Cloth Diapering
Options

Stash anxiety

I've been working on my stash pretty obsessively every time I get paid, looking for deals, sales, seconds, good bids. So fluff has been coming to the house pretty frequently and my DH is starting to freak out saying I have too much and I honestly feel like I don't have nearly enough. I'm going to list my stash (just the covers, not accessories). And please tell me if DH is right and I can stop worrying or if DH is wrong and I can continue to shop on.

Fuzzibunz Pockets
--1 sz small
--3 OS
Thirsties Pockets
--1 sz1
Sweet Pea Diapers
--4 NB diaper cover
--1 OS Cover
Best Bottoms OS Covers
--1 Aplix
--1 snaps
Kawaii
--4 OS covers
--3 Bamboo OS pocket
--1 NB P&N Pocket
--2 Goodnight Heavy Wetter OS Pockets
Alvas
--4 OS Pocket
--1 NB Pocket Aplix
--1 Bamboo OS Pocket 
Sunbaby
--5 4.0 OS Pockets
Flips
--4 OS covers
Rumparoo
--1 Newborn Cover
--1 OS covers Aplix
Weegro Cover- 1
Babycity Pockets- 30 (I bought these before I read reviews, they were super cheap and I wasn't thinking. I don't really plan to use them often, only in dire emergencies, unless it turns out they work perfectly for us.)

And I still really want to buy a few Grovia & Blueberry, just so I have a little of everything.

BLAD reppin'

Re: Stash anxiety

• Options
    Just looking at the NB sizes - it looks like you only have 9 changes worth (unless the Babycity fit NB?  I don't know anything about those) - and that is definitely not enough.  It's very unlikely that your NB is going to fit into OS at birth (I got lucky, and my LO started fitting OS right at 4 weeks), so you're really going to need some more NB options.  Maybe 2 dozen prefolds and a couple covers?  That would be relatively inexpensive (which hopefully your hubby would approve of), and round you out nicely for NB.  FWIW, I had 30 diaper changes for the NB stage, and that was enough to last me 2 days generally, and sometimes only 1.5 days before I needed to do laundry.

As for OS, it seems like you have enough for now (especially with the 30 Babycity, again, not that I know anything about those).  I'd definitely wait on buying more OS until you know what you like.  I can appreciate a diverse stash, but once I figured out what worked for LO in OS, I really like just having one style to mess with for the most part.
    BabyFetus Ticker
    DS born 6/2013
  • Options
    amberrrjadeamberrrjade member
    edited August 2013
    @musicalsilver I was under the impression I only needed about 6 NB covers (I have 5) since they could be used a few times before washing? I've also bought some prefolds and I'm definitely getting more of those even if I have to have them shipped to work and hide them, lol.
    BLAD reppin'

• Loading the player...
  • Options
    @musicalsilver I was under the impression I only needed about 6 NB covers (I have 5) since they could be used a few times before washing? I've also bought some prefolds and I'm definitely getting more of those even if I have to have them shipped to work and hide them, lol.
    Sorry, you're totally right.  I got confused between some of your pockets and covers.  Given that confusion, then you definitely need more NB changes.  The prefolds were an awesome choice for us (I had 2 dozen GMD NB and 3 covers as well as 5 or 6 AIO/pockets just to try), and they're working as really wonderful burp cloths for my very spitty-uppy baby now.  I definitely am getting my money's worth out of them, even if I only used them for diapering for a month!
    BabyFetus Ticker
    DS born 6/2013
  • Options
    I agree with PP that your stash looks pretty good if you add maybe one more NB cover and have plenty of prefolds or fitteds for a NB. Save some of the diaper-buying joy for when your LO is bigger and your DH's anxiety has died down a bit. :)

This discussion has been closed.
Choose Another Board
Search Boards
"
"