Baby Showers

Thank You Cards?!?

You ladies will love this one.....

In a group on Facebook a group member made a recent post how she was so excited that her co-worker threw her a surprise baby shower.  She is pregnant with her second child and she had been complaining for weeks about how no one had offered to throw her a baby shower, and she never had a shower with her first child so she firmly believed she should get one this time around.  So, fast forward and her co-workers ended up throwing her a surprise shower and got her quite a few nice gifts.  She posted how excited she was that she got a shower and she would like ideas to thank everyone who attended the shower and gave her a gift.

A few other ladies tossed out suggestions like - a one big bouquet of flowers with a generic thank you card or an edible arrangement sent to the group.  I chimed in and told her that a nice hand written thank you note to each person who attended thanking them for attending and the gift is all she needs to do.  Immediately responded back and said, "A hand written thank you card for each person who attended? That means I would have to write 15 cards!!!  I would much rather buy a generic thank you gift to send them."  I them pointed out that these ladies took time out of their day to plan the shower for her, spent money on gifts, etc. and the least she could do was to take 30 minutes and hand write 15 thank you cards. 

She kept going on and on how she could not imagine having to write that many thank you cards at one time.  At that point my mind exploded and I just quite paying attention to her post. 

It truly amazes me some days to realize how many people do not know or understand the basic rules of etiquette. 
Me: 30 Him: 33
Married: August 2012
BFP #1 9/2013 -- MC 10/2013
DD: 9/22/2014

Re: Thank You Cards?!?

• Holy crap. I wrote at least 15 thank you notes for each of my 3 showers. That is just mind-boggling.

• Wow I wrote out over 50 personalized thank you Cards for my shower and for people who have given gifts who weren't at my shower. That's ridiculous.
  • Loading the player...
  • I think I've written 50 since being pregnant for hand me downs and just nice things people do to help me and I haven't even had my shower yet!

One friend told me to keep a tally of the things she does for me and send her one big one after the baby is born because I sent her like five in a month.. Lol. She's a great friend and does a lot for me!

• Yikes. I felt bad that it took 4 days to get thank yous in the mail for the 50ish people who came/sent gifts for our shower. I called some people to thank them ahead of the thank you! She sounds like a gem of a friend that I would hide all posts from on FB
This discussion has been closed.
Choose Another Board
Search Boards
"
"