August 2012 Moms

What do you think? NBR

edited August 2013 in August 2012 Moms
I went for a walk this morning with Kate, as usual. I left the front door unlocked because I didn't feel like taking my keys and my husband worked last night so he was sleeping in our bedroom in the back of the house. When I came home, I noticed a package sitting on our dining room table. The dining room is right behind the foyer where you walk in the front door-it's all open. It was a delivery via our mail woman. I thought it odd that it wasn't just left outside, so I asked my husband if he retrieved it. He said no. This means that our mail woman just opened our door and walked inside to put it on the table. This is not the first time she has done this. Once I heard the screen door open-It was cool so I had the front door & windows open-and she set a package on our foyer tile. This creeps me out. I also had financial documents sitting out in plain view on the table. We are moving, and the house we will be be buying has a different mail person. Should I call her supervisor or just let it go and always lock my door? I know I should do that anyway, but this seems like a huge job violation. Also, we have a dog and I would die if he would have gotten out when she went in. I don't want to cause her to lose her job, and since we are moving anyway I'm inclined to let it go. What do you think?

Re: What do you think? NBR

• I don't think I could let that go. It just isn't safe. If you said something I don't know if it would cause her to get fired, maybe just a talking to?
  • I'd definitely have a talk with someone about it. That is just not something you do.
  • Loading the player...
  • Can you write her a letter?
    Baby Birthday Ticker Ticker
  • Can you write her a letter?
    Good idea-I may go that route.
  • It is not cool that someone walked into your house unannounced.  She is a stranger.  I would let the post office know.  Also, I lock my door when I leave even if DH is home.  Always.  There are too many weird fucks out there.
    imagethe-dude-with-a-white-russian
  • I would definitely call her supervisor. That's nuts! I wouldn't address it with her directly because I can't imagine someone with so little sense of boundaries truly understanding why I was upset, especially if I tried to be diplomatic when talking to her.
  • I would call. When I was reading this is just rubbed me the wrong way. We always have all doors locked and our alarm is always armed even when home during the day. I am pretty sure that entering someone's home without permission would be breaking ethics of her job. She is a stranger even though you've seen her many times.

Image and video hosting by TinyPic

• I live in a small town where we only have (I think) like 8 mail workers... So we kind of know them all.. That being said, I would NOT be ok with them just taking it upon themselves to come into my house to drop off a package...

I got a door to door sales man arrested for trying to open my front door when I didn't answer it after he knocked twice. He started looking into my windows... and tried to open my door by testing the door knob... The second he did that, I called 911 and he was arrested at my neighbors house FOR DOING THE SAME THING.

That's just NOT ok.

Born 8.24.12 at 8:44pm (4 days early) 8lbs 3oz!
This discussion has been closed.
Choose Another Board
Search Boards
"
"