Trying to Get Pregnant
Options

Patience is Not a Virtue I Possess

So today I'm 12 days DPO...cramping on and off the past week.  I'm so tempted to go buy a test today and take it first thing in the morning...but I just know that if I do that I will for sure start my period tomorrow.  My husband insists on not spending shit-tons on tests over and over - to just wait and test when I actually feel pregnant.  Hmmm......yeah....no.  I see his point and appreciate his relaxed approach to ttc.  I, however, am a planner.  My first son was a complete surprise and this go around I think I'm borderline obsessing.  I know many, if not all, of you have experienced this as well. 

Anyway...I'm just vomiting words at this point.  I should just take the test...but if I don't then there won't be any disappointment.  Waiting for the balls to test...or waiting for my period.  Either way...it just sucks.

Re: Patience is Not a Virtue I Possess

• Options
    If you are trying not to waste tests, then I would wait until at least 15 DPO to test and 18 DPO is better. If you don't care about wasting tests then go for it, just be aware that it could still be too early.

imageimageimageimageimage

TTC #1 since August 2011

My Blog

September 2012: Start IF testing

DH (32): SA is ok, slightly low morph, normal SCSA  Me (32): Slightly low progesterone, hostile CM, carrier for CF, Moderately high NKC, High TNFa, heterozyogous mutated Factor XIII, and +APA

October 2012-May 2014: 4 failed IUIs, 3 failed IVFs, and 1 failed FETw/donor embryos

November 2014: IVF w/ICSI #4 Agonist/Antagonist with EPP and Prednisone, Baby Aspirin, Lovenox, and IVIG for immune issues.  Converted to freeze all due to lining issues.  2 blasts frozen on day 6!

January 2015: FET #2 Cancelled due to lining issues

April 2015: FET #2.1

PAIF/SAIF Welcome!

• Options
    Dollar tree HPT. It's $1! :P
    imageimage
  • Loading the player...
  • Options
    Have you thought about just getting a dollar store test or one of the Walmart $.88 tests? I also have no patients and will test tomorrow at 8DPO so you are doing way better than me!

Baby Birthday Ticker Ticker

BabyFetus Ticker

• Options
    @twinkie0612 I probably will just wait a couple more days and keep myself distracted in the meantime.  8-|
  • Options

Thanks by the way Twinkie!

• Options
    I am obsessed with peeing on things so I would have already tested. Get a cheapie and go for it.

• Options
    I've been testing since 7dpo.  I have it in my head that this is the cycle since it lines up perfectly with the cycle I conceived my DD.  exactly 3 years later, ov same cycle day, overlaid my charts they look really similar.  I'm a nut.
    Baby Birthday Ticker Ticker Baby Birthday Ticker Ticker

• Options

I agree, get some cheapie HPTs!  Use those first, if any indication of a positive line, move to a FRER. 

I always try to wait, but once I get to around 11DPO, I have to test!  But, I have a 10-11 day LP.

What's your normal LP?

son#1 born 6/2010

son#2 born 4/2012

son#3 born 7/2014

• Options
    Twinkie0612Twinkie0612 member
    edited August 2013
    When I first started TTC I POAS everyday from like 10 DPO on (thank goodness for wondfos). So I definitely understand the urge to test. After awhile it gets easier to wait, my last few unmedicated cycles I didn't even test.

imageimageimageimageimage

TTC #1 since August 2011

My Blog

September 2012: Start IF testing

DH (32): SA is ok, slightly low morph, normal SCSA  Me (32): Slightly low progesterone, hostile CM, carrier for CF, Moderately high NKC, High TNFa, heterozyogous mutated Factor XIII, and +APA

October 2012-May 2014: 4 failed IUIs, 3 failed IVFs, and 1 failed FETw/donor embryos

November 2014: IVF w/ICSI #4 Agonist/Antagonist with EPP and Prednisone, Baby Aspirin, Lovenox, and IVIG for immune issues.  Converted to freeze all due to lining issues.  2 blasts frozen on day 6!

January 2015: FET #2 Cancelled due to lining issues

April 2015: FET #2.1

PAIF/SAIF Welcome!

• Options
    I completely understand how you feel! I'm at 11DPO and my LP is usually 11 days. It doesn't help that FF is telling me to test tomorrow. The suspense is killing me now!
  • Options
    buy dollar tree/walmart/wondfo tests.  cheap and plentiful.  problem solved :)
    -signed girl who is just trying to hold out until 9dpo.  With my normal 10-11 day LP, I would personally see no point in waiting until days past my normal LP length.  But I'm a POAS-a-holic.
    AVT - 12.2.11

LCT - 5.15.14 ~ 9lbs, 22.5 inches

• Options
    Yeah, I'll be early testing for the duration of this TTC stuff. I do not mind spending money on the cheapies so I can calm my nerves and just say "Ok, 10DPO says negative" and go about my day assuming it's a BFN cycle. I'm one of those expect the worst case scenario, plan for that one, and then when it's a best case scenario, get super extra excited people.

httpi790photobucketcomalbumsyy184elsabrown08e26d3682-3305-47b8-9997-1488d4f6ff18_zpscd6c53aajpg
    ~*~
    Married 4.4.09  ~*~  Me-34 & DH-32 ~*~
    Complete Thyroidectomy Oct 07'  &  Cardiac Ablation Surgery for SVAT Sept 11'
    BFP #1 - 10.3.10  I  EDD 6.11.16  I  Boy #1 born 6.16.11
    BFP #2 - 9.12.13 l EDD 5.27.14 l CP 9.20.13
    BFP #3 - 3.5.14 I  EDD 11.17.14 I  Boy #2 born 11.17.14

• Options
    Definitely get a cheap test and try! I could never wait until 12 days, but I have a bit of a POAS addiction myself.
    DS 5 years old
    DD 2 years old
    {Baby GIRL due 6.1}

Baby Birthday Ticker Ticker
  • Options
    Ok so I bought one tonight. Will take it first thing in the morning. Not expecting a BFP but I can't handle that huge lingering question mark. Thanks to all the other neurotic ladies out there who sympathize with me!! :)
  • Options
    My cycles were long before my first pregnancy and I didn't know anything about charting or DPO so I didn't test until I was 20 DPO! Haha. My last cycle was 41 days so I just kept peeing on sticks. I bought OPKs this time so that I have something to pee on to keep me busy. LOL. 
    BFP #1 12.9.11 - welcomed G & S 7.20.12
    BFP #2 9.20.13 - m/c 10.21.13
    BFP #3 12.15.13  due 8.29.14

imageimage

Pregnancy Ticker

Interested in a FB group? PM me :) 

• Options
    BFN...womp womp womp. Oh we'll....now I just my cycle to start.
  • Options
    JessElam said:

BFN...womp womp womp. Oh we'll....now I just my cycle to start.

Boo... Sorry. Hopefully the next cycle is the one.

• Options
    duncs107duncs107 member
    edited September 2013
    OP....12dpo is a still a little early. You aren't out until AF shows.
This discussion has been closed.
Choose Another Board
Search Boards
"
"