August 2013 Moms

Funny lactation story

I've been having problems with BFing since Matthew was born 6 days ago. He wasn't able to latch due to being tongue tied, and my supply wasn't coming in. Double whammy. Well, the LC came in everyday to my room while at the hospital and my follow up appointment was this afternoon. Matthew got his flengulum snipped this morning. He did very well on the shield on the right breast and nursed without the shield for the first time on the left breast.
Still had to pump though.

So, funny story: My milk is slowly coming in and I'm actually getting excited. in fact, I was excited I actually was leaking this morning. So, at the appointment today in front of DH and LC, I was taking the pump off and the milk shot out of my breast like a water fountain across my lap!!

I'm sure the first of many milk shootings, but as you can imagine, it was funny and embarrassing, but also so happy to have the supply to actually cause that to happen!!! ;)

What is your lactation story?

Re: Funny lactation story

• Last time our first sexy time...I didn't wear a bra. Needless to say DH got a shower.
    Warning No formatter is installed for the format bbhtml
  • today I squirted LO in the face.  it's the first time it's shot out like that but it was kind of her fault for pulling away lol usually it just drips down and gets all over me 
    Warning No formatter is installed for the format bbhtml
  • Loading the player...
  • I went to the doc to get checked for mastitis. The nurse gave me a paper vest to put on while I waited for the doc. By the time my appt was over the paper vest had holes in it thanks to all the leakage.
    photo crunchy_zps41233998.gifimagephoto crunchy_zps41233998.gif
    My baby is ONE!!

• I have squirted both LO and the dog who happened to be to close...

• I was in the shower today and squirt myself in the eye. Good times, lol
  • I was sleeping with my chest pressed up against DH's back. Yeah... big ol wet spot on DH's back in the morning... Oops!

Baby Birthday Ticker Ticker

• My milk was so slow to come in and I was EPing since the boys were in the NICU.

Anyway, I was so frustrated that I was still getting NOTHING on day 3 that I was pumping laying down without attaching any bottles. Bc what's the point of bottles when you aren't even getting drops?

So the nurse comes in, looks at me and says, "you know you're supposed to have bottles on there, right? Man, I thought we were doing so well w the whole BFing thing".

I laughed (cried) and told her that yes, I knew bottles were supposed to go there and I was just frustrated.

Oops.

• Welcome to BFing!
    Baby Birthday Ticker Ticker
  • Last time our first sexy time...I didn't wear a bra. Needless to say DH got a shower.
    I'm certain this is going to happen to me, too.

• I'm always squirting poor dd in the face. I have to sleep with shields in or the bed gets soaked. @v&g101808 I had a similar experience except there was no paper gown. It just started squirting and the the ob was like oh the other done is dripping too. I got milk all over, I was worried all pregnancy about my supply
This discussion has been closed.
Choose Another Board
Search Boards
"
"