Elsa & Elisabeth — The Bump
Baby Names

Elsa & Elisabeth

My husband and I have been just briefly tossing around a few names we both like to get ideas of options when this baby is born.  We both like Elisabeth quite a bit,  but recently my hubby said he really loves Elsa as well.  I like both of them, but we each have one that we prefer slightly over the other. 

Realizing this would be quite a bit in the future, do you think we could potentially have a daughter Elisabeth, and a daughter Elsa, or are they too close?  We pronounce both with very different "E" sounds, and they have a very different "feel" in my opinion, what are your thoughts?  TIA for feedback!

Image and video hosting by TinyPic 
BFP #1 - July 28, 2013.
EDD: April 9, 2014

Re: Elsa & Elisabeth

• I love both especially Elsa, but I say they are too close for sisters especially considering that Elsie can be a nn for both Elisabeth and Elsa.

Baby Birthday Ticker Ticker

• Elizabeth and Elsa are a little too matchy for my taste. I really love Elsa. Elizabeth is just ok.
    "Bedo" - Apr. 16, '13

#2 - EDD Nov. 15, '14
    **RATE A NAME HERE!**
  • Loading the player...
  • Elsa and Elisabeth are too close. Elisabeth nn Elsa would be nice.

I prefer Elsie over Elsa though.
    FORMERLY NADCHAEL.

VOTE on my Name List
  • Way too close for sisters. I love Elisabeth - but if you love Elsa, it could always be a nickname.
    DS1 - 9; DS2 - 6; Angel - May 10, 2011; Baby Girl - Due May 19, 2013
  • NerdyLucyNerdyLucy
    2500 Comments 250 Answers Fifth Anniversary 500 Love Its
    edited August 2013
  • I agree those names are too close for sisters.

Maybe you could use one as DD1's FN and one as DD2's MN? Example: Elizabeth Jane and Sophie Elsa. I don't think that would be too much unless Elsa becomes Elizabeth's NN. But the beauty of Elizabeth is the many lovely NN options. :)

Daisypath Anniversary tickers
  • Like PP said, they're the same name. Even if they weren't, they're too similar.
    Baby Birthday Ticker Ticker Baby Birthday Ticker Ticker Pregnancy Ticker
This discussion has been closed.
Choose Another Board
Search Boards