Baby Names

Thoughts on Amelia

Thoughts on Amelia Rae? It's our current girls name

Re: Thoughts on Amelia

• I like the name Amelia a lot. It's super popular in my circle, and it's shooting up the popularity charts. If that's not a factor for you, I think it's a great name.
    Our sweet girl is 3!

Lilypie - (R7Ux)

• It doesn't really matter to us how popular it is. It's the only girls name dh and I can currently agree on lol!
  • Loading the player...
  • Love it but I'm biased. I get lots of compliments on my name though.
    BabyFruit Ticker Lilypie Angel and Memorial tickers
  • Love it.
    ✯             ✯              ✯          ✯               ✯     ✯             ✯         ✯     ✯          ✯                   
  • Love Amelia, not so much Rae. I knew a girl in college with this name. Didn't like her much, so that may make me a bit biased.
  • Lol! Rae is a family name. No matter the gender the middle name will be Rae or ray
  • Beautiful!
    Making the decision to have a child is momentous. It is to decide forever to have your heart go walking around outside your body. ~ Elizabeth Stone
    "Don't marry a man unless you would be PROUD to have a son exactly like him." ~ Unknown
  • For some reason I can't like this name that much. I think it's the "meal" sound in it but it's a fine name just nms. I have seen it pop up a lot lately!
    Baby Birthday Ticker Ticker

• tbug09 said:
    It doesn't really matter to us how popular it is. It's the only girls name dh and I can currently agree on lol!

Well then it sounds like the name for you!

It's a very nice name. I used to like it a lot more, but my enthusiasm has diminished because people were asking about it a lot around here when I was pregnant with DD1.

Baby Birthday Ticker Ticker Baby Birthday Ticker Ticker Pregnancy Ticker
  • I prefer Amalia instead of Amelia, but that's my DD's name.
    IVF, acupuncture, meditation and a miracle. 

Our sweet Valentine's Day FET.

• I ADORE Amelia. I hope to use it someday ;)
  • love it, it was on our top baby girl name list too
  • I really like it! It's not one DH likes so it didn't make it onto our short list, but I think it's a great name! 
    Me: 30 Him: 33
    Married: August 2012
    BFP #1 9/2013 -- MC 10/2013
    DD: 9/22/2014

• love.
    BabyFruit Ticker BabyFetus Ticker we're having twins!
  • Since popularity doesn't bother you, I think it's perfect for you!
    Lilypie Third Birthday tickersLilypie First Birthday tickers
  • Love it! Especially with MH Rae
  • Love. Our team green baby due in Nov will be Amelia Ruth.
    Warning No formatter is installed for the format bbhtml
  • That's my niece's name. She is lovely, so I think it's a great name :)
    TTC #1 since August 2012 |  BFP August 17th, 2013  |    EDD April 25th, 2014
    Living with Vestibulodynia (Chronic pelvic pain)

• Not a Rae fan. LOVE Amelia. Was on our list :)
    E+C
    (+ hers and his, ages 13 & 8)
    TTC
  • I really want to like it but the -meal sound bothers me.
  • I like it. There was a Doctor Who quote where the Doctor said something like "Amelia is a brilliant name, like a fairy tale". I thought that was sweet and we considered it for this DD but it never grew on us and there wasn't enough personal meaning for us to use the name. 
    image image

This discussion has been closed.
Choose Another Board
Search Boards
"
"