TTC after 35

1st postBCP cycle is whacked!

1st postBCP cycle is whacked! Just a vent here, I guess.

So as I mentioned previously, this is my first cycle off BCP and it is all over the place. I'm on day 34 today. I had a couple days of EWCM, but had a negative LH test. Also had negative LH and pg tests on day 31. Morning temp has varied, I temp when I wake up but that time varies as I get up at 4am for work but sleep much later on the weekend. No signs, symptoms, or any indications AF is on her way. I didn't start charting quite on day 1 and have added temping midcycle so I'm anxious to get past AF so I can start the next cycle being more thorough.

photo May2014jpg photo MomTatWhiteNew40jpg

It’s not that I don’t like you, it’s that I don’t know you. Stranger Danger.

Re: 1st postBCP cycle is whacked!

• Best of luck with your next cycle.  It takes a bit of time and understanding to get the hang of the TTC stuff. 

Consistency will be what you should aim for with tempting.  I know it sound harsh, but set your alarm for 4am on the weekends, too.  You can go back to sleep, right?  If not, well....that might be a problem.  Maybe, ask your OB/GYN or RE what they think....just to give you some helpful hints. 

Are you using Fertility Friend?  If not, they are a good resource to use. 

Hope it all works out and that your body gets back on cycle!  ;)

Lilypie Trying to Conceive 15 to 80 day cycle tickers
  • I was going to say exactly what Jac said, you need to be consistant in time to get a good result. I set my alarm for 6, pop the thermometer in my mouth it beeps I fall back asleep for an hour or several ;) mine has a short memory so I can look at it later.

Go for consistancy and good luck!!!

My Ovulation Chart

Me: 41 DH: 46. We are TTC our 1st, started July '11,
    3 cycles clomid with Ob,
    1 cycle Tamoxifen with Ob,
    Diagnosed PCOS 11/5/12
    clomid, trigger & timed bd 12/12 BFN
    1st clomid IUI 1/4/13 BFN.
    2nd clomid IUI 2/13 cancelled didn't respond to clomid.
    3/15/13 scheduled laparoscopy & on bcp.

May 10 IUI from injectibles - BFN 

May 22 done with interventions it will either happen or it won't. 

February 2014 No longer actively trying, but not preventing. 

SURPISE BFP 4/2/2015!!!!!!!!!!

Miscarriage 4/23/15

• Loading the player...
  • Also remember that  since you are just getting off the BCP your cycle will most likely be off. Your body has to get use to not having the hormones going though it as it did with the BCP.

Good Luck!

Anniversary
  • I took my temp this morning and left the thermometer on so I can see what it says later in the day; it turned off after several minutes but this morning's temp showed up after I turned it on 14 hours later, so I will start setting my alarm for non-work days and do a quick test. Nice that I can look at it later, otherwise I honestly would probably not want to do it if I had to open my eyes at 4am!

I'm trying to be patient, I'm using an OPK about every other day and they're always stark negative, not even a hit of a faint test line. Since I have no idea what's going on in there, I don't want to use up a bunch of strips. I'm going to keep temping daily to keep in the habit of it, and hope AF comes and resets everything so I can start with a brand new cycle right at CD1.

Thanks again, laides! 

• HA!!! Guess who's starting to make her appearance? AF!!!  Dark brown spotting, closely followed by brownish-red spotting. I have NEVER been so happy to see her!

• More light spotting, just not full-on AF yet.

• Thank you for the updates. I hope this all gets settled for you soon.
    Anniversary
  • Thank you, Geekywife! AF has been full on today, finally!

• Sorry it was AF, but I am glad you know what is going on. Fingers crossed for next cycle for you.
    Anniversary
  • How long after getting of BC did you have AF? I got off BC in January and this is my "first" cycle I guess.
    Me: +35 DH: +35
    TTC: Since January 2013 
    DX: PCOS. Severe Endometriosis, Unicornuate Uterus w/only left tube and left ovary, Pedunculated fibroid (on the outside of uterus) and Anovulation. All conditions diagnosed 8/13
    TX: Metformin
    DH DX: MFI - low morphology, low motility
    Ultrasound shows both kidneys in spite of UU. 
    HSG showed clear tube on the left side. 
    Lap Surgery performed 1/9/14 to remove fibroid and endo (Stage 3)
    • IUI# 1 June 2014 started 100 mg of Clomid - 7dpiui Progesterone: 13: BFN
    • IUI#2  July 2014 started 100 mg of Clomid - 7dpiui Progesterone: 5.75: BFN
    • Natural Cycle - so shocked to be in 2WW - 7dpo Progesterone: 15.5: BFN
    • Working with new RE starting injectables in late August.
    • IUI #3 August 2014  w/ Menopur: BFN
    • Finally ovulating on my own!!
    Waiting to start IVF hopefully
    **********All Are Welcome**************
    3T January Siggy Challenge: New Year's Resolution

• RedInLove said:
    Thank you, Geekywife! AF has been full on today, finally!

I'm confused by your ticker, it says HPT+ on CD36?

imageimage

Married August 2012. Me: 41  DH: 42 
    Daughter from previous marriage: 20

BFP 12/19/12: Ectopic discovered at 8 weeks, right tube removed 01/18/13
    June 2013 Testing Results: Progesterone: 31.7, LH: 5, FSH: 5, Estradiol: 161
    Clomid cycles Nov. 2013 and Jan, Feb, and March 2014

TTC journey over as of the end of October 2014

TTCAL BLOG

All ALers welcome!

This discussion has been closed.
Choose Another Board
Search Boards
"
"