December 2011 Moms

Tv time

I'm sure this has been discussed before, but do you allow your LO to watch tv? Do you put a special show on? How much time do you allow? DS has never shown interest in tv until now. I see him straining to see the shows we're watching. So what's your tv rules?

Re: Tv time

• The user and all related content has been deleted.
  • DD watches either Mickey Mouse clubhouse or Baby first TV for 30 min while I prep dinner in the afternoon.

TTC#1 for 19 months with PCOS and MFI IUI#3 + injectables = BFP!!!!  Beta#1-134(13dpiui) Beta #2-392(15dpiui) 
    #1 born December 2011
    TTC#2 - Beta #1 -51@10dpo Beta#2 -1353 @16dpo
    #2 born May 2013
    TTC # 3 June 2014 BFP 12-1-14
    #3 born August 2015 
    #4!!!!!!! due June 2017 
  • Loading the player...
  • Well, I guess I fall into the bad mother category, too! I put the tv on Disney jr in the mornings when I'm doing the housework. They usually lose interest pretty quickly, though, and go play in their room. Of the evenings, dh and I have found that woody woodpecker on Netflix will keep them entertained while supper is being made and dh works outside. It's absolutely the most non-educational show we could find, but they love it and will sit quietly when momma needs to get s**t done ;)
    Warning No formatter is installed for the format bbhtml
  • We don't let DS watch tv, but only because it's in our not-childproof living room and he goes nuts getting into things every time he's in there! I must say that sometimes I wish I could just plunk him down for 1/2 an hour to keep him occupied while I get a little something done.
    OHM born 12/16/11, BAM born 1/10/14, mmc 06/30/15
    BabyFruit Ticker
  • It depends on the day but usually 30 minutes to an hour while I try to get dinner cooked or cleaned up. He watches Thomas and Friends the most.

Baby Birthday Ticker Ticker

• designer303designer303 member
    edited August 2013
    Bad mommy here too, we used to only let ds watch a half hour or so while ate dinner. Then a couple weeks ago our nephew came to visit and put hotel transylvania on and ds was instantly hooked. He has watched that movie all the way through probably 15 times since then and last night he begged us to put it on and so we did he gets so excited as it starts and dances during all the songs. It's so cute and nice that he is entertained that we can't seem to say no.

TTC#1 May 2009- July 2010 on our own with no luck

Started with RE in August 2010, dx with unexplained IF and then finally our 3rd IUI cycle using Follistim and Trigger resulted in our wonderful little man.  Born 12/2/11

TTC#2 Never really prevented, but were careful early on as Dr. reccomended

Surprise BFP 12/16/13, started progesterone immediately as first numbers came back low, but betas were good.  Progesterone wasnt enough. Natural MC 12/24/13.

Back with RE as of January 2014...

5/27/14- Chemical Pregnancy :(

April 2015 IVF#1

5/13/15- BFP, please stick LO!

Oh and I'm a major Harry Potter Nerd :)

Silly mugglesimage

• bridein08bridein08 member
    edited August 2013
    We do about thirty minutes a day- Leap Frog Letter Factory! It is a great DVD and taught DS about half of his letter sounds in a week. Before that we did either Arthur, Curious George or Magic Schoolbus on netflix- ds got a bit obsessed so netflix isnt allowed right now :)

Baby Birthday Ticker Ticker 

February 2011- M/C
    March 2011- BFP resulting in... 12/2011 bouncing baby boy! 
    October 2013- BFP- M/C
  • -T--T- member
    Thanks for the info. I forget that there are so many learning shows and that tv isn't ALL bad!
  • It's only recently that DD2 has shown much interest. Her sister usually gets to watch a show in the morning and one in the evening (usually Disney Jr shows), and DD2 can watch if interested. She'll watch a few minutes of Mickey Mouse clubhouse (usually less than 10 minutes). The one and only show she'll watch all of is Yo Gabba Gabba. I only discovered that because I have it on my ipad and let her watch it on a recent plane trip. Now she'll ask to watch "yo" when her sister is watching a show in the morning.
    Lilypie Fifth Birthday tickers Lilypie Third Birthday tickers
  • We let DS watch it in the evenings for a half hour or so most days of the week. He mostly watches portions of Disney movies. I'm sort of embarrassed when we're out and about and he knows the characters by sight on stuff and starts excitedly yelling, "Nemo!" "Sully!" "Woody!" Or whatever. Oh well!
    Lilypie Third Birthday tickersLilypie First Birthday tickers
  • Alex watches a little bit of TV maybe 4 times a week. About 30 minutes each time. We have a Sesame Street DVD that he loves and one from Germany with little cartoon cars. We don't watch any shows (don't have cable).
    DS born 12/2011
    DD born 03/2014

This discussion has been closed.
Choose Another Board
Search Boards
"
"