Baby Names

Zelda

WDYT of Zelda? I usually dislike Z names, but this is one that I really like. MNs? I like Zelda Rose, Zelda Lorelei, and Zelda Elisabeth. TIA!
FORMERLY NADCHAEL.

VOTE on my Name List

Re: Zelda

• "Oh, like the video game?" If you don't mind hearing that forever and you think your daughter won't either then it's a beautiful name.

TTC #1: February 1, 2014
    BFP #1: 2/21/14 EDD: 10/31/14 (my birthday!) MMC: discovered 3/31/14 (blighted ovum) D&C: 4/3/14 at 9w6d

TTC #1 (Round 2): May 16, 2014 

Names | Blog | Chart

"Everybody wants to be happy. Nobody wants to feel pain but you can't have a rainbow without the rain."

• mh89mh89 member
    I like it a lot. You'll likely get Legend of Zelda comments from adults, but if that doesn't bother you, then use it. :) I doubt she'd get any gamer comments from kids her own age once she goes to school (they don't still make Zelda games do they?).

If you use it, I say use a more traditional MN with it so she has a "normal" name to fall back on if she doesn't like her FN (Elizabeth, Rose, Katherine, etc).
    image image

• Loading the player...
  • I like Zelda but not with Rose. What about Zelda Lily?
    Loss #1 2008, Loss #2 2010, Loss #3 2011, Loss #4 2012, Loss #5 2012
    Loss #6 2014 Loss #7 (chemical) 2014

~DS Born! 2009~
    ~DD Born! 2013~
    ~DD due! 2015~

• mh89mh89 member
    I guess I'm behind on my Legend of Zelda news lol. I haven't had a Nintendo product since the N64, but Ocarina of Time really was a great game!

So, maybe the child would get some video game comments since the games are still being made, but I don't think that's a bad thing.. most kids will probably think it's cool actually. It's a traditional enough name to work for an adult as well. I say go for it!
    image image

• I don't mind the game connection!

I actually have a Nintendo name myself. My maiden initials spell NES, which is the Nintendo Entertainment System. Everyone calls it the NES, like my initials.
    FORMERLY NADCHAEL.

VOTE on my Name List
  • I can't get past the video game association. What about Zara?
    Lilypie Second Birthday tickers Lilypie Pregnancy tickers
  • Screw the pop culture reference! I think it's a great name! Use it!! :)

Wish I was brave enough to say that about my own pop culture guilty pleasure name.

• If I met a Zelda I would think of the game, then I would just think it's a cool and pretty name. I like it. Because it's slightly uncommon, I'd pair it with a more common middle name. I don't love the flow with Elisabeth or Loralei, but I do like it with Rose a lot. Also:
    Zelda Jane
    Zelda Marie
    Zelda Joanne
    Zelda Brianne
    Zelda June
    Zelda Nadine
    Baby Birthday Ticker Ticker
  • NMS, sorry. I only associate it with the game.
    ✯             ✯              ✯          ✯               ✯     ✯             ✯         ✯     ✯          ✯                   
  • I think of Zelda Fitzgerald because I'm a huge fan of her hubby. I like the name but it's a bit harsh for me to use. I also think of Sabrina's aunt on Teenage Witch. Loved that show.
    PitaPata Dog tickers Baby Birthday Ticker Ticker

BFP #2 11/6/13 - EDD 7/14/14 - blighted ovum discovered @ 7w - natural m/c @ 10w3d

BFP #3 5/25/14 - EDD 2/1/15 - Hoping this is our 2nd little owl Lilypie Maternity tickers

A/S findings: Baby is a girl! EIF found on heart :( but maternit21 came back neg for chromosome disorders!!

• My friend has a daughter names Zelda. My first reaction was 'as in The legend of?'. They liked it because of Zelda Fitzgerald. She has two middle names, Yvonne Rebecca.
    imageimageimage

Lilypie Maternity tickers

• Loooove Zelda. I've asked about this name before; it seems the video game is too iconic for use.
    Baby Birthday Ticker Ticker Baby Birthday Ticker Ticker Pregnancy Ticker
  • Screw the pop culture reference! I think it's a great name! Use it!! :)

Wish I was brave enough to say that about my own pop culture guilty pleasure name.

@WashingtonQueen ooo! what name might that be?? :)
    FORMERLY NADCHAEL.

VOTE on my Name List
  • nadchael said:

Screw the pop culture reference! I think it's a great name! Use it!! :)

Anakin. I am in love with the way it sounds. I couldn't care less about Star Wars but since it is directly from that I think it's unusable.
  • NMS,makes me think of Nintendo. 
  • Zelda Rose is pretty. There is a regular w\here with a daughter named Zelda.

I associate it with Zelda Fitzgerald, I'm pretty ignorant on video games.
    Married 9-4-04

***PM me for my IF history***

Lilypie Kids Birthday tickersLilypie Kids Birthday tickers
    Lilypie Fifth Birthday tickers
  • nadchael said:

Screw the pop culture reference! I think it's a great name! Use it!! :)

Anakin. I am in love with the way it sounds. I couldn't care less about Star Wars but since it is directly from that I think it's unusable.
    Haha! I love FN James MN Kirk (the flow is fantastic) but for reasons like Anakin, it's not going to work.
    FORMERLY NADCHAEL.

VOTE on my Name List
  • I guess ill be the only one who doesn't like Zelda at all...not even a little bit
  • As a 20 year old, I can tell you that Legend of Zelda is one of the most popular video games out there, and has been for years.  The association will never end for her if you name her that.  I don't know who Zelda Fitzgerald is, but I'm young enough to know what's trending now, and that game would be your daughter's identifier from everyone in her generation and a few years before it, for the rest of her life.  If you think she'd be okay with that, go for it.

Personally, I have spent the last 12 or so years trying my hardest to bury the name my parents gave me, so I'd just be careful if I were you.  It is pretty sounding, though.

Married 4/13/13

Loss at 6 weeks 5/4/2013

Loss at 9 weeks 12/2013

Healthy baby boy 7/12/15

Due 1/6/18

This discussion has been closed.
Choose Another Board
Search Boards
"
"