Nurseries and Baby Gear
Options

Advise from Britax mamas

We have finally decided in the britax b-ready stroller. Now, the dilemma of the b-ready or chaperone car seat. Also, for anyone with the b ready, did you use the bassinet, was it worth having or do you think a waste?

Thanks for the help :)

Re: Advise from Britax mamas

• Options
    We have the B-Ready and the B-Safe car seat and I love that combo. The B-Safe needs no alterations to click into the stroller. I believe the Chaperone needs the parts added to click in to the B-Ready. The Chaperone base is HUGE and does not fit in a lot of cars. I have a 2010 Outback and the Chaperone was too big by a lot. Britax allows for a maximum overhang of 20% on this car seat base, so if you decide on it, make sure it fits first!

My MIL bought the bassinet for us. We used it twice for walks, so I would say not worth it. We did travel several times when out lo was was still teeny and we used it at hotels instead of the pack and play. It was handy for that, but not necessary.
    ~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~
    TTC# 1 since 5/10
    Me:34 Type 1 Diabetes, Ankylosing Spondylitis, Hypothyroid DH:35 Perfect
    DX: Unexplained IF
    Many IUI's with various meds all BFFN
    IVF #1 11/11 canceled due to OHSS
    IVF #2 Feb/March 2012 ET of 2 on day 3 4/7 BFP! 5/1 u/s blighted ovum
    IVF #3 July 2012 ET of 3 on day 3 7/24 BFP!
    Healthy baby girl born at 36w4d on 3/9/13

Baby Birthday Ticker Ticker
    TTC #2
    IVF #4 May/June 2014 ER 6/4 18R 8M 8F ET 6/9 1 blast, 2 frosties
    Beta 6/18 BFFN

FET of 2 blasts 7/24...BFP!
    Healthy baby girl born at 36w3d on 3/17/15

TTC#3
    IVF #5 June 2018- PGS planned, no surviving embryos
    IVF #6 August 2018- ET of 2 on day 3 - Chemical pregnancy
    IVF #7 August 2019-....?
  • Options
    B-Safe car seat.  Much lighter seat and doesn't require additional parts for the stroller.
    Image and video hosting by TinyPic
    Emily 8.8.08
    Madeline 1.2.11
    William 8.5.12
  • Loading the player...
  • Options
    I bought the bassinet and loved it. Before you get one I would suggest you figure out how much use you will get out of it first and see if it makes sense for you. I had a September baby, she was in it all of October and some of November, all of March and some of April. Then she outgrew it- my daughter is super tall and the weight limit is 20lbs. I thought it was worth it- we walk a a lot and it was nice to be able to bundle her in during the cold months. 

• Options
    alakealake member
    edited August 2013
    I love the Chaperone.
    DD3 is 1 year and 9 days (August 20th).  She is pretty short and light.  28 inches, and 19 and a half pounds.  We are moving her into an RXT tomorrow (we are getting a new vehicle)
    It has been on about 18 round trip flights (if not a couple of more, I would need to count her passport) It is easy to instal on the planes, it has been to Europe twice with me.   We buy all five kids seats on the planes and use car seats. 
    I like the anti-rebound bar.  If in the states, you can find it for the same price as the B-safe on certain web sites.  I bought it for around $160.
  • Options
    I have the Chaperone and I love it, but it is big and doesn't fit in a lot of cars. You will definitely want to try it out before you buy it. The extra pieces the PP mentioned come with the seat, so you don't have to buy anything else. They clip in to the side of the seat and don't have to be removed when using the seat in your car, so it's a one time thing. Both the Chaperone and the BSafe clip into the stroller in the same manner.

This. I didn't even remember about the extra parts, bc I clipped them in and forgot about them.  I didn't know that the B Safe doesn't have them.

We don't have the bassinet, bc we had a winter baby I didn't think we'd get much use out of it. But I definitely plan to get it if I have a newborn during the warmer months.

• Options
    I have the Chaperone and I love it, but it is big and doesn't fit in a lot of cars. You will definitely want to try it out before you buy it. The extra pieces the PP mentioned come with the seat, so you don't have to buy anything else. They clip in to the side of the seat and don't have to be removed when using the seat in your car, so it's a one time thing. Both the Chaperone and the BSafe clip into the stroller in the same manner.
    Agreed!  We have the B Ready and the Chaperone.  The Chaperone is big, but we didn't compare it in our vehicle vs. the B Ready carseat when we selected the Chaperone.  The pieces needed to make the Chaperone compatible with the B Ready are included, so there's no additional cost.  And when you install the extra pieces, you never need to take them off to switch between the carseat base and the stroller.  It might have been a little cheaper to buy a B Ready travel system, but here's why I really liked the Chaperone: https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=NogRz2mD0Us 
This discussion has been closed.
Choose Another Board
Search Boards
"
"