Attachment Parenting

xp: best carrier for nursing (newborn)?

M0ONM0ON member
edited August 2013 in Attachment Parenting
My baby girl is 5 weeks old and I'd like a carrier that I can comfortably nurse her in. The ability to nurse her while im walking / doing other things is my number one criteria for a carrier right now. We have a Baby Hawk mei-tei but as far as I can tell theres no way to nurse in that. I am very petite (5'0) if that makes a difference. Thank you for any suggestions!
Lilypie First Birthday tickers

Re: xp: best carrier for nursing (newborn)?

• Have you tried a moby or another wrap? Mei tais are great to nurse in, but maybe it'll be easier for you when she's a little older. I am only 5'2" and love nursing DS in my mei tai...I just push it down a bit to lower him enough to reach the boob, and I use my hand to support the boob while I walk.

I've heard that nursing in mei tais and soft structured carriers is much easier when you're well endowed, because you can bring the boob to baby, so to speak. ;) I'm pretty average chested, and just lowering the carrier works pretty well for me. Good luck!
    imageimage
  • I just got a Mei tai because of  that purpose to me, it seemed easier to nurse him in that than the K'tan or the Ergo which were the other 2 options I was looking at. 
    Image and video hosting by TinyPic Anniversary 

Baby Birthday Ticker Ticker
  • Loading the player...
  • thank you ladies :)
    Lilypie First Birthday tickers
This discussion has been closed.
Choose Another Board
Search Boards
"
"