Infertility

Meds wwyd?

I am supposed to take Lupron between 6 and 8pm each evening. It is supposed to stay within a certain temperature- basically room temp, no more than 78 or something.

We have an outdoor wedding tomorrow. It starts at 3 and the reception goes until 10 - in the same place. It's about an hour and a half from home.

The Lupron will overheat in the car. It will overheat in my purse. There isn't an indoor option to store it, and I'm afraid that a cooler with ice is too cold.

Any ideas/suggestions?

Thanks!
Baby Boy born sleeping at 20 weeks.

Re: Meds wwyd?

• Hmm, here's a few options that come to mind:

1) Call the caterer and tell them that you have medication that needs to remain refrigerated and ask if they have any places that you could put it.

2) Put it in a ziploc bag, then put that bag in a ziploc with a few ice cubes and keep that in your purse. The heat from outside and the ice from the baggie will maybe even each other out?

3) Not go :(

I am actually leaving a work conference early because I don't want to deal with late night Lupron shots out of town, lol. But weddings are definitely more fun than work events, so harder call on that one ;) Good luck!

• I was just on lupron for this cycle. I took an over night trip. I placed it inside my follistim pen zipper pack and then placed it in an insulated lunch tote with a few freezer packs that came with my meds. I also placed it in the refrigerator overnight. Also, I drew up what I needed in the syringe. I wasn't willing to risk the entire bottle. I think my medication was micro dose luprolide if that matters. Good luck.
  • Loading the player...
  • Can you leave the reception early? Maybe sometime that would put you two or less hours off schedule?

dx:  Unexplained IF
     TTC since May 2011, 1 year trying, and then 3 TI, 2 IUI = BFN
    IVF #1 (May 2013):  Antagonist Protocol: 
    24R, 18M, 15F w/ICSI; 5dt of 2 early blasts, no frosties = BFN
    IVF #2 (August 2013):  Lupron Stop Protocol: 
    28R, 23M, 15F w/ICSI; 5dt of 1 partially hatched blast, 7 frosties = BFP
    EDD 5/23/14, blighted ovum (6w6d), D&C (8w6d)
    FET #1 (April 2014):  transferred 2 5d blasts = BFP
    C.J. born 01/09/15

• I used generic Lupron, and kept mine refrigerated. My nurse told me that you can refrigerate any med (except any meds in oil, because it will make the oil thicker). I would pack it in an insulated lunch type bag with some ice packs. If the ice packs start to melt too much, I would start adding ice to the bag.

imageimageimageimageimage

TTC #1 since August 2011

My Blog

September 2012: Start IF testing

DH (32): SA is ok, slightly low morph, normal SCSA  Me (32): Slightly low progesterone, hostile CM, carrier for CF, Moderately high NKC, High TNFa, heterozyogous mutated Factor XIII, and +APA

October 2012-May 2014: 4 failed IUIs, 3 failed IVFs, and 1 failed FETw/donor embryos

November 2014: IVF w/ICSI #4 Agonist/Antagonist with EPP and Prednisone, Baby Aspirin, Lovenox, and IVIG for immune issues.  Converted to freeze all due to lining issues.  2 blasts frozen on day 6!

January 2015: FET #2 Cancelled due to lining issues

April 2015: FET #2.1

PAIF/SAIF Welcome!

• I ended up calling the pharmacist. He said that as long as I don't leave it in the hot car and just keep it in my purse, it should be fine.

Hope he is right.
    Baby Boy born sleeping at 20 weeks.
  • I ended up calling the pharmacist. He said that as long as I don't leave it in the hot car and just keep it in my purse, it should be fine.

Hope he is right.

This is what I was going to suggest! I did this while traveling in hot and humid NYC this month, and just kept it in my purse. I learned a great tip from @KFlynn (I think) to pack the meds into an empty hard sunglasses case. Worked perfectly and felt secure in my purse that way. My meds were totally fine in the heat of my purse! You will be in good shape. GL!

| Married since 2008 | DH and I: Both 30 | Me: Endometriosis and Carrier of an X-Linked Dominant Genetic Disorder | DH: Low Morph | Planning IVF with PGD and PGS in 2013 | Freeze-All IVF #1: March 2013 ER 3/26. 29R, 12M, 11F. 4 5AA frozen blasts. Freeze-All IVF#2: May 2013 ER 5/15. 31R, 21M, 20F. 6 5AA frozen blasts. Our PGD probe was completed in late June (total of 20 weeks to develop). PGD and PGS Results came on 6/19: 3 healthy embryos (normal chromosomes and unaffected by my family's genetic disorder). FET #1: July 2013 Natural Cycle - Cancelled due to insufficient lining (only got to 7.5mm). FET #1.2: August 2013 - Medicated Cycle with Lupron & Estrogen Patches to build up lining. Single embryo transfer was 8/23. Beta #1: 240! Beta #2: 578! U/S on 9/19 at 6w4d: We saw the heart beating at 131bpm. Second U/S on 10/4 at 8w5d: We saw the heart beating at 178bpm. EDD 5/11/2014
    PAIF/SAIF/Everyone Welcome! 

• I gave myself Lupron shots at a local festival and a concert, lol. I felt really silly doing it, but I asked the nurse beforehand and she said keep it in my purse and it would be okay. I ended up filling the syringe with the correct amount and then packing it into my purse with a couple of ice cubes in a plastic zip loc close by (it was really hot out and I figured better safe than sorry). This made it easy to step into the ladies room and inject without anyone noticing. :-)
    Me: 36 DH: 38 Married: 2/14/2010 TTC since: 5/2012
    DH: Average motility and count
    Me: Hysteroscopy 1/2013 to remove fibroid, chronic PID, infection treated internally by antibiotics, bicorneate uterus, both tubes blocked
    Consult with RE to explore options 3/2013
    IVF #1: 7/29 BFN
    IVF #2: (FET) September 2013
This discussion has been closed.
Choose Another Board
Search Boards
"
"