April 2013 Moms

Okay.. what is with the baby leg folds?

All of the pictures I have seen of our LO I can safely say they all have at least one fold on their thighs that are the same, right above the knee. Upon using Google to try and figure it out, it just led me the direction of "If your baby has more folds on one side then there may be a problem".. so why is there at least one fold in the same area for all babies? Might sound dumb to ask, but I am legit curious.

Baby Birthday Ticker Ticker

Re: Okay.. what is with the baby leg folds?

• I think it can be a sign of a hip issue if they're uneven.

"I wanted you more than you'll ever know, so I sent love to follow wherever you go."

Lilypie Kids Birthday tickersLilypie Second Birthday tickers

image Follow Me on Pinterest

Ginny DX 21-Hydroxylase Deficiency Congenital Adrenal Hyperplasia

Charlie DX Specific Antibody Deficiency & ASD

• Loading the player...
  • JSS1002 said:
    Oh Jesus. Back away from the google. Chubby thighs = healthy growing baby in wait of a length-spurt!
    I know that! I am just wondering why all babies have at least one fold in the same general area.. like a few inches above the knee. It is kinda funny and cute; some are bigger folds and some are smaller, but there is always that one fold lol.

• Where I circled is where I see a fold in almost every single baby I have seen, that is what I mean. I think it is funny they all have a fold right there.

• chgibeau said:
    No idea but i've wondered the same thing but about the forearm. Must be something about the way the muscle and fat connect.
    I think it has something to do with this too. Especially since those leg rolls disappear around the same time as LO starts walking. (In my experience, at least :) )

• chgibeau said:
    No idea but i've wondered the same thing but about the forearm. Must be something about the way the muscle and fat connect.
    That does make sense, it is funny!

• DD has three folds per leg. One of which stays in her diaper. She's got some chunky thighs! As of her 4mo appt, it is nothing to be worried about. Just an overload of cuteness in my opinion.
This discussion has been closed.
Choose Another Board
Search Boards
"
"