Trying to Get Pregnant

Possible IB (Implantation bleeding)

Hi, yall, not sure if this is the right place to post but, I have had light LIGHT bleeding for around 8 days now, now trust me I have been all over google looking in to this and I can not figure out what it may be so I'm hoping this could still be IB? I had sex around the 13th of Aug last AF at the end of July, my cycle is sooo irregular. Sometimes I go a month with out one. I have 2 children now (5 & 7) and we are currently TTC. My bleeding is so light, its only when I wipe and its light pink. No pain at all with it, I am on some medications due to a wreck I had in june and I just had an MRI a week or so ago. I took a test Wed BFN. Anyone else had this happen?

Thanks!

Re: Possible IB (Implantation bleeding)

• BFN= Not pregnant. 

Someone correct me if I'm wrong, but I believe IF you have implantation bleeding, it should not be pink. 

Sounds like AF to me. Do you chart your cycles? How do you know you ovulated and then had sex in the FW?

This is your first post and I REALLY REALLY HIGHLY recommend that you read the newbie blog before you post any other questions. 

TTC our first. Married to, and madly in love with, my beautiful wife. Living with our fur baby and enjoying 19 nieces and nephews. 
    • DW and I have been tracking, preparing, getting medical testing since January 2013.
    • First Cycle: Unmedicated ICI w/ Donor Sperm 08/02/13: BFN
    • Second Cycle: Unmedicated ICI w/ Donor Sperm 09/11/13, 09/13/13, 09/15/13: BFN
    • Third Cycle: Unmedicated ICI w/ Donor Sperm: 10/13/13, 10/15/13, 10/17/13, 10/21/13: BFN
    • January 2014: Sonohysterogram shows excellent lining & tubes have no blockages
    • Fourth Cycle:  Monitored clomid cycle  w/ ICI's at home: 1/24/14 and 1/25/14. Ovulation verified:  BFN
    • Fifth Cycle: 02/2014 Femara 5mg with ovidrel trigger CD14: BFN
    • Taking a few months off to evaluate if we want to keep trying

• Loading the player...
  • Hi, yall, not sure if this is the right place to post but, I have had light LIGHT bleeding for around 8 days now, now trust me I have been all over google looking in to this and I can not figure out what it may be so I'm hoping this could still be IB? I had sex around the 13th of Aug last AF at the end of July, my cycle is sooo irregular. Sometimes I go a month with out one. I have 2 children now (5 & 7) and we are currently TTC. My bleeding is so light, its only when I wipe and its light pink. No pain at all with it, I am on some medications due to a wreck I had in june and I just had an MRI a week or so ago. I took a test Wed BFN. Anyone else had this happen?

Thanks!

Sorry for your accident. Hope you recover quickly from that. It's probably spotting and your period may follow. A neg test means you are not pregnant right now. Implantation bleeding is pretty rare so keep that in mind. If you are irregular you can try temping. Check out fertilityfriend.com.

Please read the newbie blog which is linked in a sticky post at the top of the board.

imageimage

Baby Birthday Ticker Ticker

• IB is typically just a small spot of blood once or maybe a couple of times in one day. Eight days in a row of light bleeding is not at all the same. FWIW I spot or lightly bleed for most of my LP most cycles, so anywhere from 7-12 days straight between when I ovulate and when my period arrives. And ultimately, IB can only be pinpointed after you get a positive test, until you get a BFP it's all just speculation. Negative test means not pregnant, no matter what is leaking out of you to convince you otherwise.

imageimage

Married August 2012. Me: 41  DH: 42 
    Daughter from previous marriage: 20

BFP 12/19/12: Ectopic discovered at 8 weeks, right tube removed 01/18/13
    June 2013 Testing Results: Progesterone: 31.7, LH: 5, FSH: 5, Estradiol: 161
    Clomid cycles Nov. 2013 and Jan, Feb, and March 2014

TTC journey over as of the end of October 2014

TTCAL BLOG

All ALers welcome!

• Thanks everyone, I have been keeping track of my cycles and supposed to be ovulation dates, according to my charts I ovulated the 8th-13th, my next af is due Sept 6th (which is come and go) Its really hard to keep up or keep track of everything with such an irregular cycle, a friend of mine actually recommended using body temp to check, also as far as spotting, I thought this too but is it normal for 8 days? I've seen a few post where women bled for 8-10 days and were actually pregnant (we can all dream right!) Anywho, I really appreciate the advice and I'll be sure to read the sticky  :\"> (sorry!)
  • Whatever you're doing to chart isn't very good if it gives you a six day window for ovulation. I would strongly recommend getting an account with Fertility Friend and a bbt thermometer and start charting through FF. it's what most of us here use and it's easy and free. The ff site has fantastic tutorials that help you learn all about your body and cycles, TTC, etc. and for someone with irregular cycles, it can be a real godsend to help you figure things out and narrow down your O day as opposed to O 'week'. You can even click on the chart link in my siggy to get right to the FF site.

imageimage

TTCAL BLOG

All ALers welcome!

• Another vote for fertility friend, their tutorials are awesome. FWIW, I have spotted for even longer than 8 days in a row before. It was just random mid cycle spotting. Good luck.
  • gscoville said:
    IB is typically just a small spot of blood once or maybe a couple of times in one day. Eight days in a row of light bleeding is not at all the same. FWIW I spot or lightly bleed for most of my LP most cycles, so anywhere from 7-12 days straight between when I ovulate and when my period arrives. And ultimately, IB can only be pinpointed after you get a positive test, until you get a BFP it's all just speculation. Negative test means not pregnant, no matter what is leaking out of you to convince you otherwise.

@gsocville I'm not trying to hijack this post but do you know what causes your spotting? I just started doing this the past 4-5 months. This cycle it started 8dpo but extremely light and lasted 6 days til AF showed up. Its driving me insane!! lol
  • D
    janbc06 said:
    gscoville said:
    IB is typically just a small spot of blood once or maybe a couple of times in one day. Eight days in a row of light bleeding is not at all the same. FWIW I spot or lightly bleed for most of my LP most cycles, so anywhere from 7-12 days straight between when I ovulate and when my period arrives. And ultimately, IB can only be pinpointed after you get a positive test, until you get a BFP it's all just speculation. Negative test means not pregnant, no matter what is leaking out of you to convince you otherwise.

@gsocville I'm not trying to hijack this post but do you know what causes your spotting? I just started doing this the past 4-5 months. This cycle it started 8dpo but extremely light and lasted 6 days til AF showed up. Its driving me insane!! lol

Unfortunately we've never yet found a cause for my spotting. Not that we've done much 'looking', although when I first came off BCP and started spotting in my cycles my doctor said it wasn't a concern. I had an ectopic loss (surgery) in January and as a result of that combined with my age I had some testing done in the spring, and nothing was detected by either ultrasound or HSG, blood levels all look fairly good, I don't have random pain, nor horribly irregular cycles, so no indication of endo, cycsts, or PCOS or anything like that. However, my spotting has slowly increased since my loss in total number of days in my cycle that I spot, some cycles there might only be 4 or 5 days total that I don't have some spotting/bleeding, and my doctor is starting to wonder why that is. Again, because of my loss, my age, and length of time not able to conceive since my loss, I've now been referred to an OB/RE and looking into my spotting will be on the list of to-dos.

imageimage

TTCAL BLOG

All ALers welcome!

• gscoville said:
    D
    janbc06 said:
    gscoville said:

Unfortunately we've never yet found a cause for my spotting. Not that we've done much 'looking', although when I first came off BCP and started spotting in my cycles my doctor said it wasn't a concern. I had an ectopic loss (surgery) in January and as a result of that combined with my age I had some testing done in the spring, and nothing was detected by either ultrasound or HSG, blood levels all look fairly good, I don't have random pain, nor horribly irregular cycles, so no indication of endo, cycsts, or PCOS or anything like that. However, my spotting has slowly increased since my loss in total number of days in my cycle that I spot, some cycles there might only be 4 or 5 days total that I don't have some spotting/bleeding, and my doctor is starting to wonder why that is. Again, because of my loss, my age, and length of time not able to conceive since my loss, I've now been referred to an OB/RE and looking into my spotting will be on the list of to-dos.
    It seems that I have PCO so that is probably what is causing my spotting. It does seem like I O'd last month but of course we missed it :( I started temping this cycle and my temps are all over the place. I hope they can get things figured out for you soon. Good luck!
This discussion has been closed.
Choose Another Board
Search Boards
"
"