December 2011 Moms

transitioning to new bed question

Well, our son's new room is finally done, so the last few nights we've been trying to get him to transition.  The first night I thought he was good, but then he kept getting in and out of the bed, so we just put him back in his old room in the crib.

Next night, we put him in the bed, same thing.  So back to the crib he went.  Just thought maybe he wasn't ready yet (baby is coming in December, so I'd like him to be transitioned before that).

Last night, we tried the pack-n-play in the new room...after a successful attempt he climbed out of the pack-n-play and fell (carpet) so he didn't get hurt, but my husband put him back in there, and he went to sleep and slept all night long! Progress!

My question is, should we just keep him in the pack-n-play in his new room for a month or so, until he is used to the room, and then attempt the bed again?  And, when we do attempt the bed again, do you guys have any suggestions?  Or should I just ignore him and let him get in and out until he falls asleep?

Thanks!
BabyFruit Ticker

Baby Birthday Ticker Ticker

Re: transitioning to new bed question

• Not that I have any experience (we have 2 cribs) but I would just put him in the new room in the bed. Baby proof the room really good and put a baby gate at the door.

TTC#1 for 19 months with PCOS and MFI IUI#3 + injectables = BFP!!!!  Beta#1-134(13dpiui) Beta #2-392(15dpiui) 
    #1 born December 2011
    TTC#2 - Beta #1 -51@10dpo Beta#2 -1353 @16dpo
    #2 born May 2013
    TTC # 3 June 2014 BFP 12-1-14
    #3 born August 2015 
    #4!!!!!!! due June 2017 
  • Loading the player...
  • We had to convert the crib to the toddler bed for this reason. We put the couch cushions on the floor next to it because the 1st night he didn't understand that there was a gap where the crib rail used to be. He fell out :-( Thankfully he was OK.

It took several rounds of us walking him back to his bed and covering him up without saying a word for a few nights/days. 1st naptime it took 4 hours then at bedtime it took 2. Next time around 1.5 hours then it dropped to 15 min. We still have to get up in the middle of the night to bring him back to bed, but he goes down pretty quickly.

Good Luck! It wasn't easy in the beginning!

This discussion has been closed.
Choose Another Board
Search Boards
"
"