Baby Names

Should I clear this name?

(1) DS1 is Spencer. He was born around the same time as several babies on our street. Turns out there is an Evan up the street around his age. I <3 this name as I think it's a great sib name for Spence, and I like it better than Ethan. (The 'th' in Ethan sounds a bit feminine for me.)
 So, I have never met this family. They're not out of the house much. I have wanted to go up and introduce us- for a possible playmate or at least just to know more neighbors, but haven't yet. Should I "clear" using the name with them?

(2) I'm rethinking MN. Initial love was Evan Andrew. Now contemplating Evan Mason. Thoughts? Other ideas? (Last name starts with T.)

Thanks!!
Warning No formatter is installed for the format bbhtml

Re: Should I clear this name?

• No, I wouldn't clear a name with what are essentially strangers. And it's no like Evan is that uncommon.

Evan Mason is a bit too rhyme-y for me. I like Evan Andrew. I think it has nice fow.

• Why would you think you need to clear this with a stranger.  I say name your boy Evan, love the name by the way and don't worry about neighbors.
  • Loading the player...
  • Great. Just double-checking. Thanks!
    Warning No formatter is installed for the format bbhtml
  • If you did clear it with them, and they said NO don't use it. What would you do?
  • Yeah, you can totally use this name. I can't even imagine asking strangers' permission to use the same name as their child.

Baby Birthday Ticker Ticker Baby Birthday Ticker Ticker Pregnancy Ticker
  • I would not clear it with them at all. They are strangers, and I wouldn't even if they were acquaintances. I'd clear only if family or close friends.

I like both the names Mason and Andrew, but I think the flow of Evan Andrew is much much better.
    Baby Birthday Ticker Ticker
  • You think you should clear a name with a strange family down the street that you've never met? No! Just use the name if you like it! 

Think about what will happen if your children are in preschool or school and you have another baby. Are you going to want to clear your name choice with every parent in the class before picking your name? That would insane, lol. 
    Me: 30 Him: 33
    Married: August 2012
    BFP #1 9/2013 -- MC 10/2013
    DD: 9/22/2014

• No, you don't have to clear the name as others have said, and I also think Andrew sounds better than Mason with Evan.
    Baby Birthday Ticker Ticker Baby Birthday Ticker Ticker
  • In the situation you described, I wouldn't blink an eye about using Evan and I would not feel the need to clear it with your neighbors.  I think Evan Andrew is great.  I like that much better than Evan Mason (I don't like both names ending in the "n" sound).
  • No, I wouldn't clear a name with what are essentially strangers. And it's no like Evan is that uncommon.

Evan Mason is a bit too rhyme-y for me. I like Evan Andrew. I think it has nice fow.

This!

Carly
    (Former UN: iloveshanej)

Birdie born 05/01/2007
    Rainbow Surprise Baby due 05/26/2017                                          

Potato Launcher

• Agree with everyone else. No clearing the name isn't necessary. I love Evan Andrew. Not a fan of Mason. Just something I wanted to point out though is that if you use Evan Andrew his initials will be EAT. Doesn't matter much just thought I would mention it.
    Lilypie Fifth Birthday tickers Baby Birthday Ticker Ticker
This discussion has been closed.
Choose Another Board
Search Boards
"
"