Boston Babies
Options

Baby Planner?

Hello New and Expecting moms I was trying to get advice on baby planner services.<?xml:namespace prefix = o ns = "urn:schemas-microsoft-com:office:office" />

• What duties would you like a baby planner to do?
  • Would Certificates and Licenses make having a baby planner easier? Or does it matter as long as the person knows what he/she is doing?
  • What could you have learned differently if you had a baby planner?
  • What was one thing you wanted help on and if hiring a baby planner would have been so much easier?
  • How much would you have paid for a baby planner? Per hour or Total payment
  • If you hired a premiere baby planner that had all the credentials would $200/hr be too much? Or would you pay it knowing that you would get the right things needed.

Re: Baby Planner?

• Options
    DOES ANYONE HAVE ANY INSIGHT I NEED HELP BAD!
  • Options
    I'm not really sure what a baby planner is, but to answer your questions:
    1. I guess I'd want the baby planner to really know all about different baby products and which are the best to register for.  This means knowing the cost of items, whether or not the cost is worth it.  I'd also want this person to know about all the places to register and why to register with those particular stores.  I'd expect this person to know all about different medical procedures that will happen, what to expect at each doctor visit, the benefits of different tests.  

2. I'd expect this person to have various certificates.  They should have attended all baby related classes, be certified in cpr, know about safety. They should know the best places to go for parents to receive this education, which classes are the best, which teachers are the best and why.

3. I would expect the baby planner to be on top of all pregnancy and baby related information.  Similar to a wedding planner, they should know where to find answers if they don't know.  They should know people at baby stores, know doulas and midwives, know all the hospitals, know various doctors.

4. I'm not really sure what I would need help on that the doctor doesn't already make me aware of.  Perhaps knowing all of the what to expect book information.

5. I would probably only consider hiring a baby planner if there was a total cost involved.  Hiring per hour would be frustrating.  What happens if you had a question that only took 5 minutes to answer.  Would I only pay for those 5 minutes?  I'd prefer a list of prices.  Perhaps a list of pricing based upon what the person would receive (eg. $100 for help making baby registry, $100 for making a list of doulas, etc.)

6. I don't think I'd ever pay $200 per hour for a baby planner.  That hour had better be pretty special.  I would expect at LOT of work for that much money.  That's over $3 per minute.  My expectation would be extreme if I'm paying that much money.
This discussion has been closed.
Choose Another Board
Search Boards
"
"