2nd Trimester

Bad dream

I had a nightmare last night that I was having a miscarriage. I have had premonition dreams in the past and am slightly concerned that this may be one. I have never experienced a MC before and my OB seems to think this baby is healthy, however, there is a first for everything. 

Has anyone had scary dreams? Were they anxiety dreams, or was their truth to the dream?
And then there were three...

Re: Bad dream

• Hormones cause you to have crazy dreams. This won't be your last, I can promise that.

To answer your question though, mine have never come true, cause if they did Justin Beiber might have some explaining to do to my husband.

DD#1~Emma Dawn 12/19/00 7lb 10 oz 21"
    DD#2~Daphney Mae 04/17/03 7lb 13oz 21"
    DD#3~Grace Deonea 05/20/10 8lb 2oz 21"
        DS#1~Brody Maxwell born 10/16/13 8lb 10oz 21"

Baby Birthday Ticker Ticker
  • Last night, I dreamed that a homeless man broke into my house and ate one of my 4 cats and then died in my bath-tub!!!! Seriously, hormones give me some special kind of screwy dreams! I woke up terrified, horrified, and heartbroken over my poor cat (who was actually snuggled against me the whole time purring like a lawnmower!) and couldn't wake my hubby up to console me. It was horrible, yet this morning when I was trying to tell him about it, I couldn't even get the words out giggling over the absurdity of the whole thing. Nearly every night I have some sort of insane goose-chase, nothing makes sense, absolutely crazy and often scary dreams. Some of them have been fears about my baby or my other two kids too. I seriously just think it's the hormones wreaking havoc on my already over-active imagination. I remember having crazy off the wall dreams and nightmares with my other two kids as well. Try to relax and think pleasant thoughts before you go to sleep. Plan your dreams in your head before you fall asleep, so that during the dreams you have a "map" to hopefully follow and keep your imagination in check. Sounds a bit crazy, but it does work, at least sometimes... when it doesn't and the hormones take over, I just try to reassure myself when I wake up that it was just a crazy pregnant lady dream and all is well.

• Loading the player...
  • There is not likely any truth to your dream. If you were to have a M/C it would be unrelated to a dream; dreams are brought on by the body's psyche reacting to extreme anxiety or stress. Call your OB if you're very concerned
    VOTE on my Name List
    Lilypie Pregnancy tickers
  • I just had a bad dream actually which is one of the reasons I'm on here at 445 in the morning lol

My dream was that zombies were attacking us and the world was ending. Sounds funny now but it was really scary when I woke up and my fiancé works graveyards so it sucks that I don't have him there when I'm scared but at least I can text him and tell him right away I guess. I also had a dream one my baby was born and she came out really hairy like a monkey!! Lol
  • Thank you for sharing ladies! It is reassuring that I am not alone. 

@happyturtle03, your dream recap made me laugh out loud :)
    And then there were three...

• Last night I dreamed that I was a superhero! I could fly..... And shoot strawberries out of my mouth. LOL

GREEN to PINK on 3.14.14 
  • gigantan said:
    Thank you for sharing ladies! It is reassuring that I am not alone. 

@happyturtle03, your dream recap made me laugh out loud :)
    Glad I could make you laugh! Seriously it was scary at the time, the dude was messed up on bathsalts or something and all I could do was watch horrified, but after the sun was up and I came to my senses, I realized how completely bizarre it was for me to dream such a thing. *smh* most of my dreams while pregnant have been as crazy if not worse. I can definitely identify with the ladies here telling of their strange dreams. I figure it's just one of those more miserable pregnancy symptoms we put up with along the lines of morning sickness and feeling like our boobs are going to burst into flames at any moment. It'll be worth it though, and it does go away once your hormones start to settle back to normal after baby.
This discussion has been closed.
Choose Another Board
Search Boards
"
"