Pregnant after 35
Options

XP: What do you drink besides water?

(Posting this on the 1st Tri board too)...

Water is making me really nauseous this pregnancy, so I am looking for other things I can drink.  Sodas are the only things that don't make me feel sick, but normally I am a Diet Coke drinker and I am trying to avoid that as much as possible.  Yesterday afternoon I drank regular Ginger Ale, but with the calories in regular soda, and my otherwise not-so-great eating habits right now, that's not the best for me either. 

So what works for you?

Re: XP: What do you drink besides water?

• Options
    Have you tried mineral water? You could get that fizzy feeling you like without all the sugar, etc. You can add fruit to it too if it helps, for flavor. I like the lemon lime myself.
    Me:41, DH:41 Positive for MTHFR mutations- one copy C677T, one copy A1298C. One daughter born on Thanksgiving in 2013. Six losses.
  • Options
    ...I had an extremely difficult time drinking water in first tri as well. My nurse suggested Gatorade. That was one of the only things I could keep down. I found the grape flavor was easiest on my nausea. Sorry you're having a hard time. Hugs.
    Me:41, DH:41 Positive for MTHFR mutations- one copy C677T, one copy A1298C. One daughter born on Thanksgiving in 2013. Six losses.
  • Loading the player...
  • Options
    Guennie said:
    Have you tried mineral water? You could get that fizzy feeling you like without all the sugar, etc. You can add fruit to it too if it helps, for flavor. I like the lemon lime myself.
    Feel stupid I did not think of that, but that is a good idea.  Thank you!

• Options
    I drink water, powerade zero, tea and coffee.
    Image and video hosting by TinyPic

Lilypie Fourth Birthday tickers Lilypie Second Birthday tickers
  • Options
    Crystal Light makes a liquid version that is fantastic.  I have the strawberry lemonade, and being able to adjust it to your tastes make it so much easier to handle if you aren't a sweet freak or if there is something in the water that you are trying to cover up. 

Otherwise, club soda/Perrier and fruit juice (a 1:1 ratio usually is best) tastes like fruit soda.... trust me it's delish.  I like pomegranate cranberry juice mixed with Perrier.  Great vitamins without too much sugar, and the cranberry will help fight UTIs.
  • Options
    I just found IZZE drinks at costco and they are basically fruit juice (up to 80%) but with fizz.  They are delish!  They still have calories as would any juice would, but makes me feel better about my choices than gingerale or sprite.  
    My local super market has a million flavors of generic, no cal mineral water which are really good as well, and don't have the "no cal" taste.  
    If you were really hurting you could invest in one of those soda stream machine which makes anything fizzy!  GL!
    Pregnancy Ticker
  • Options
    aga60154aga60154 member
    edited August 2013
    Same here, before the pregnancy I was a vivid water drinker but now I just can't stand it. Vitamin Water Zero does it for me. I did some research and couldn't find anything negative. 
    BabyFruit Ticker

Baby Birthday Ticker Ticker
  • Options
    The user and all related content has been deleted.
  • Options
    Sour lemonade and orange juice!
    BabyFruit Ticker
  • Options
    I try iced tea and iced coffee without caffeine and a lot of water. 
    BabyFruit Ticker
  • Options
    I drink milk and juice, but I try to limit juice to once per day since I'm pre-diabetic. I put a lemon wedge in my water when I get bored ;)

BabyFruit TickerAnniversary

• Options
    so glad to hear im not the only one!  i swear people look atr me when im nuts when i say water makes me barf.

i drink - gatorade, milk, lemonade (simply lemonade is soooo good)
    Due 9/18/2013 after 3+ years of trying
    Expecting a GIRL!!!
    Big Brother is also a September BABY - 9/24/06
  • Options
    I mix Gatorade and water.
  • Options
    Thank you everyone!  I found Canada Dry Seltzer and that seems to really help me, although yesterday I could not shake the sick feeling for anything.  The only non-fizzy thing I can drink right now is hot water or tea - I even had to kick my morning half cup of coffee.  But sipping on seltzer all day seems to help a lot.  For some reason I never would have thought of that so thank you so much!!

• Options
    I dilute Simply Lemonade to 70%water.  And occasionally have a Starbucks Refresher (40mg of caff per can).  This baby loves all things sour so it helps with the MS too.  
    Lilypie Third Birthday tickers

Lilypie Pregnancy tickers
  • Options
    I avoid artificial sweeteners as much as possible, don't drink soda or caffeine...but feel like water isn't hydrating enough sometimes. Instead of Gatorade I drink organic lemonade mixed with la croix mineral water (grapefruit and peach-pear are sooo good) over crushed ice. when I am super nauseated I go for the real ginger ale- make sure it has actual ginger and not just flavoring- and it helps so much! Decaf chai is a craving also that is so appealing and helps w nausea for me.
  • Options
    I found a soft drink at Costco called La Croix. It is basically club soda with a hint of lime or lemon. It has no calories or added sodium. It's delicious!
  • Options
    Water has been my best friend. That's all I can tolerate. I usually add a bit of lemon and stevia. Oh, and decaf tea with lemon.
  • Options
    By the way, I'm 28 weeks and still can't tolerate fruity drinks. YUCK LOL
  • Options
    Carabu42 said:
    I found a soft drink at Costco called La Croix. It is basically club soda with a hint of lime or lemon. It has no calories or added sodium. It's delicious!
    I love La Croix. If you can't find it, try any flavored seltzer that doesn't have added sugar.

My Blog (that is not really about eating in the shower)
  • Options
    Izze also makes "Izze-esque" which is a lighter version with less sugar and calories. 40 per bottle, I believe. I like the watermelon.
This discussion has been closed.
Choose Another Board
Search Boards
"
"