Third-Party Reproduction
Options

I guess I'll give my intro (long)

Hey all...
I've been posting on here a little bit but I haven't given my intro yet so here goes...I married my hubby about 2 years ago and we have been trying to get pregnant since then.  He is 33 and I am 31 and we both so badly want to have a baby like yesterday.  So after trying on our own we met with my OB and she gave us some references which led us to a fertility center (the doctor actually delivered me 30 years ago...weird!!).  I had all these painful tests (as I'm sure you all have been through as well) and everything looked as it should.  So, my hubby took all his tests and, after four months of testing and a surgery, we learned my DH is missing a piece of DNA causing him to not produce sperm (often.  The doctor says there's a "chance" he could still get me pregnant, albiet a very small chance).

I gave him whatever time he needed before we made a decision on the next step (if any) and one day he came home and said he wanted to go forward using DS.  So, in July we tried IUI for the first time.  I jumped the gun and took a preg test too soon and it came back positive.  We were so happy!!!!!!  Until we found out I was not actually pregnant and it was devastating.  So we tried again in August and learned it didn't work again.  This time I was upset but I didn't get my hopes up so I was able to maintain reality after finding out.  I was so upset though that I had to cancel going to my girlfriend's baby shower (she understands, she went through IVF also).  I also just found out a friend is now pregnant after trying for a MONTH.  One month....oh man I wish it were that easy!!  We decided we're going to try one more time and if it doesn't work, we're going to take some time off before starting IVF.

The hardest part of this process for me right now (aside from finding out the bad news) is that my doctor says I can't work out while on these meds.  I completely understand why but taking away the activity I do to relieve my stress makes it tough.  I'm gaining weight and becoming crabby beyond words.  I used to do boot camps and TRX classes and lift weights and run a lot. 

I started looking at this website for help, answers and support.  The outpouring of support and knowledge in this community is comforting.  I hope you all obtain the results you're looking for....and maybe help me through this process because, quite honestly, I feel like I'm falling apart.

Thanks for reading my rant!

Re: I guess I'll give my intro (long)

• Options
    Please don't apologize for sharing what you have been through, we have all been there and this IF is not an easy journey for anyone.  Welcome to the group and I hope that you will find the support and community at that you are looking for here.
    TTC since 10/09 Me-43 DH-44 RE and testing 10/10-11/10, Recommending IVF 1/11 New RE AMA and DOR-DH low motility IVF #1.1 cancelled 3/11 due to poor response IVF #1.2 May 2011, one perfect 8-cell embryo, 3dt-BFN, IVF #2.1 Converted to IUI d/t poor response. New RE 9/2011. IVF 2.2 completed using HGH,EPP,DHEA, Q-10 and accupuncture. Transferred one 8-cell, grade one embryo on 10/19. BFP 10/31/11 Chemical pregancy on 11/2/11. Started stims for IVF #3, our final try, on 12-2-11. ET on 12/18. Transferred 3 Grade A embryos-BFFN Planning DE IVF, late March/early April- Donors ER expected to be 4/2-4/4. PAIF/SAIF welcome
  • Options
    Welcome! I hope the next IUI is successful!! My RE said it was ok to talk walks as long as they weren't intense, so maybe nice long strolls will help you clear your head? It's so hard to put your life on hold while waiting for something that should happen naturally!!

***signature & ticker warning***

Me: 30 ~ Stage IV Endo ~ AMH .38 ~ AFC 8
    AMH .97 as of 4/2012! ~ AMH 1.63 as of 4/2013!?!

Him: 29 ~ perfect swimmers

Laparotomy w/partial oophorectomy 8/2009 to remove cysts/endo.
    Stopped BCP 4/2010.
    Multiple clomid rounds from 11/2010 to 6/2011. ~ All BFN
    IUI w/clomid 7/2011. IUI w/clomid & injectables 11/2011 & 1/2012. ~ All BFN

IVF:EPP 5/2012 ~ (4R, 3M, 2F w/ICSI). Both embryos txfrd. ~ BFN
    BCP to manage endo from 10/2012 to 12/2012.
    FET w/donor embryos #1: 10/2013 Cancelled
    FET w/donor embryos #1.2: 11/2013
    ~ ET of 2 beautiful blasts on 11/27.
    Beta 1: 503(12dp5dt) Beta 2: 1035(14dpt) Beta 3: 3001(16dpt)
    Beta 4: 8503(19dpt)
    Twins with an EDD of 8/15/14! Team Purple
    G&B born 6/30/14 at 33w3d via emergency c/s.

If you're wondering about my avatar...it's a fried pickle chip shaped like a fetus!

• Loading the player...
  • Options

Sorry you have to find yourself here but this board is amazing!! Hope you find some comfort here. GL on your next IUI :)

ME:46 MH:44 DE IVF 2014
    Met with RE 4/11. 2 IUI's BFN. DE best option. Switched clinics to do "shared" program. Had to retake all tests and a mamm that put me behind and then on a DE waiting list for 12 months. Picked a donor!! (10/13/13) Got matched. Estimated transfer in December. After 2.5 years of patiently waiting I will finally cycle....can hardly believe it. DE cycle got cancelled. One of her tests came back positive.  Waiting for another donor. Donor picked!! (1/18/14)

DE IVF #1 (4/26) BFN  DE FET #1 (6/4) BFP! Beta 1=339 Beta 2=852 Beta 3=9957 EDD 2/22/15!!

imageimage 
         image   imageimage

• Options
    Welcome to the board!

************ Signature/Ticker Warning ************
    Me (32) DH (36) - Finding our way to baby #1
    Me: POF/DOR - AMH <0.16, heterozygous c677t MTHFR, insulin resistant and gluten intolerant
    DH: Severe MFI

12/2/11 - IUI #1- BFN 
    8/1/12 - IVF #1 - Zero response from max stims (600iu intramuscularly)

My ovaries are just for decoration

12/6/12 - Adopted five embryos that had been frozen for over ten years!
    2/11/13 - DEmbryo FET #1 Thawed four, sadly two didn't survive. Transferred two beautiful blasts. 
    2/16/13 - First BFP of my life @ 6dp5dt! EDD 10/30/13
    3/27/13 - After beta and u/s hell, no heartbeat ever detected. D&C at 9w1d.

6/5/13 - Adopted four new embryos that had been frozen for seven years!

9/12/13 - DEmbryo FET #2. Thawed and transferred two beautiful blasts
    9/17/13 - BFP @ 5dp6dt! EDD 05/31/14
    9/29/13 - m/c @ 5w1d. :(

11/19/13 - DEmbryo FET #3. Thawed and transferred one blast from each batch. Wow!
    11/23/13 - BFP @ 4dp6dt! EDD 8/7/13
    Beta #1 @ 13dp6dt - 522  Beta #2 @ 16dp6dt - 1373 
    6w5d ultrasound showed one perfect baby with a beautiful heartbeat of 134bpm!

Snowflake baby is a girl! 
    Our beautiful Snowflake girl arrived on July 22, 2014!   
    My embryo adoption blog: Wishing on a Snowflake

image      image 
  • Options
    Good luck!

imageimageimage
    Lilypie First Birthday tickers
  • Options

I'm sorry you find yourself here, but wanted to also welcome you to the TPR board! 

The ladies here are so supportive and helpful!!

Me: AMA, DOR, undetectable AMH, carrier of SMA, MTHFR homozygous C677T, high cytokines, low IGg B cells, Factor XIII V34l mutation, High Anti-Phosphatidylethanolmine, borderline hypothyroid and mildly insulin resistant.

MH: No known issues, aside from MTHFR.

Recommendations from RI: LIT, Humira, IVIG, Lovenox, Baby Aspirin, Folic Acid, Low-dose synthroid and Metformin.

Currently taking:  Pre-Natal vitamins, Foltanx, Low-dose synthroid and Metformin. 

When cycling also taking: Baby Aspirin, Lovenox, Humira and IVIG.

TTC since 7/11/09..with medical intervention starting in 2010, including 4 failed IVF's and 6 failed IUI's...only "success" was a chemical pregnancy in 11/2012 (credited to use of DE).

FET #1 (11th cycle) on 8/23/13 = BFN.

FET #2 (12th cycle) Transfer of last two (day 6) donor egg blasts on 1/22/14 = BFP, EDD = 10/10/14 (please stick little BOY!)

My favorite breed:

***PAIF/SAIF always welcome***

• Options
    Welcome to the board.

I understand about the working out. It's tough, but I try to at least get outside and walk to clear my mind.

Best of luck

Me (32) DOR, elevated NK Cells/ 2 copies of MTHFR mutation/ MH (35) azoo/high DFI   (TTC#1 since 2009)

IVFs#1-4: (4/10-2/12) all BFN

Surprise Bfp (9/11) - c/p

DS IUI#1-2 (9/12, 10/12) - BFN

DS IVF: (11/12) - BFN

DE/DS IVF#1: (10/13) - 2 day 3 embies transferred-BFFN

FET of 2 day 6 blasts: (12/13) - c/p

DE/DS IVF #2: (4/14) - 1 day 5 blast transferred...BFFN...again.

FET 5/14: 1 day 5 hatching blast transferred...another BFFN

Repeat SHG 6/14-normal / Endometrial Receptivity Array biopsy 7/14-Receptive Uterus

New RE, additional testing reveals elevated NK Cells

FET of 1 day 5 blast (RE recommends transferring 1 due to elevated NK cells) with lovenox, steroids & intralipids in October

• Options
    Welcome!! I am also looking to start this journey soon..scared..excited..angry..happy is all apart of the roller coaster I'm prepared to ride..I am hoping I can start ivf this October or November at the latest..just wanted to say to you good luck on this journey
  • Options
    Welcome!! I am new to this board as well!! Wishing you the best!!! 
This discussion has been closed.
Choose Another Board
Search Boards
"
"