Preemies

Preemie help wanted:

How much should a 32 week preemie sleep?

How much should a 32 week preemie eat?

When is it time to ask the doctor about reflux and switching formula issues?

Thanks!

Re: Preemie help wanted:

• it depends.  What is their adjusted age?  even with that info the range can vary greatly.

If you have concerns over reflux and formula issues dont hesitate contacting your pedi.  There are different meds and formulas that can be tried.  You can also try elevating your baby for 30-45 minutes after a feeding in your lap, in a swing, in a rock n play etc.  

good luck!

mom to V; 25 weeker born at 1lb 7oz
    Lilypie Premature Baby tickers

www.virginiakkent.blogspot.com

• Thanks, she was born 7/31/13 is a twin, and she came home Friday. 

I am going to see if I can get her into the doc Monday. I just hate to see her hurting over formula and or reflux issues...
  • Loading the player...
  • When were your twins due? The adjusted age is probably the biggest determining factor.
    TTC Since 11/10 due to Unexplained IF 
    4 Rounds of Clomid, 2 Rounds of Femara + IUI, 2 rounds of IUI+ Injectables (Bravelle + Menopur) = First BFP! TWIN GIRLS!

November 2, 2012 - Claire (2lbs 8.9oz) and Paige (2lbs 10oz) arrive at 29w3d due to PTL and pPROM at 28w5d 
    Lilypie Premature Baby tickers 
    Lilypie Pregnancy tickers
  • I agree with all of the above. Your pedi might recommend some behavioral changes before medicating for reflux depending on the severity. The following helped us:

-burping every ounce when bottle feeding
    -holding completely upright 20-30 minutes after every feed
    -sleeping on a slant (for us, a rock n play)

Our Angel Patricia born sleeping 3/30/12 at 31 weeks
    Our Fighter Anna born early 1/8/13 at 26 weeks
    Hoping to bring home #3 due 9/9/15
  • Thanks, we got the sleep and rock, and she sleeps in her swing that seems to help. Doctor has her on neosure 22 and won't change it just yet.

She has major gas issues but isn't in pain... but I still feel bad. The twins were born a 32 weeks on July 31st, 2013 so 32 days old as of today. We only have one twin home:(
This discussion has been closed.
Choose Another Board
Search Boards
"
"