Toddlers: 12 - 24 Months
Options

Selling Clothes at Yard Sale

Has anyone sold their LOs clothes at a yard sale?  I'm just wondering how low you really have to price things to get people to buy them.  Unfortunately, we only have one baby/kid's consignment shop near us and they only take dressier clothes.  I've got boat loads of onesies and t-shirts, etc. that at some point I will want to get rid of.  I'll probably end up donating a lot of stuff but I was just wondering if a yard sale would even be worth the trouble.  TIA!
Baby Birthday Ticker Ticker

Re: Selling Clothes at Yard Sale

• Options
    I haven't sold anything but I buy a lot of things at garage sales. I don't buy any baby clothes over a dollar. Ideally I shoot for the sales with 25 or 50 cents per item. We will be having a garage sale at the end of September and I'll be pricing everything at 50 cents each.
    BabyFruit Ticker Baby Birthday Ticker Ticker
  • Options
    I haven't sold at a yard sale, but I've sold at a mom to mom sale and have bought at them too.  I did very well selling at $1 a piece for shirts/pants and onesies were 4/$1 and that's typically what I look for when buying as well.
  • Loading the player...
  • Options
    It depends on your area. Around here people won't buy most things (except nice dresses, coats, etc) unless they're 25-cents.
    Lilypie Third Birthday tickers
    Married 1/2/99.
    TTC since 4/09.
    Diagnosed PCOS. Diagnosed Hypothryoid 11/09.
    SHG & SA normal. PCOS Research study started 5/10.
    Clomid/Femara cycle #1 - 6/10 = BFN
    Clomid/Femara cycle #2 - 7/10 = BFP #1 - Missed miscarriage 9/2/10
    11/12 - BFP #2 - 11/22 - m/c
    5/1/11 - BFP #3 - Pre-eclampsia, IUGR & bed rest from 32w. DD born via induction 1/4/12.
  • Options
    I sold two boxes of girl clothes at a garage sale this past month. I had everything priced at $.50 per item. People had no problem paying that.
    TTC #1 since May 2010
    9/10 and 1/11 Normal blood work
    2/11 50 mg Clomid = BFN
    4/11 50 mg Clomid = BFN
    5/11 100 mg Clomid = BFN
    6/11 2.5 mg Femara = BFN
    7/11 2.5 mg Femara = BFN
    SA normal and HSG all clear
    11/11 14 HMG shots with HCG trigger = BFN
    12/11 Femara + HMG = BFP!!
  • Options

Thanks everyone! I appreciate the feedback! :-)

• Options
    I suggest to get any real money for them doing Craigslist or Amazon and selling them in large groupings. That's the only way I buy -- like bag of 12m clothes for $15 and then post pics of the clothes included
    BabyFruit Ticker Baby Birthday Ticker Ticker

Image and video hosting by TinyPic
  • Options
    allardr said:
    I suggest to get any real money for them doing Craigslist or Amazon and selling them in large groupings. That's the only way I buy -- like bag of 12m clothes for $15 and then post pics of the clothes included
    Interesting! I had never thought of doing it this way.  Thanks for the tip!
This discussion has been closed.
Choose Another Board
Search Boards
"
"