High-Risk Pregnancy
Options

High Risk in several different ways...

Hi Everyone. My name is Jessica. I'm 24 years old and I just found out that I am pregnant with my third child, due May 7th, 2014. I am so extremely excited, but I am also concerned. I am obese. Because of my obesity, I have high blood pressure. And a factor in my obesity is an underlying thyroid problem. I'm worried about all of these things and carrying a baby. I was obese when I carried my first two children and managed my weight fairly well, gaining about 30 pounds with both. But my other issues have only increased since my last pregnancy. I called an OBGYN in town to set up an appointment and let her know I was high risk but she still does not want to see me until I'm at least 8 weeks along. Have any of you wonderful ladies gone through anything similar? I'm wondering if I should get a second opinion? I would really hate for something to happen just because I waited too long to be seen...

Any advice would be extremely appreciated! Thank you so much!

Jessica

Re: High Risk in several different ways...

• Options
    I am overweight, but do not have any other conditions. I have made it a point to be careful about what I eat the whole pregnancy to avoid having additional issues - avoiding fast food, soda, fried food, etc. is a great start. If you're concerned you could see your regular family doctor before seeing your OB to make sure you don't need to stop/start any medications due to pregnancy, that is my suggestion. Good luck an T&P for a happy and healthy pregnancy! :-)

Baby Birthday Ticker Ticker
  • Options
    Hi Jessica!
    Don't stress...I am also obese with high bp, GD, hypothyroid and other stuff. I managed to only gain 14lbs last pregnancy by watching what I ate. The trick is to avoid lots of carbs and have lean protein and veggies. I got a healthy baby girl and had a relatively uneventful pregnancy!
This discussion has been closed.
Choose Another Board
Search Boards
"
"