. I would also check in with your Dr or nurse to see what they recommend, maybe they can give you something for the pain. You know your body and how much you can handle, I hope this process will be quick for you. Hugs
    BFP #1 7/25/13. MMC 8/26/13 8 weeks 5days Lilypie Angel and Memorial tickers Image and video hosting by TinyPic BFP #2 11/5/13 chemical pregnancy 11/9/13 BFP #3 12/28/13 "Our HOPE baby"
  • Options
    I had a natural MC on 8/19 and at first I only wore a panty liner, even after some strong cramps and passing the gestational sac and placenta at home. The heavy bleeding didn't start until 2 days later and lasted for a week my doctor told me to be on the lookout for fever, chills and foul smelling discharge and that would mean infection but I wasn't worried about that since I had an ultrasound later on the 19th and I had passed everything at home. I'm so sorry for your loss
  • Loading the player...
  • Options
    I will give it until Tuesday and then give my doctor a call. I'm taking it I will know for certain when I pass the sac and placenta? Thanks for your replies. I feel very relieved to have the bump right now. Having support from peers is priceless.
  • Options
    tarynkim said:

I will give it until Tuesday and then give my doctor a call. I'm taking it I will know for certain when I pass the sac and placenta? Thanks for your replies. I feel very relieved to have the bump right now. Having support from peers is priceless.

I didn't know for sure at the moment I passes the sac and/or placenta. But after googling and talking to the nurse, I knew when I had. I had only been bleeding and passing clots but then passed some sizeable pieces (1"x3") that were just different and that must have been it. I bled for about a week and a half. I was 7 weeks when I miscarried. After the first day where the cramping was so bad I couldn't hardly stand up, the pain wasn't THAT bad and the MC wasn't as bad as I expected. The whole time I was wondering "is this it?" "Is it going to get worse?" I never soaked a pad, I mainly bled when using the restroom and when I wiped. Anyway, only you can decide how long you want to go on for, just wanted to give you my experience as some reference because I know I had NO idea what to expect and honestly my doctor wasn't very helpful.
This discussion has been closed.
Choose Another Board
Search Boards
"
"