December 2011 Moms
Options

SAHMs and Moms of 2+

The user and all related content has been deleted.

Re: SAHMs and Moms of 2+

• Options
    -T--T- member
    I SAH, but only have DS. We go to the post office to get the mail every day. We usually go for a walk and swing at the park if it's not too hot. So yes, we get out of the house every day. As far as activities, our town doesn't offer much, but I'm hoping to get more involved now that DS can be around people. That way our week gets broken up a little bit and we have something to look forward to. We usually have in-home therapy once a week, and go OOT for private therapy every other week. We usually go to Target then too, just to make the drive more worthwhile. I don't have suggestions for alone time with 2. My hope was to have our second when DS is in preschool (which will start jan 2015) so I can have mom and baby time, and maybe mom nap time :)
  • Options
    I love staying home but it is not always easy :) I just have one and I imagine 2 will be pretty crazy but all worth it too! Right now we do breakfast, gym (they have free childcare) come home for a snack, go to the park/walk, come home and have lunch then nap (ME TIME!!) then play, dinner, park/walk/play again then bedtime routine. We did swim classes in the winter and will probably do it again, pools/lakes have been fun and we have a baby pool and sandbox in the backyard that he loves. I think my gym time is some of my favorite time if you can do that, I feel so much better afterwards and gets DS around some other kids so he can socialize. 
    Image and video hosting by TinyPic

• Loading the player...
  • Options
    I forgot to add I just joined a Mom's group in my town and went to one playdate at the park and it was really fun meeting other moms. They also did a mom's night out at a local restaurant so that was great to get away without the kiddos. You can check Meetup.com to see if they have anything fun in your area if you haven't already :) good luck!!
    Image and video hosting by TinyPic

• Options
    My two boys are old enough to play together now, so that really helps me out. We don't have a set schedule, but we do vary activities to keep things interesting. Usually from breakfast til nap time, the boys play in the play room upstairs and catch up on chores, etc. confession: I usually take a nap with them, since I have got their nap schedules synchronized. I stay tired and usually have a headache due to medical issues, so my me-time is nap time ;) after they wake up, we do games, go outside, visit my family at the farm, etc. we live in a very small town where there's not much to do, so we have to make our own fun. No malls, shops, mommy and me classes, etc. So it's usually for errands or my oldest son's soccer practice if we get out. Most of the time, we spend the day at home, though. Still, it's nice to not put makeup on or get out of your pjs for a few days straight ;)
    Warning No formatter is installed for the format bbhtml
  • Options
    Get them on the same nap schedule!!! I usually get 2hrs to myself everyday during naptime. I nap, watch TV, or bump. I do chores for 30-60min after the kids go to bed.

We do not leave the house everyday. I do belong to a moms group but I only go to maybe 2-3 meet ups per month. We have kindermusik once a week.

TTC#1 for 19 months with PCOS and MFI IUI#3 + injectables = BFP!!!!  Beta#1-134(13dpiui) Beta #2-392(15dpiui) 
    #1 born December 2011
    TTC#2 - Beta #1 -51@10dpo Beta#2 -1353 @16dpo
    #2 born May 2013
    TTC # 3 June 2014 BFP 12-1-14
    #3 born August 2015 
    #4!!!!!!! due June 2017 
  • Options
  • Options
    At 4 or 5wks. DS takes his morning and noon nap in the swing. Is that cheating????? He sleeps in his crib at night. I usually do a workout video during his morning nap with DD running around me and she takes her one nap at noon.

TTC#1 for 19 months with PCOS and MFI IUI#3 + injectables = BFP!!!!  Beta#1-134(13dpiui) Beta #2-392(15dpiui) 
    #1 born December 2011
    #2 born May 2013
    #3 born August 2015 
    #4!!!!!!! due June 2017 
  • Options
    So nap time is part of the reason I don't leave the house much. Nap time is sacred and I afraid DD will fall asleep in the car and ruin naptime.

#1 born December 2011
    #2 born May 2013
    #3 born August 2015 
    #4!!!!!!! due June 2017 
  • Options
  • Options
    I have been SAH with my 3 since the end of May due to a failed job search after grad school. I preschool my girls - check out my blog (link in sig) for lessons and daily schedule!

We go outside everyday, sometimes twice. I do not leave the house very often with all 3 myself. But that is about to change b/c the 2 older ones have started Ballet once a week, soccer (practice weekly with saturday games), & i just signed up for a MOPS group for fridays. 

My DH works every other weekend which means he does have rotating days of the week off. On his days off we venture out to the zoo, Seaworld, park, etc. On his weekends to work I host playdates at my house or have a kiddo spend the night with one of my girls. 

All 3 of my girls take a nap at the SAME time, which is vital!! They need it and I need it more! 
  • Options
    We try to leave the house once a day, usually in the morning. It always depends on the weather, right now it's getting hot pretty early still, so if we get out earlier, we do something outside to run off energy. 

Things we do often: 
    Playground
    Walk through the neighborhood (I let DS walk by himself, no stroller/wagon)
    Playdate
    My Gym free play
    Go to a pet store and look at fish, mice and birds
    Go to Barnes&Noble and play with their train table/look at books
    Go to a splash pad
    Go to the Nature&Science Center in town to discover things and dig out (fake!) dinosaur bones
    Go to the zoo
    Go to the wildflower center and walk there

Then it's lunch at home, nap and usually backyard play (swimming) in the afternoon. I also started a neighborhood playgroup and we meet at the playground near our house once a week and have a Mom's night out once a month. 

DS will start a Mother's Day Out program this Tuesday and will be there Tuesdays and Fridays from 9 am - 1 pm. I feel that he needs to learn to be a bit more social and this will help him. 
    DS born 12/2011
    DD born 03/2014

This discussion has been closed.
Choose Another Board
Search Boards
"
"