October 2012 Moms

Can we talk birthday parties?

Hi ladies!  I hope you're all doing well :)  I lurk from my phone but rarely post anymore, life gets pretty busy with 2 little ones!

Is it still too early to talk about birthday parties???  I sure hope not, because I am in PLANNING MODE!

So, who's with me?  What are you planning?  Is there a theme?  How many people are you inviting?  What will your ONE YEAR OLD be wearing on the special day?  Can you believe our little babies are almost one?!?  Anything else you want to share?

-----------

I love planning parties, so I started planning in April ;)  It's a "breakfast at tiffany's" theme, brunch at a restaurant, they have a private room that we are renting, and serving a buffet of French toast, scrambled eggs, fruit, bacon, sausage, potatoes, I think that's it, and I'm getting a yummy banana cake from my favorite bakery!  I'm going to decorate with lots of pearls and rhinestones, and having small blue "tiffanys boxes" filled with Hershey kisses as the favors.  There will be simple white flowers on the tables, and a kid's table for the older kids that will have crayons and paper for them to color and hang out while we are drinking our mimosas :)  I'm getting some cheap white bead necklaces for DD1's friends that will be there, to be "pearl necklaces".  I finally ordered the invitations this week and found cute envelopes and return address labels tonight, it's all starting to come together!

DD1 (age 4) will be wearing a poufy black dress that she wore as a flower girl last year.  DD2 will be in this black dress with white polka dots from Carters

https://www.carters.com/carters-baby-girl-dresses-dressy/886149366319.html#prefn1=filterNavLevel2&prefv1=Dressy&navID=header&start=7&cgid=carters-baby-girl-dresses

I have no idea what I'm going to wear, I really want to wear some fancy heels and a fun dress but don't feel like that will be practical for sitting on the floor and opening presents.  So I'm thinking maybe a sparkly tunic or something, over black leggings.

Lilypie First Birthday tickers

Re: Can we talk birthday parties?

• We are doing Dr. Seuss as a theme.  We are having it in our back yard.  His birthday is the end of Sept. so I am hoping the weather will be nice.  With both of our families it will be 30-40 people.  He is wearing a Dr. seuss vest I made over a white onesie.  We ordered invites off of etsy and I am just waiting for Shutterfly to print them since I had a 40% off code.  I am all about saving money.  Otherwise this party would be expensive.

We plan on using the Dr. Seuss book Happy Birthday to You as his guest book so he can keep it for a long time.  His cake is from a local bakery owned by the cutest grandparents I have ever seen and will look like this.

• We/I have been planning for a while.  We are doing a joint party - boys are two years apart and we don't want family to have to travel twice back to back (both Oct babies).  We are doing classic Mickey.  Got the kiddos matching Mickey shirts and they have ears.  :)

• Loading the player...
  • edited August 2013
    We are doing Olivia in ONEderland. We are going to invite about 25 people. I am having so much fun finding ideas for her party I might go a little bit overboard but it's fun. Here are a few of my ideas:

I'm going to get scrap wood and make arrows saying things like wrong way, this way, that way, tea party, ect.
    I'm making Alice in wonderland invites, which I'm hoping to send out this week.
    I'm planning on dangling planning cards from the ceiling.
    DD is to wear a Alice in Wonderland dress that will later be her Halloween costume.
    I'm going to make a banner that says Welcome to Olivia's ONEderland Tea Party.
    I have made tags that say eat me/drink me to attach to the different foods and drinks.
    I'm going to make cookies with icing that says eat me.
    I have printed out pics of the characters in wonderland and I'm going to glue them on cardboard to have around the house.

I have a lot of other ideas which I'm really excited about. I just hope I'll have the time to get it all done. Oh and no I can't believe our babies are almost one it just went by way to fast.

• We are having the party at a restaurant, our house is too small. We are having about 30 people (22 adults and 9 kids). Grandparents, our sisters and their families, 3 close couples and their family and DH's 2 uncles.

The theme is sesame street, I am having the cake made but my sister and I are going to make these cupcakes.

https://www.annies-eats.com/2011/07/28/how-to-decorate-sesame-street-cupcakes/

Lilypie Fifth Birthday tickersLilypie First Birthday tickers
  • Grady's will be car/truck/bus themed.  (He loves the song "The Wheels on the Bus" but I couldn't find any plates/decorations with buses so we're using a cars/trucks set.) The set even has a little hat, splat mat, and streamers to decorate the highchair with!! We're having it at our house & it will mostly be family with a few close family friends.  Around 20 people.  We rented a bounce house, mostly for DS1 who's 7.  We'll probably have spaghetti with meatballs since that's a family tradition on DH's side. 

On his actual birthday, which is a Tuesday, I got him a shirt from Carter's that says "It's My Birthday".  For his party I'll find something comfy but dressy like a polo and kahkis.  Then he has a fancy diaper cover with flames on it that we'll strip him down to and use for the cake smash.

Baby Birthday Ticker Ticker

image imageimageimage

• Another Alice in Onederland party! But just at our house. I went berserk for dd1's cowgirl party in July so am trying to reign it in, lol. Decor will be Teacups e tc. It will just be family so the decorations are just for me!
    Birthday

• We are doing Oktoberfest! We are holding it at a local park with a beautiful stone shelter built by the WPA in the 1940s. Pretzels, bratwurst, German chocolate cupcakes, tasty German beers for the adults, apple cider for the kiddos. My mom is even sewing DS little lederhosen! I am just starting to get crafty, busted out the Cricut today to get to work on a Happy Birthday banner and little cupcake toppers. I'd like to make a "Willkommen" sign, too. We have a very German last name, so I think it's pretty cute!
    Warning No formatter is installed for the format bbhtml
  • Unfortunately LOs bday has hit us when our finances are tighter than ever. If DH can get his GI bill soon since he is starting his 3rd academy in two weeks, then I'd like to do one at a pumpkin patch/farm! If not and we don't have the funds to shell out, then it's just gonna be me, DH and our two boys at the house :)

Baby Birthday Ticker Ticker Baby Birthday Ticker Ticker 
      Follow Me on Pinterest
This discussion has been closed.
Choose Another Board
Search Boards
"
"