Breastfeeding

Medela bags

This is just a vent about Medela bags.

When freezing milk, I find them more difficult to use than Lansinoh. They don't lay flat, and they are more difficult to get the air out of when sealing.

Now that I'm using my freezer stash, OMG THEY SUCK! Because they don't freeze flat, they take longer to thaw out; sucks in the morning when I need to make bottles for daycare before work. And pouring the milk? Ugh! That stupid hole at the top, where you can hang the bags and pump directly into them, SUCKS! You can't pour milk from the middle of the bag because of it. And trying to pour out the corner makes a mess too! I've taken to putting the bottles in a bowl so I can salvage what spills. I guess I need to start taking scissors to them instead of just opening them by the zip-loc.

I'm glad I only used the Medela bags I got free with my breastpump! Most of my freezer milk is in Lansinoh, which I'm very happy with their bags!
Anniversary

Baby Birthday Ticker

Lilypie Angel and Memorial tickers

Baby Birthday Ticker

Image and video hosting by TinyPic

Re: Medela bags

• I use the flange as a funnel when pouring out of the medela bags and into the bottle. That usually works. I unfortunately registered for the medela bags and received so many that I just decided to use them all up before buying better bags :(

BabyFruit Ticker
  •  I had better luck if I fold the bag right in the middle of the opening to create a crease before pouring out of them. But yes, it's quite an art. I use the Ameda bags now because my insurance covers them for free, and they're a similar size and shape, but they have a pour spout which is way easier.

Baby Birthday Ticker Ticker
    #3 Due April 2016
  • Loading the player...
  • How do they even fold? I see the little picture, but cannot figure it out! I don't have a Medela pump and usually use Lansinoh bags, but I was given some Medela bags and only use them for standing in the fridge for a short time since I don't know how to close them.

• Funny! We hate the Lansinoh ones - they leak like crazy while defrosting for us. I guess to each their own :)
    Natural m/c Oct. 2005

Dx: balanced translocation and LPD

TTC since Oct 2011

BPF 02/19/12, EDD 10/31/12, natural m/c 02/28/12 (4w6d)

IVF (BCPs starting 10/30/12, ER 11/18/12, 5dt of 1 beautiful, healthy embryo 11/23/12)
    BFP 12/02/12, u/s @ 6w,5d showed 2 HBs! Identical twins!!
    Bed rest from 21w-35w due to short cervix, hospital bed rest from 23w-32w due to PTL
    Our rainbows were born 07/19/13 (36w, 5d)

This discussion has been closed.
Choose Another Board
Search Boards
"
"