Toddlers: 24 Months+

those who have dealt with pink eye...

DD has a red bump on the bottom of her eye lid. The eye itself is not red. I looked up pics of pink eye online, and all of them showed the actual eye being red. 

If you have seen pink eye, can you tell me if it starts out with a red bump on the eye lid?

TIA!

Baby Birthday Ticker Ticker

Re: those who have dealt with pink eye...

• Pink eye is basically gunk. If you wipe it away and it comes back within thirty minutes, it's likely pink eye. DS had it twice and it  never started with just a bump. 
  • Agree with PP. It started with nasty gunk and didn't stop. Along with that, the eye was very red/pink and irritated. Didn't start with a bump.
    Warning No formatter is installed for the format bbhtml
  • Loading the player...
  • What you are describing doesn't sound like pink eye.  It sounds like a stye, which my dad gets on his eyelid every once in a while.
  • zeptattoo said:
    What you are describing doesn't sound like pink eye.  It sounds like a stye, which my dad gets on his eyelid every once in a while.
    This.  I'd just watch it to see if it worsens or causes your LO any discomfort, but if it's a stye, there's not much you can do.
  • zeptattoo said:

What you are describing doesn't sound like pink eye.  It sounds like a stye, which my dad gets on his eyelid every once in a while.

I was also thinking it sounds like a stye.
    Anniversary
    Baby Birthday Ticker Ticker Baby Birthday Ticker Ticker   image

~*~*~*~*~*~*~*~*~Kari~*~*~*~*~*~*~*~*~

• PunkyBoosterPunkyBooster member
    edited September 2013
    Agree pink eye was nasty eye gunk. Like a thick mucous eye boogery. Honestly I put breast milk in his eye and it cleared right up.

I get styes a lot. They are always bumps along my lash line. I pluck the offending lashes out and it clears up but would not do that to ds. I'd go to the dr!
This discussion has been closed.
Choose Another Board
Search Boards
"
"