Pregnant after IF

feeling icky.

my DH is making fun of me because i am freaking out.  i have had a pretty easy go so far and have not been sick in any way during the whole (almost) 18 weeks.  today i was feeling a little lightheaded before going to meet my DH at the mall, drank some gatorade and then by the time i got into the mall felt like i was going to pass out.  sat in the chair and he got me some water, which made me feel better.  now all afternoon/evening i have felt crappy.  headache, heart palpitations (which i am attributing to the anxiety of not feeling well) nausea, no appetite.  just overall yucky.  i drank about 54 ounces of liquid so far today, along with a protein shake.  DH is saying maybe it's just normal pregnancy not feeling well stuff, and i'm over here debating about whether or not to go to the ER lol.  anyone feel like this and can calm my nerves?  i don't feel like anything is bad enough to call the dr.  i have a home blood pressure kit and it's been normal for me (between 110/50-125/65).  
Me (37) DH (39); PCOS changed to Unexplained, changed to DOR in 2012 (finally a correct diagnosis!); 
Started TTC 2009 with RE after 6 months.  
Clomid + Trigger x2; 
IUI + Femara x1,
IUI + Follistim x2;
IVF #1 (MDL) February 2013- BFN.
IVF #2 (antagonist) May 2013, First BFP of my life. 
Identical twin miracle BOYS (!!) headed our way- due date is technically 2/4/14 but c section is scheduled for 1/7! 

BabyFetus Ticker image

Re: feeling icky.

• I am not feeling well today either!   I was doing fine this morning and we were out with my sister and I got a headache that wasn't going away.   On our way home I fell asleep in the car.  We stopped at McDs to use the bathroom and I got a smoothie thinking I needed some more food to feel better.   When we got home my headache was worse so I took some tylenol and decided to take a nap.  I woke up from my nap - went to the bathroom and got super nauseous and threw up my smoothie.  I am feeling a bit better now.    Personally I wouldn't go to the ER or even call my doc unless I was having strong cramping or bleeding.     Feel better soon!
     TTC #1 since 6/09
    Dx: PCOS and MFI
    3 IUIs, 4 IVFs = BFFN
      3rd RE: IVF #5/FET = BFP
    14dp5dt=1170 16dp5dt=2573

1st u/s=
    TWINS!
    It's a Boy and a Girl!

Born at 34w3d! 

• Thanks hootie. It's hard to know what's normal and what's not. If I wasn't pregnant and felt like this I would be ok, but with the babies I worry over every little thing.
    Me (37) DH (39); PCOS changed to Unexplained, changed to DOR in 2012 (finally a correct diagnosis!); 
    Clomid + Trigger x2; 
    IUI + Femara x1,
    IUI + Follistim x2;
    Identical twin miracle BOYS (!!) headed our way- due date is technically 2/4/14 but c section is scheduled for 1/7! 

BabyFetus Ticker image
  • Loading the player...
  • I'm 23 wks with twins and I probably started feeling that way around 18 wks or so. I still have episodes when I'm really light headed and dizzy and I also get shortness of breath. It seems to happen the more active I am, such as running errands. I can't make it through a grocery shopping trip anymore without feeling crappy! It's been 3 weeks since my last ob appt, but he didnt seem too concerned. So, I guess it's probably normal! Also, mine gets worse in the heat. I don't know where you live, but I'm in Texas and its still awfully hot and not helping matters!
    TTC #3 (#1 for DH) since September 2011. DX: Unexplained infertility with possible cervical factor. May 2012 did clomid with IUI - BFN August 2012 IUI #2 w/ follistim/letrozole - BFN September 2012 IUI #3 w/ follistim/letrozole - BFN October 2012 IUI #4 w/ follistim/letrozole - BFN November/December 2012 IVF/ICSI #1 Retrieved 12 eggs, 8 fertilized. Transferred 1 beautiful embryo and 5 made it to freeze. Got my BFP! January 2013 u/s showed empty gestational sac. FET cycle April 2013.  Transferred 2 5 day embryos.  BFP!!!!!  2 heartbeats!!!!  EDD:  12/27/13
  • Ohhh yes. Lets all share!  I am getting over a sinus infection thankfully after begging my OB she gave me a z-pak. I am feeling much better, but these contractions every night are starting to kill me! They are so strong, make you stop and want to hold your breath, then the tightness around the middle almost makes me feel like heartburn (but not really) and the pressure goes up to my head.  

As for your original post, sounds like normal sucky pregnancy symptoms. But I would call the nurse if you get really worried. She will tell you if you need to go in or to the ER.

Good luck and hope everyone else feels better!
    TTC#1: 14 months on our own (did HSG, b/w, SA);
    BFP on Cycle 14--TWINS! Identical twin boys stillborn at 19wks(1/9/10)
    3 break cycles; took clomid 50mg, BFP #2 Beta #1 35, Beta #2 338!!! Owen was born 2/11/11! 
    TTC#2: 4 cycles on clomid: BFNs
    BFP #3: Cycle #5 100mg clomid; beta #1 21; beta #2 6=CP 
    Cycle #6 break cycle TTC no meds=BFN
    Cycle #7: 150 clomid+ovidril+IUI=BFN (switched to RE)
    Cycle #8: follistem+ovidril+TI=BFN
    Cycle #9 Forced break due to cyst
    Cycle #10 follistem+ovidril+TI=BFN
    Cycle #11 follistem+ovidril+TI=BFN
    Cycle#12 Forced break due to cyst, went on BCP; did repeat HSG, Saline U/S
    Cycle #13 IVF: Follistim/Menapur ER 11-30 11 eggs, 5 mature, 4 fertilized and 3dt on 12-3; BFN
    Cycle #14: IVF#2 lupron/follistim/menopur ER 1-22, 19 eggs, 14 fertilized, 5dt on 1-27, BFP!! beta 1: 63, beta 2: 119; EDD 10-15-13; 1 frozen embie
    Miracle Surprise BFP, EDD 10-1-15; saw HB great Betas, 11weeks lost baby MC at home
    Moved forward with FET transfered solo frostie on 6-4-15, beta 1: 315, beta 2: 738, u/s showed one baby on track EDD 2-21-16
  • Jez, I had the same feeling a few days ago.  I was in bed and the room was spinning.  It took me a good 10 minutes before I was able to even get up and go downstairs to tell DH to get me some juice and an english muffin.  I figured it was due to low blood sugar and told my acupuncture dr. about the episode.  She agreed and said to just keep some candy in your pocketbook at all times and some food next to the bed.  I didn't bother to mention it to my OB after that.
    Baby Birthday Ticker Ticker

BabyFetus Ticker
  • Thanks ladies. I slept good but woke up this morning feeling the same way. Headache and dizziness. Blood pressure has been around 90/50. From everything I am reading it says low blood pressure is very normal around this time and most people aren't worried about it until you start fainting all over the place. Fabulous! For now I am eating sodium foods like chips and pretzels and drinking a lot to see if it goes back up.
    Clomid + Trigger x2; 
    IUI + Femara x1,
    IUI + Follistim x2;

BabyFetus Ticker image
  • I think ur fine. I have been feeling wacky too. 19 weeks today. We seen LO yesterday she was fine. So that made it better. Just remember you have two little guys in there growing :) . Remember to eat. My doc yelled at me cuz all I ate was a protein shake for breakfast he said that's not good enough babys gallbladder was still empty. And he also told me not to drink Gatorade. He's not the first person to tell me that. Good luck and feel better
    TTC Since 112010 Naturally. Diagnose:PCOS(ME) + Low Motility(HIM). Started IVF+ICSI Cycle 12312. ER 27 & ET 210 two embies transferred. *BFN 1ST IVF CYCLE.* **Getting as healthy as possible and will try IVFICSI#2 again hopefully in April.** -- HAVE FAITH; LET GO & LET GOD --
  • DH just made me call doc to double check and doc said perfectly normal just push fluids and rest. I have an ultrasound Tuesday for growth fluid and cervix check so hoping these little guys are doing good in there even though mama is feeling crappy!
    Clomid + Trigger x2; 
    IUI + Femara x1,
    IUI + Follistim x2;

BabyFetus Ticker image
This discussion has been closed.
Choose Another Board
Search Boards
"
"