October 2013 Moms

Blood pressure

Does anyone know what "bad" blood pressure is? Like what number warrants a call? I don't know what bad enough for a call is. Any nurses or anyone who knows what the don't hesitate to call if your at this number?? Thanks!

Re: Blood pressure

• But if you're typically very low, a spike can still warrant a call bc some ppl run lower
  • Loading the player...
  • Here's a good site for pre-eclampsia: https://www.preeclampsia.org/signs-and-symptoms.

photo f5b87909-fb54-49d9-91f2-1c11ca11c6c6_zpsb539db06.jpgimage
    imageimagehttps://us.v-cdn.net/5020794/uploads/FileUpload/07/a4ee8a96ea9a5b36f67716d2e4a85b.jpg

• Typically if your systolic (the top number) goes up by 30 from what your norm usually is. Everybody's norm is different, so this is a good standard of when your BP is getting high.
    Baby Birthday Ticker Ticker
    Image and video hosting by TinyPic

Feb Siggy Challenge
     Image and video hosting by TinyPic
  • It also depends on what your normal bp is.  Mine is normally 110/60ish.  High bp for me would be 140/90 area. A few weeks ago while at work I started feeling off and not normal.  Had a nurse take my bp and sure enough it was 132/84.  Not dangerous, but high enough to mention to my doc.

• Mine is up to 130/90 and I have been diagnosed with preeclampsia. It isn't the highest number ever but it is up significantly for me and I'm already on procardia. I'm spilling protein and having massive headaches. If you are having any other symptoms it is worth calling in.
  • Ok thanks- I'm usually low and been takings last couple hours - avg. 150/100 so I called ask a nurse at our hospital to see if that was bad enough to call the "emergency" number- she said yes- I still waited an hour took it again and same so I called and I'm heading I - she didn't even ask me numbers just sounded irritated and told me to come in :/
  • Good luck, yea that high def.an emergency call to the doc or trip to ld

Lilypie First Birthday tickers Lilypie Fourth Birthday tickers Daisypath Anniversary tickers
  • Good luck! Hoping everything is ok.

DD#1~Emma Dawn 12/19/00 7lb 10 oz 21"
    DD#2~Daphney Mae 04/17/03 7lb 13oz 21"
    DD#3~Grace Deonea 05/20/10 8lb 2oz 21"
        DS#1~Brody Maxwell born 10/16/13 8lb 10oz 21"

• Good luck! Hope it's ok!
  • Ayreka said:
    Mine is up to 130/90 and I have been diagnosed with preeclampsia. It isn't the highest number ever but it is up significantly for me and I'm already on procardia. I'm spilling protein and having massive headaches. If you are having any other symptoms it is worth calling in.
    @Ayreka - what are the "other symptoms"? Just curious...
    BabyFruit Ticker
  • Just got released- had to take medicine for it to go down- wouldn't let me leave till it was better- but my blood and urine looked fine. After 3 hours of high numbers it got to where they were comfortable. Baby looked great- I'm having contractions too I guess- have to go to dr office ties to get re checked- my blurry vision and spots only happen at work so I think it's a stress thing but it stayed high all day so who knows! Just glad baby looked good and they got it to come down! Thanks for the good thoughts!
  • Glad everything seems ok right now. Just take it easy this weekend.

DD#1~Emma Dawn 12/19/00 7lb 10 oz 21"
    DD#2~Daphney Mae 04/17/03 7lb 13oz 21"
    DD#3~Grace Deonea 05/20/10 8lb 2oz 21"
        DS#1~Brody Maxwell born 10/16/13 8lb 10oz 21"

• HFrizzle said:

Glad everything seems ok right now. Just take it easy this weekend.

Thanks, I will! Appreciate it!
  • At the beginning laying on my left side would help lower my blood pressure. You may want to try that too.

Good luck!
    ~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~
    Married Sept 2008
    ~~TTC Nov 2010~~

IUI #2: 1/21/13-100mg Clomid(CD3-7)(8M post wash) + progesterone= BFP!! EDD 10/13/13
    Beta #1=81.1 Beta #2=134.5 Beta #3=58.1 #4=2369 WTH?!-Not sure if its viable
    2/21/13 - Went to RE expecting the worse and saw the flutter of the heart.To God be the Glory!!

5/29 - It's a Girl!!
    8/21/13 - Naomi born at 32w3d by csection due to Pre-E
    ~~PAIF/SAIF Welcome~~ 
    ~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~
    imagephoto A789AD50-EAFE-4955-A617-02358EF02DBE_zpsbxkk1n87.jpg
    My Wonder Woman!

• conradtn said:

At the beginning laying on my left side would help lower my blood pressure. You may want to try that too.

Good luck!

Will do! Thanks!

• It's a good sign that the meds were able to control it. I was released last week after having my baby due to pre eclampsia. The meds weren't able to control mine. Good luck to you and hopefully little one gets to stay put awhile longer.
    Baby Birthday Ticker Ticker imageimage
  • scarver said:

my blurry vision and spots only happen at work so I think it's a stress thing

I don't know if this has been mentioned before (I'm pretty sporadic in my bumping) but your blurry vision and spots might be occular migraines. I get them from time to time, but I've been having more than usual lately. I know stress is a trigger as well as lack of sleep. Pretty much all the same triggers as a migraine headache. From what I've been told/read, its nothing to worry about but it is annoying. I hope that's all it is for you and I hope your blood pressure stays down!
  • Glad you went in to get checked. Better to be safe then sorry.
    Charlotte 12.3.09
    Madeline 6.24.11
    Eleanor 9.30.13
  • lolob45 said:

Ayreka said:

Mine is up to 130/90 and I have been diagnosed with preeclampsia. It isn't the highest number ever but it is up significantly for me and I'm already on procardia. I'm spilling protein and having massive headaches. If you are having any other symptoms it is worth calling in.

@Ayreka - what are the "other symptoms"? Just curious...

Blurry vision, headaches, pain in your upper right quadrant of your torso, and spilling protein.

• Blurry vision and headaches are some of the symptoms of preeclampsia ....take good care!!
  • Lee81 said:

scarver said:

my blurry vision and spots only happen at work so I think it's a stress thing

I don't know if this has been mentioned before (I'm pretty sporadic in my bumping) but your blurry vision and spots might be occular migraines. I get them from time to time, but I've been having more than usual lately. I know stress is a trigger as well as lack of sleep. Pretty much all the same triggers as a migraine headache. From what I've been told/read, its nothing to worry about but it is annoying. I hope that's all it is for you and I hope your blood pressure stays down!
    Oh ok- good to know! Thanks

And thanks again everyone!

This discussion has been closed.
Choose Another Board
Search Boards
"
"