April 2014 Moms
Options

Are period-like cramps normal?

Every now and then I have massive period like cramps. I have had them off and on for several weeks. In addition to cramps I am experiencing all day nausea. Are these symptoms normal. I am 7 weeks along.

Re: Are period-like cramps normal?

• Options
    As long as you aren't spotting/bleeding, it's probably just round ligament pain, which is totally normal. I have been crampy since before my BFP at 3w5d, and I'm now 9w1d.
    M & B: 05.24.04 | 06.27.09 | 10.24.10
    PgAL
    IUI 7.12.13 | BFP 7.24.13 | MMC Dx'd 9.5.13 | D&C 9.9.13
    IUI 11.16.13 | BFP 11.30.13 | BO Dx'd 12.23.13 | D&C 12.27.13
    Oops! BFP 4.2.14 | EDD 12.14.14

imageimage

• Options
    Cramping can be a normal party of pregnancy....just watch for bleeding. 

All day nausea is very common. Hang in there, it does get easier. 
    Lilypie Kids Birthday tickersLilypie Third Birthday tickers
                                ~Missed MC at 8 weeks. D&C at 12 weeks on 4/17/13~ 
       Lilypie First Birthday tickers
  • Loading the player...
  • Options
    Agree with PP however, we're not docs so contact your doctor if you are concerned. When is your first appt?
  • Options
    Thanks. No spotting at all. Just sick all the time and those pesky cramps.
  • Options
    make sure you're drinking lots of water, like a lot! dehydration can cause cramps. When you do have cramping try to rest and put your feet up if you can! There's a lot of stretching and pulling going on right now as your body gets ready to go from a little bump to a big bump! :)

Pregnancy Ticker

Baby Birthday Ticker Ticker
  • Options
    Some cramps are just your uterus growing so that the baby has room.  I've been having some and my doctor said they are just 'growing pains'.
  • Options
    Thank you. First appointment is Friday .
  • Options
    cramping as well. soo annoying, no spotting. seems to be tied to digestion for me/using the bathroom. i was dehydrated as well went in hosp with kidney infection and dehydration before showed up as preggo. cant seem to get hydrated no matter what i do. FTM im 35
  • Options
    I had it basically every week up until I delivered last time. No one told me that contractions feel like the WORST period cramps ever. 
    imageimageimageimage
    Www.facebook.com/milebymiles

Lilypie First Birthday tickers
    BabyFruit Ticker
  • Options
    This is my first pregnancy and I was wondering the same thing. It happens off and on throughout the day. They are mild for the most part, but some of them are more painful. None of them last more than a minute or two and I am not spotting. I guess this is just something I will have to get used to.
  • Options
    Also first pregnancy and also having the same. My OBGYN said it was normal.
  • Options
    It is normal as long as there is no bleeding. Your uteris is being stretched out and other organs are being compromised, so mild cramping is normal.
This discussion has been closed.
Choose Another Board
Search Boards
"
"