May 2014 Moms
Options

Issues with working out already?...

Hi all, I am very active and am 5-6 weeks pregnant and noticing I am having a hard time catching my breath after 30+ minutes of cardio. I ride two horses in the mornings, and am fine doing that, but the last few days, I have been feeling like I can't catch my breath after 30 min on the elliptical. Is this normal so early on? Anyone else have these issues?

Re: Issues with working out already?...

• Options
    I'm pretty sure it is normal.

BabyFruit Ticker
  • Options
    I got very lightheaded during my workout the other day. I am embarrassed to admit that I didn't workout at all during my first pregnancy so I can't compare it to anything, but I'm assuming it's normal to fatigue easier when KTFU. I plan to continue working out with modifications. I think the most important thing is to listen to your body and if something doesn't feel right, stop!
    Pregnancy Ticker

• Loading the player...
  • Options
    Totally! I could usually do a 30 mile bike ride but felt wiped out by 10 this last weekend, at 4 weeks!
  • Options
    Thanks for the feedback. I really want to keep working out, but will try to take it easier...
  • Options
    I'm reducing biking, increasing walking, listening to what the little bean tells me to do as much as possible. :)
  • Options
    I'm about to play in a flag football game next week. Ill be 6 weeks. I told a teammate so she can sub for me and/or play majority of the game for me. I'm already nervous I will be panting the entire game.
  • Options
    I'm there with you! Walking everyday.. no running or hot yoga. I will start with non heated yoga again next week and see how we feel!
  • Options
    I have been too busy dying this past week, i only worked out once :( but It didn't seem any different for me. We'll see how it is come Monday...
        image image Image and video hosting by TinyPic   BabyFruit Ticker

• Options
    I did yoga yesterday and it was awful. Heartburn every time I did downward dog and had to go into child's pose halfway through the part where we were on our stomachs, it was just too uncomfortable. But I don't remember that being the case this early on with my other two.
    Baby Birthday Ticker Ticker Baby Birthday Ticker TickerPregnancy Ticker
  • Options
    I've just been walking.
    BFP#1 10/5/09 | Heartbeat 11/1/09 | D&C 11/24/09 (no hb)
    BFP#2 02/18/11 * Beta@15dpo=215 * @18dpo=698 * @20dpo=2337 * @25dpo=10,931 * DS Arrived October 24, 2011
    BFP#3 08/12 | D&C 9/12 (no hb)
    BFP#4 Due May 1, 2014 Stick baby stick!
  • Options
    I already feel so exhausted.  I can't remember if it came on this early last time.  I tried to go for a run the other day and felt so out of breath, I ended up only running for about 10 minutes, then walking the rest.  I also did a Power Flow yoga class earlier in the week and it was WAY tougher for me than pre-preg.  

I used to do hot yoga, and I miss it already.  Apparently my student is running a "heated prenatal" class starting in October.  I dont know how I feel about the heat and being pregnant though.  
    Baby Birthday Ticker Ticker
    Baby Birthday Ticker Ticker

• Options
    I usually run 3-5 miles about 4 times a week. I havent stopped and actually ran 6 today but at a slower pace than normal. I definitely notice that I am more winded than normal, so we'll see how long I can keep this up. I also plan to ask my dr tomorrow to make sure its ok that Im still running.
This discussion has been closed.
Choose Another Board
Search Boards
"
"