December 2013 Moms

Fall/Halloween decorating

imrachelleaimrachellea member
edited August 2013 in December 2013 Moms
Now that football has officially started and Labor Day is the official end to summer, I'm so excited to start decorating for fall!!! Last year it was mostly Halloween related simpy because it was more affordable and this year I feel it will be as well given the babies cost money lol.

Last year I did a Halloween scene with orange tissue paper and cut outs in our front window with orange lights to illuminate it. I think I will do the same this year but with purple tissue paper. I have a ton of ideas on Pinterest, one I'm super excited about is using blacklight activated hairspray to write a hidden message on the garage door...I'm thinking of writing "I do believe in spooks!"

What's up on the seasonal decorating for you ladies? Share your ideas!!
Babysizer Cravings Pregnancy Tracker

Re: Fall/Halloween decorating

• We will be moving in October, but after the move I plan on decorating for fall! I cannot contain my excitement.
    Baby Birthday Ticker Ticker
  • All my stuff is more fall than Halloween. I already have my apple candles out. Autumn Wreath from Yankee and Apple Strudel from PartyLite are my faves. I have pumpkins to place all over. I'll get a couple bales of hay and some potted mums for the front porch. We had a fall wedding so I have so garland of leaves that I put around the fireplace. I can't wait!!!

Beckett Rilee & Caitlyn Leigh born 9-21-13 @ 27w due to PPROM

• Loading the player...
  • I love pulling out the fall/Halloween decorations because I get to display the fake pumpkin that DH carved when he proposed and fall also means that the end to this Texas heat may be near!

• I've already decorated for fall. I'm going to wait to buy mums though till the 22nd when are pumpkins arrive. We sell pumpkins so our side yard will be full in a few weeks.
  • peitripeitri member
    edited August 2013
    I love fall and Halloween. I already have pumpkin and apple scented candles & soaps, I have a PSL on my coffee table, and I really want to make @cashingn2's pumpkin muffins that she posted about a few days ago but I can't find the thread it's in. I should've saved the pic to my desktop like a smart person, but I am not a smart person.

I also want to go to Target and buy Brach's mellowcreme pumpkins. Today I clean the house, tomorrow I go shopping. I should stop bumping now so I can be productive.
    Daisypath - (d3qY)
    Lilypie - (ATx7)

• My favorite time of the year to decorate! I'm going to have SO yank all the goodies out of the attic next weekend. I'm excited! I don't care if it's still 100 degrees in Houston, my house will smell and look like fall threw up inside and outside of it regardless!
    View Full Size Image View Full Size Image
    Lilypie - (zHjr)
  • Yay! I am decorating this weekend :) I will do plain Fall stuff for now and then October 1 Halloween decorations go up. I have tons of Fall/Halloween candle stuff from Yankee candle and all sorts of decorations. I will also get a small hay bale and mini pumpkins/gourds for outside. This is our first year in a single family home, so I am super excited to have more space for decorating!
    Lilypie Kids Birthday tickers Lilypie Fourth Birthday tickers Lilypie First Birthday tickers
  • I copy the fall Pottery Barn catalog with Hobby Lobby stuff. Works every time! I can't wait.
    Image and video hosting by TinyPic

Image and video hosting by TinyPic
  • I love Halloween!!! I can't wait. All my Halloween stuff goes up October 1st but I might start doing outdoor lights now so that it's done. I started putting sunflowers and leaves out for fall this week.
  • I love fall stuff too.  I still think I'll probably hold off for a few more weeks though.  I'd love to get some mums planted too, but I want them to last as long as possible, so I figure I'll do that when I pull out the decorations in late September.
This discussion has been closed.
Choose Another Board
Search Boards
"
"