December 2013 Moms

NBR:People you hate on social media

MamaHannaMamaHanna member
edited August 2013 in December 2013 Moms
OK ladies I think you all have "that person" in your life. You know the person whose life is a pinterest page, the person always talking about how amazing their relationship is, the person who needs to put out every single political opinion that they have. You hate them but they still stick around in your feed just because they past the point of annoying into being funny. Well here is mine.

There is a girl I want to high school with who thinks she is some big "live off the earth" hippy but she drives a BMW and only shops at high end places and lives in NYC in apartment her parents pay for. Today's Facebook update:
"Cake for breakfast? perfect idea. fig almond cake right out of my oven."

Who thinks she actually made this? LOL! Some of these are just to funny for words. She also has a Facebook for her dog and her dogs posts are almost if not more pretentious than hers. So who is the person on your feed that just makes you laugh sometimes with the stuff they put out there?

update:Someone just asked her for the recipe for this and she said "Send me your address and I will mail it to you on one of my recipe cards." I don't know if you really need to wright out "go to bakery, get cake, put cake in oven, claim you made cake."

Mom+Dad+Josie+May 2015=2 under 2!!!!  

Re: NBR:People you hate on social media

• A "friend" who is a pediatrician, her husband is a musician. Literally it's like a shit show of "love" between them everyday. They also have FB pages for each of their children (who are 2 and not quite a year). Ugh....

• Loading the player...
  • I have one who is Ms. Superfit. She posts all of her workouts and meals, which are all completely sugar free. She, too, has a fb page for each of her dogs, in clothes. The part that really sucks is that she's really fun in person. She's smart and funny and has been a friend for a long time. I just wish her actual persona and her fb persona could be the same person.
    D13 June Siggy Challenge Awkward (Awesome) Bathing Suits
    photo d5230f4f-07cc-4b75-b11c-da060b42a66d.jpg
  • I have 2. Both old HS friends, who I keep in intermittent contact with.

1. Only posts vague updates "I can't take any more of this, ugghhhh" type shit, or bitching about being sick, her kids being sick (with details I might add) or "needing a girl's night out soooo bad" to which people pity her and invite her out, or no one does and it's awkward.

2. My friend who only posts about her perfect little family unit, never anything funny, serious or normal non-kid related. Just perfect posed shots of her kids, and only if they go somewhere.

I despise people who just post on FB to check-in somewhere cool to AW, but never post anything else.
    Baby Birthday Ticker Ticker

• I have a "friend" who likes to brag about her bar excursions, posting nightly tallies of how many shots she had and what her tab was. Then she begs her friends for money the next day to pay her bills.  People pay them too.  She'll give them FB shout-outs after the fact.  "Yo, so-and-so, thanks for paying my $200 cell bill/buying new brakes for my car/giving me a gas card!  That's what real friends are for!  Lets get wasted tonight!"  She has no shame.
    imageimageimageimage
  • Here we go: ETA: not that I'm not stoked she's getting healthy. But no one needs to know every pound you lost as well as everytime you walked more than 50 feet.
    hahhaa, nice try, blurring the name, but not blurring the name. 
    But agreed that it's annoying. I'm not a fan of the "runtastic" links either that I see on FB all the time. 

• I have a friend on FB who constantly changed her relationship status every time her and her boyfriend get into a fight and then talks crap then the next day I love him and their back into a relationship status again... Annoying! Every time you get into a fight you shouldn't announce it on FB grow up girl! Lol
  • I have a friend who just shares cheesy inspirational pictures. The kind that say "Like this if you hate cancer. If you ignore all the puppies will die."  I had to block her, she likes one every hour or so.
    I gave this a love tit just in case because I do hate cancer and love puppies! But I hate those people! That is an instant un-friend!

• swirl25swirl25 member
    edited August 2013
    I have a good friend who I can't block because she is a good friend, but she is either posting (read: airing) her dirty laundry with her husband/family, or posting blurry/bad/inappropriate photos of her kids (like one of her kid buck naked captioned "potty training"!). I just don't understand her judgement on half the things she posts.
    Baby Birthday Ticker Ticker Baby Birthday Ticker Ticker
  • I have an uncle who is super annoyingly into the crossfit workout stuff, marathon running, etc. his posts are always pretentious about how "awesome" his workouts are. Well I got a good laugh the other day when he posted something along the lines of "that awkward moment when you tell a Navy SEAL your marathon time and they are not impressed." Like DUHHHHH what did you think was going to happen?!
  • And this is why I stopped going on Facebook.
  • Cashingn2 said:

I hate the term boo...Also, I hate when someone posts a status that they had an accident or something happened then everyone asks "are you ok?" They just posted on FB, do you think they're bleeding out? I mean, they must be okay.

This!!
  • Aww my husband and I have called each other boo for years! I promise we are normal haha.
    Warning No formatter is installed for the format bbhtml
  • I hate the term boo...Also, I hate when someone posts a status that they had an accident or something happened then everyone asks "are you ok?" They just posted on FB, do you think they're bleeding out? I mean, they must be okay.
    This!!
    My DH calls me Boo boo because when my mom found out he grew up in a bad area of Detroit she thought he would be ghetto so he thought it would be funny to say "sup boo boo" every time he walked into my moms to pick me up and it just kind of stuck.

• My SIL, ugh.  She is young and immature and everyone is out to get her.  Guess what hun, no one cares.  
    BFP
    #1 = DS Leland born 4/19/11
    BFP#2 = missed miscarriage and d/c
    BFP#3 EDD 12/31/13
    BabyFruit Ticker
  • My husband's niece posts about having to pick up her WIC checks and most recently about her 2 year old having scabies. Wtf?
  • OMG my DH's niece. She is seriously the biggest piece of ghettolicious trash... Like straight off the Maury Show trash. When she's not posting "fish face" photos of herself, she's at one of these three steps of her repeating Facebook cycle: 1) talking about how much she loves her "boo," or her kids, or her family, 2) ranting about her "POS" baby daddies (with copious amounts of foul language), or 3) cussing out her family and friends, and raving how you can only count on "yerself" in this world. This cycle repeats every week or so.
    I have a cousin like that too. She always complains about her boss and her job and about drug tests at work. I cringe.
    image  image

Lilypie - (Xzno)
    Lilypie - (WIG0)
  • A girl I went to HS with post about her freaking child literally every 30-45 minutes, her poop, her pee, her words, her crying, laughing, sleeping. It's ridiculous! I would understand if her family lived away but they don't. Same girl post all the time how she ran 1 mile and had a healthy meal. I want to tell her to shut up and eat lettuce. Same girl post constantly how her husband is a douche bag and spends their money on poker and doesn't get home till 4 am and hasn't seen their child in 3 days. I've blocked her from my news feed now but if I'm in bed and bored I will go to her page just to get a good laugh. And her grandma posts on every single status! I feel like I'm back in high school cause me and 3 girlfriends will text each other saying have you seen her page yet today.. Lol
  • I have an 'ex-friend' and SIL that always post back handed comments on my page. I'm very, very close to saying, 'There you go again with the confusing, backhanded comments... Sarcasm or trying to get in a dig?'
  • It's football season, so the "armchair quarterbacks" are at the top of my list right now. Our local college team is highly ranked; I want to punch the next person that posts about what the coaching staff and/or players need to do, what plays they should be running, etc.

Also, my cousin who spends the majority of her time reposting pictures/memes/quotes about being strong, having your heart broken, being a mom, or whatever. Occasionally she'll throw in a post or two about how her phone is off because she has no money.

Married 8/2012
    DS born 12/2013 @ 41w2d
    BFP #2 EDD 10/2015

• amberproamberpro member
    edited September 2013
    M&H2011 said:

Crossfit braggarts, Advocare/MLM reps, and Shakeology/Beach Body coaches are tied for the most annoying.  I can't say that I hate these type of posters.  Mostly I feel embarrassed for them because I don't think they realize how annoying they sound to others.

My "clean eater" is a shakeology/beach body coach. And I forgot about the advocare rep. She only posts in spurts, though.

Lilypie - (JzKZ) Lilypie - (DgGJ)

• Reading all of these makes me wonder if this it what it would be like to be friends with SG on Facebook. Hmmmmm :-@

"Dont fucking ever come out your face talking shit like that" -SG 1/12/2014

• onewayticketonewayticket member
    edited September 2013
    This girl went to law school with me and is constantly posting pics in bikinis. She also has a public blog where she talks about her online dating experiences. This is one of the photos she decided to share with the world (both via facebook and blog). She is very political and is always posting angry rants but I just can't defriend her bc of gems like this that make it all worth while.
    imageimage

• onewayticketonewayticket member
    edited September 2013

Totally going to get flamed for this.... A friend's nephew died very suddenly and tragically about three years ago. He was only three. It was heart wrenching and devastating, and we all grieved with her. Since then, a LARGE percentage of her posts are about her nephew. How she's thinking of him, crying about him, honoring him, how he knows he's watching over them, etc. I completely supported this for the year after he died. Started looking past it during the second year. But now that the third year is coming to a close, I'm giving her the side eye. She's clearly not making peace with this and giving It the closure she needs. When you talk to her in person about her nephew, she seems very well adjusted about it. However, give her Facebook account, and it's like her license to AW about it.

Haha geez SSS give her a break. She lost her baby!

ETA: oh just reread and realized it was her nephew. But still, there is no 1 year cap on getting over something like that.
    imageimage

• I have 2 both cousins.

Cousin #1 post pictures of what she is eating for every freakin meal. Then she takes pics of her poor husband eating all the time. He is a really private person and the poor man has a million pics on FB of him stuffing food in his mouth.

Cousin #2. Had a baby about 4 months ago. She is constantly begging people to watch him so she can go drink or posting pictures of her at happy hour with baby looking like he's holding a beer saying "teaching him early". He's an amazing baby though he "is already putting words together." Umm yeah Whatever.
  • I have a friend/ex-colleague. She used to be really fun to go out with and we'd go out drinking together every now and then. About 3/4 years ago, she met a fairly wealthy guy, started dating, moved in together, had a baby together who she refers to as "M"... in every single post. She gave up work and so her life consists of nothing but "M". "M lost a piece of her puzzle!!" "Still can't find the missing puzzle piece!". "Found the missing piece!".

What happened to her?!

I hope I don't turn into one of those mums when my baby comes along x

• A ex-college of mine loves to post pictures of herself in just her BF's jumpers and tops, no trousers and sometimes a little bit of her knickers showing too. Her BF is in the Army and doing a tour of duty. She gets a few hundred likes and dirty comments off men asking for more. I find it really wrong!
  • M&H2011 said:

Crossfit braggarts, Advocare/MLM reps, and Shakeology/Beach Body coaches are tied for the most annoying.  I can't say that I hate these type of posters.  Mostly I feel embarrassed for them because I don't think they realize how annoying they sound to others.

My Dh and I were JUST talking about this! One of our friends, who refused to have a Facebook account, just opened one this year and added all his friends...but now it's 95% Advocare Posts! It's just nuts! Drives us crazy. I think at this point we are just going to Unsubscribe from all his posts because it's all he ever talks about!
    Expecting Baby #3 to complete our family. 
    I have an adventurous 2 Year Old Toddler Boy & thoughtful 4 Year Old LIttle Girl! 
    Lilypie Pregnancy tickers 
    photo 172b031e-21cf-454e-ae3f-ea3666c05af5.jpg

photo BellyProgressionForSignature-32wks.jpg
  • An old co-worker of mine who CONSTANTLY brags about her kids. Yes, I post things about my kids on FB but this girl is ridiculous. And she'll say things such as "DS is officially off formula and the bottle! Such a big boy!" at TEN months. Why brag about your 10 month old moving to cow milk early??
    Lilypie Kids Birthday tickers Lilypie Fourth Birthday tickers Lilypie First Birthday tickers
  • One of DH's friends posts a) about skiing (no matter what time of year it is -- either about how awesome his GoPro video from that day was or WAH WAH WAH 105 days until the mountain opens OMFG HOW WILL I SURVIVE UNTIL THEN), b) about beers and where he is currently drinking them, c) about home improvements he's in the middle of f-cking up.  He consistently wins Most Boring in the imaginary Facebook awards in my head.
    Lilypie - (V9Ze)
  • Ok some people on this board will hate me after this but here goes.

My eldest SIL loves 1D, she goes to concerts, wears the t-shirts and went to watch the film the other day. You walk into her house and it is covered in merchandise, from pictures and posters on the wall, mugs, framed signed t-shirt... the list is endless.

Sweetie you are 35 with two boys, grow up! I am sick and tired of hearing how much you love Harry Styles or whatever his face is,1D is a bunch of kids with no talent.

Ok rant over sorry.
    I'm not a 1D fan at all, but honestly, I don't see what the big deal is in having a hobby or fandom to love. I'm a huge Harry Potter fan, to the point of going to conventions and wizard wrock concerts and getting baby name inspiration from the books. I don't see what's wrong with being a hardcore fan of something so long as it doesn't interfere with real life responsibilities. Let her love what she loves, even if you don't like the band.

As far as annoying facebook friends... I'm so annoyed by all the racist, slut-shaming, body-shaming, and rape-promoting "humor" memes that people share. These drive me nuts. Example, someone shared one of those e-cards and it said "If the guy does the dishes, you owe him a blowjob." Or there was another I saw this morning of an obese girl and it was captioned as "tag someone who would tap her hard" with a bunch of guys tagged and everyone laughing and denying it in the comments and making fun of "the whale". >.<

I also have the vegan/Crossfit friend who constantly talks about cute animals and how cruel the rest of us are for killing and eating them. She also has meltdowns any time she eats anything remotely unhealthy. "I just ate 2 sugar-free, gluten-free, vegan cookies. Kill me now, I hate myself." And then she posts her crossfit and running stats multiple times a day. She's a nice person irl, but her facebook persona is so aggravating. 
    image image

• mh89 said:
    As far as annoying facebook friends... I'm so annoyed by all the racist, slut-shaming, body-shaming, and rape-promoting "humor" memes that people share. These drive me nuts. Example, someone shared one of those e-cards and it said "If the guy does the dishes, you owe him a blowjob." Or there was another I saw this morning of an obese girl and it was captioned as "tag someone who would tap her hard" with a bunch of guys tagged and everyone laughing and denying it in the comments and making fun of "the whale". >.<

These people last about 30 seconds on my Facebook "friends" list.  If I wouldn't put up with it IRL I wouldn't put up with it on social media.  Delete delete delete.
    Unfortunately I have to keep them since they're all DH's relatives and would take offense to my unfriending them. I've blocked most of their posts from my newsfeed so I don't have to see it, but some still slip through and make me see red. 
    image image

• I wouldn't give two shits if they took offense to you unfriending them since they sound like horrible people.
  • I'm late to the party, but I can't believe nobody has mentioned the "vote for me in this contest"/"help me pay for my honeymoon"/"hey I only have 3 weeks left to win this contest!" posters. 

I entered a logo contest and only after the fact did I realize one of the prizes hedged on getting the "popular" vote. I refused to post it to my Facebook. And honey, your kid isn't the cutest kid in that contest. I actually ended up voting for the kid beside yours. Whoops!
    BFP#1: 12/3/13 EDD 8/15/13. Heartbeat found on 12/26/13, HB gone on 1/4/13. D&C 1/7/13
    BFP#2: 4/19/13 EDD 12/28/13. Team Green for pregnancy and Baby Girl arrived 12/21/13.
    BFP#3: 2/9/13 EDD 10/18/17. Team Green for Round 2!

BabyFruit Ticker
This discussion has been closed.
Choose Another Board
Search Boards
"
"