Babies: 0 - 3 Months

Angelcare monitor?

So my baby boy is getting too long and too wiggly (keeps turning himself sideways and getting stuck) for his bassinet so it's time to switch to the crib...but that means getting a new baby monitor. I've looked at a bunch of them but the only one that keeps standing out to me is the Angelcare movement and sound monitor...it sounds great and I'm very seriously leaning towards it...but I'd kind of like some feedback on what other mommies thought of it.

Re: Angelcare monitor?

• I am lurking from 3rd tri.  I have one, haven't used it yet, but it comes VERY highly recommended by a group of my girlfriends.  We have each lost a baby in the past and are very concerned about monitoring.  These ladies swear by it.  
    TTC #1 12/2009
    BFP #1 1/2010, M/C 6 weeks
    BFP #2 6/2010, DD lost to
    congenital heart diseasewe are heartbroken.

TTC #2 4/2011, diagnosed MTHFR, FVL
    Four natural cycles BFN; Clomid IUI BFN; Follistim IUI BFN;
    1/2012 IVF #1 BFN
    4/2012 FET BFP #3
    5/2012 7w1d u/s: anembryonic demise; M/C @ 8w.
    6/2012 found Stage II/III endo on laparoscopy, removed w/ laser.
    8/2012 IVF #2 epic fail: no viable embryos.

Vacation, break, second opinions, on to new RE.
    1/2013 Surprise chemical pregnancy BFP #4 (break cycle), IVF #3 postponed.
    2/2013 TI w/ hormonal support, prednisone, aspirin, Lovenox, acupuncture gave us a miracle BFP #5!
    Heartbeat on U/S at 6w1d!
    Baby,please stay!!
    Our miracle baby boy arrived 10/2013!  We are so in love!!

10/2014 Surprise BFP #6
    Our second daughter arrived in May 2015!  We are so grateful!  

Lilypie Angel and Memorial tickers

Baby Birthday Ticker Ticker

• I would get a normal video monitor and a Snuza Hero. Love having video--won't ever have a monitor w/o it. And the Snuza is awesome bc it goes where ever baby goes.

• Loading the player...
  • I have angel care and I highly recommend it. It puts my mind at ease t o know it will beep with no movement. We looked at video too but DH pointed out that's not going to wake us up if there's an issue, angel are does. Good Luck!

BabyFetus Ticker

Our Surprise Angel due August 2014!

• I have the angel care and really like it. Just an added peace of mind. I actually only have the movement monitor and a Sony sound monitor. It's worked out well.
  • kat012 said:
    I have angel care and I highly recommend it. It puts my mind at ease t o know it will beep with no movement. We looked at video too but DH pointed out that's not going to wake us up if there's an issue, angel are does. Good Luck!

This. I do have a Video monitor but only bc it was leftover from DD.
    Two under two, here we come!
    BabyFruit Ticker Baby Birthday Ticker Ticker

imageimage image
  • I have an AngelCare, but DD is not in her crib yet...so we have not set it up to use it

• We have a video/sound monitor and an Angelcare.  The video/sound picks up the Angelcare sound if it goes off.  I really really love having the video monitor.  When he fusses we can look and see if he goes back down.  It also allows us to talk to him - I don't but DH uses that feature.  I'm also just paranoid about him and it helps for me to be able to wake up and look at him and see he's OK.
This discussion has been closed.
Choose Another Board
Search Boards
"
"