Breastfeeding

feeling weak

So my twin boys are 7.5 months old and I am breastfeeding them 5x a day and once at night. They are eating three pretty good meals of solids during the day. Lately though, I feel like physically I just can't keep up. After I nurse them my head starts to spin and I feel like I'm going to pass out. Anyone else experience this? I can't figure out if it's related to nursing or if it's just the baseline exhaustion that is making me feel this way. I'd like to nurse them for a year, but am starting to wonder if I can physically do it.

Re: feeling weak

• I wonder if your blood sugar is dropping? Or if you're dehydrated? Just a guess. Maybe try drinking a glass of water before you BF, and a glass of OJ or apple juice while you feed them?
    Baby Birthday Ticker Ticker
  • I get this sometimes, and DH finally made the connection that it happens right after I nurse (for some reason I wasn't tying the two together... for a little bit, I was actually nervous that I might be pregnant!).  I chug water at the slightest hint of lightheadedness now - seems to do the trick.
  • Loading the player...
  • I'd guess dehydration.

• I get this sometime also. I normally try drinking more and eating a little more also. Not sure how much you are drinking but I have to have 2 glasses of water before i feed them and then another glass while I am feeding them. Feeding that many babies is hard )= Great job on going 7.5 months already!
This discussion has been closed.
Choose Another Board
Search Boards
"
"